Seahawks celebrate “The Tip”

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/pastapadre/status/1069349414500626434[/tweet]

Cool homage to that play, Richard Sherman and Malcolm Smith.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I say lots of comments on Youtube saying it was trolling RS. Sheesh. I am sure those guys still love each other and it was a definite tribute.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
One of the greatest single plays in Hawks history, considering everything it meant, both for that game and the next.

It was a fitting tribute to two guys on the other team, and their contributions while playing in front of this same Home stadium.

Go Hawks!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jerkish? Ehhh, maybe.

But funny and creative? Absolutely.

As a 9ers fan I 100% approve.

Polk738

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":16fsjvwk said:
I say lots of comments on Youtube saying it was trolling RS. Sheesh. I am sure those guys still love each other and it was a definite tribute.

Considering that Sherm said we were a "middle of the road" team I am fine with the trolling

chris98251

Reaction score
These are the type's of things that keep division rivalries fresh.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I'm thinking we'd better be ready for the Niners in two weeks; they're going to ready for us and pissed. The D is allowing WAY too many yards. I'll be at the game cheering the Hawks on!

12HawkFan

Reaction score
As someone that saw the original "Tip" play in person about 100 feet from where my season tickets are all I can say about that re-enactment is a big thumbs up.

It was hilarious as they did it in the same spot as the original "Tip" play, I just wish they would have had enough time to do the whole three parts to the original play and the aftermath of it.

The Tip. the pat on Crabtree's ass with a shove to Richard Sherman's face and finally the Erin Andrews/Richard Sherman interview that was seen world wide many millions of times.

So cool.

GO HAWKS!!!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Does anyone know where there would be a video of that first TD celebration where they reenacted "the tip"? Either they didn't show it on the broadcast or I missed it. I looked on the Hawks site and couldn't find it. Thanks

253hawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":nw1x39cd said:

Doug was even playing the role of Sherman. Some people just can't live without drama. :roll:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Trolling? Nope. Respect? 100%

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I laughed pretty loud, and I saw it as a show of respect for the best play in team history and a former teammate.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1069356346514915333[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1069356346514915333

“It was brought up to me during the week, and at first I was a no-go on it, but the more I thought about it, I was like, ‘Yeah, let’s do it as a tribute to my brother. Why not?’” Baldwin said. “…That was a tribute to my boy. I know all you guys think that we’re robots and that we’re not humans and that we don’t have emotions, but when you spend so much time with guys and doing what we do, day in and day out, it’s hard. You spend those hard days with guys that you love. Sherm is obviously one of those guys that has done so much for this organization that we thought it would be nice to give him a tribute and we had an opportunity to do so. I know it was kind of weird, we’re scoring, he’s on the other team, we’re doing the tribute, but that was in our hearts this week.”

https://www.seahawks.com/news/doug-bald ... man-with-t

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
“It was brought up to me during the week, and at first I was a no-go on it, but the more I thought about it, I was like, ‘Yeah, let’s do it as a tribute to my brother. Why not?’” Baldwin said. “…That was a tribute to my boy. I know all you guys think that we’re robots and that we’re not humans and that we don’t have emotions, but when you spend so much time with guys and doing what we do, day in and day out, it’s hard. You spend those hard days with guys that you love. Sherm is obviously one of those guys that has done so much for this organization that we thought it would be nice to give him a tribute and we had an opportunity to do so. I know it was kind of weird, we’re scoring, he’s on the other team, we’re doing the tribute, but that was in our hearts this week.”

Where is, not my like button but my LOVE button? LOVE THIS.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know that it was disrespectful, more like an homage. The dis was more to the franchise and the QB we ruined than to Sherm.