Click Bait and contracts

chris98251

Reaction score
Well now that all of you have Poisoned your family's and spent everything you own and committed unforgivable crimes against humanity and animals because you believed the Mediots and their click bait stories I hope you have learned to look at the who if they are anyone at all is writing this crap and or their history of malice against this team or really any team you like.

Florio, King, Prisco and others have an axe to grind here and love to put this fan base on the ropes if they can.

Secondly Wilson's agent is a Baseball guy, he uses Baseball MLB type negotiation tactics, if you are old enough to remember Scott Boras this was his bread and butter.

Rodgers his Agent just guaranteed his next high end clients coming to him from Baseball and Football or the NBA, Highest paid player in the NFL, again Scott Boras 101 class to get higher Profile Clients.

Scott had a reputation of holding teams hostage for years with demands and deadlines.

Hope we have learned something here on the Forums, Links and Sources and credibility help keep sanity.

Oh and the Poison for your Family was just bad tasting cold medicine after all :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":3tubmi38 said:
Well now that all of you have Poisoned your family's and spent everything you own and committed unforgivable crimes against humanity and animals because you believed the Mediots and their click bait stories I hope you have learned to look at the who if they are anyone at all is writing this crap and or their history of malice against this team or really any team you like.

Florio, King, Prisco and others have an axe to grind here and love to put this fan base on the ropes if they can.

Secondly Wilson's agent is a Baseball guy, he uses Baseball MLB type negotiation tactics, if you are old enough to remember Scott Boras this was his bread and butter.

Rodgers his Agent just guaranteed his next high end clients coming to him from Baseball and Football or the NBA, Highest paid player in the NFL, again Scott Boras 101 class to get higher Profile Clients.

Scott had a reputation of holding teams hostage for years with demands and deadlines.

Hope we have learned something here on the Forums, Links and Sources and credibility help keep sanity.

Oh and the Poison for your Family was just bad tasting cold medicine after all :)
Was just going to post this very thing! Great minds think alike. 8)

sdog1981

Reaction score
Also, be aware of how sports journalism works. Not to get political, but sports reporting is 90% fake news. Stories get reported with no sources and no one on record. GMs, players, and agents are all praised for their ability to lie to the media and get messages out from the media.

Guys like Adam Schefter and Jay Glazer essentially work for all 32 NFL teams. If they release a rumor it is because a team wanted that rumor.

Ian Rappaport works for agents if he releases a rumor it is because a players agent wants that story out there.

Pete King works for both but his contacts are with the old teams. So he is really accurate with stories about teams from the NFC East, Pittsburg, and Chicago. All his other stuff is weak at best.

mikeak

Reaction score
So you are saying the agent spread the rumors, media printed it yet media is to be blamed?

sdog1981

Reaction score
mikeak":a7t3iprc said:
So you are saying the agent spread the rumors, media printed it yet media is to be blamed?

Yes, that is exactly how it is supposed to work. Reporters and editors are supposed to report on facts. The truth can be subjective but facts are not.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Sometimes the stuff the guy says gets on my nerves but I have to give Gregg Bell credit on this one. He has stayed steadfast in saying to ignore all the noise and that when all was said and done, Russ was going to get a new deal making him the highest paid player in the NFL, and that the Hawks had been planning for this in their $ management for a while.

mikeak

Reaction score
sdog1981":3eh8mq4r said:
mikeak":3eh8mq4r said:

Yes, that is exactly how it is supposed to work. Reporters and editors are supposed to report on facts. The truth can be subjective but facts are not.

If the story comes from the players agent then it is something that can be supported by credible sources. That is enough to report it

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't click any sports links. I don't watch any sports shows. It's a HUGE waste of time, and there are a million things one could do rather than listen or read stuff that isn't even uplifting in any way.

As a fan, I have learned that all of the anguish of this money crap is to be handled by people that get money to do it.

Obviously, it got done and all of it is over, until the next one comes and it's inevitable.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Guys like Prisco can just say that Russ really did want out but the Seahawks won him over with their offer. Views are driven towards the hottest takes and so nobody should be surprised when those opinions dominate the news cycle and click-bait rumors are disguised as sourced facts.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
But you also have to know the franchise and player enough to know they want him or they don't, he is a asset or a detriment no matter the talent such as Bennett and later Earl. Does he like it and is he invested here, has he made any indications as a player he wants out, you can tell in interviews, what he don't say or what he says, body language and demeanor.

In Wilson's case nothing directly came from his camp, it was all media based.

sutz

Reaction score
It's the silly season. All reports should be taken with a large rock of salt, especially from those who like to spread rumors and speculation to garner clicks.

:229031_shrug:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mikeak":3i4i0al8 said:
sdog1981":3i4i0al8 said:
mikeak":3i4i0al8 said:

If the story comes from the players agent then it is something that can be supported by credible sources. That is enough to report it

Agreed, I don't get the media bashing at all.

The agent is a douche, that seems like a better target for any angst.

knownone

Reaction score
This is kind of silly. Are we supposed to believe Wilson didn’t put a contract deadline in mid April? Where exactly do we draw the line here?

I think most of us realize not everything reported in the media comes true or even is true. However, I don’t think there is anything wrong with reacting in the moment to reports of what the agent or people connected to the team are leaking out.

This idea that your assumption of the situation is somehow more reliable than a news report is just as silly as taking the reports at face value.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The only part I really wonder is the "Russell Wilson wants out of Seattle" narrative for whatever reason.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":3iz1z1s4 said:
This is kind of silly. Are we supposed to believe Wilson didn’t put a contract deadline in mid April? Where exactly do we draw the line here?

I think most of us realize not everything reported in the media comes true or even is true. However, I don’t think there is anything wrong with reacting in the moment to reports of what the agent or people connected to the team are leaking out.

This idea that your assumption of the situation is somehow more reliable than a news report is just as silly as taking the reports at face value.

News Report that is false with NO sources willing to put their name out there.

Inside source, sources close to the situation, unnamed insider. When Pete and John offer no comments on any of the BS being slung around you can be pretty sure it's on ignore and false. They will usually comment on something that is actually viable. So will Wilson in this situation.

Why if your not a band wagoner and know the team and really have followed them you can see the non story pretty easily.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":yku9bxc8 said:
The only part I really wonder is the "Russell Wilson wants out of Seattle" narrative for whatever reason.

That came from Colin Cowherd and he didn't even didn't say that.

We've taken this statement: Colin Cowherd is a well known blowhard and he said that he's heard that Ciara would rather be in New York.

and turned it into this statement: The media said Russell Wilson wants out of Seattle all the media is fake news and not to be trusted!!!!!!

The problem is as much if not more ours than theirs, IMO.

Largent80

Reaction score
Cow flatulance has been linked to global warming so a Cowherd quote is equivilent to flatulance and is detrimental to mankind.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2y64aaaf said:
It's the silly season. All reports should be taken with a large rock of salt, especially from those who like to spread rumors and speculation to garner clicks.

:229031_shrug:

Succinct and well stated.

Beware of the story which alleges a source of an NFL insider or similar, it's usually just pure rubbish.

The usual suspect we all know and have learned to ignore as they are normally just haters, or attempting to incite a negative response to attract more clicks.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Largent80":8ykh9mbb said:
I don't click any sports links. I don't watch any sports shows. It's a HUGE waste of time, and there are a million things one could do rather than listen or read stuff that isn't even uplifting in any way.

As a fan, I have learned that all of the anguish of this money crap is to be handled by people that get money to do it.

Obviously, it got done and all of it is over, until the next one comes and it's inevitable.
Best post I've seen on any forum anywhere.

This should be etched in stone and everyone of the "football knowledge" gods should be forced to hang it in their homes. Right above their keyboards. They should be forced to read it. Every day.

sutz

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":ag5k7jlh said:
Largent80":ag5k7jlh said:

Best post I've seen on any forum anywhere.

This should be etched in stone and everyone of the "football knowledge" gods should be forced to hang it in their homes. Right above their keyboards. They should be forced to read it. Every day.
Kind of applies to tweets and grams, too.