Who will the Seahawks cut?

bigcc

Reaction score
It's stunning to see how blindly willing seahawks fans are to place all the good moves on Schneider and all the bad on Pete.

Literally nobody has any idea what the exact division of labor there was, but I repeatedly see people talking about this like it's a fact.

If carroll is responsible for bad picks/trades AND bad contracts putting us in this terrible cap situation, what the hell was Schneiders job all this time?

Call me crazy but I personally assume it was a bit of both, and I don't expect the front office to operate much differently if at all just because Pete left and the creative juices of Schneider are in maximum flow state.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
The downside of cuts is that then you have to find someone to play that's going to be as good or better, for hopefully less money.

It makes sense to cut Adams and go with Julian Love, but after that I'd be inclined to try to keep as many of our guys as possible. Fant, Lewis, and Williams may prove too spendy to hold on to, but most of our starters are competent. Our problems last year were mostly about consistency, which I put on the coaches.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
It's stunning to see how blindly willing seahawks fans are to place all the good moves on Schneider and all the bad on Pete.

Literally nobody has any idea what the exact division of labor there was, but I repeatedly see people talking about this like it's a fact.

If carroll is responsible for bad picks/trades AND bad contracts putting us in this terrible cap situation, what the hell was Schneiders job all this time?

Call me crazy but I personally assume it was a bit of both, and I don't expect the front office to operate much differently if at all just because Pete left and the creative juices of Schneider are in maximum flow state.
I think for Schneider to stay on through this there were a few years of him letting Jody know when he thought mistakes were being made and the implications of those mistakes and then enough of what he warned about was realized. I could be wrong, but this is what seems very likely to me.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
The only way I see Lockett restructuring is due to his real estate business being tied to the local area.

I like Dissly and when healthy he is a great weapon but the caveat is the health part. With more targets will he be more likely to be banged up? I'm not sure what his market is like if we cut him.