Tyler Lockett's perspective on the Saints game.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1175934076693274625[/tweet]

"For us, I think it's a learning experience and it helps us down the road. It's a process. This season is a marathon. It's not a sprint. For us, we just got to be able to get ready for the next game and leave this game behind once we watch film tomorrow" -- Tyler Lockett

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Wonder if he's frustrated that we never score squat in the first quarter. I'm thinking that's a veiled frustration buried within the shooting ourselves in the foot comments. I think when he says the team can't expect to continue to think they can just pull wins out of thin air he's referring to that

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, this team isnt good enough to spot teams first quarters and half’s like they usually do.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1tbczd15 said:
Yep, this team isnt good enough to spot teams first quarters and half’s like they usually do.
Of all the complaints that are mentioned here about Pete and Schottenheimer that is the one I consider the most legitimate. I cannot understand why we don't come out attacking from the get-go. I understand turnovers early are a bad thing but getting a lead early is a good thing and we're seeing turnovers anyway so we might as well try to put pressure on the opposing team from the opening snap.

mistaowen

Reaction score
No longer have a defense that can hold elite offenses to 10 points a game. Can’t spot teams 14 when your defense cannot get off the field or cause turnovers, need an offense that can actually score points.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Now that your quarterback is in his 8th season and is a proven high-quality player you are not risking near as much attacking early as you would have been five or six years ago.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Tyler had, count them, 11 receptions!!!! 11!!!!

I’m glad he said it. Someone on the team had too!

Carroll, man, just terrible clock management....

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Good for Tyler. Someone needed to cut the usual Pete Carroll ra-ra sugar coated BS. He clearly sees, what appears to be, a systemic attitude from the team and players that needs to be curbed asap. Seasons still young, this is indeed a marathon and not a sprint.

justafan

Reaction score
I think he is calling out the sloppy play and stupid mistakes by his teammates and not the coaches.

chris98251

Reaction score
He states the obvious of course but deeper meaning may be what was said for him to make those comments, all across the board as a team they created their own problems that they could not overcome today.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
mistaowen":2x7s9k7n said:
No longer have a defense that can hold elite offenses to 10 points a game. Can’t spot teams 14 when your defense cannot get off the field or cause turnovers, need an offense that can actually score points.
Not to mention making repeated bone headed Coaching mistakes with time outs and calling replays when you shouldn't.

I love Pete but sometimes I would love to give him a swat in the backside to make sure he's paying attention to things.

Hopefully this is the one and only turd they lay this year.

12HF

Cyrus12

Reaction score
This offence is not capable of playing well in the first quarter or the first half most games. Who's fault is it?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1tmbkmhd said:
Cyrus12":1tmbkmhd said:
This offence is not capable of playing well in the first quarter or the first half most games. Who's fault is it?
Serious question, why'd you say it isn't capable?
Because it's been consistant for the last few years. Why do they start slow?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sounds to me like someone is filling the number 1 leadership role pretty well

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cyrus12":181fhn16 said:
hawksfansinceday1":181fhn16 said:
Cyrus12":181fhn16 said:
$64.000 question for sure. I just don't buy that team with a QB as dynamic as RW isn't capable. I have to wonder about the approach. Might be time to stop "feeling out" the opponent and start forcing the issue a bit. Like I said above, you have an 8th season QB. He can be trusted to not make an early mistake.
Not that I think it's going to happen. I don't. I just think it could work.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Cyrus12":m7d37az1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":m7d37az1 said:
Cyrus12":m7d37az1 said:

There are different reasons the team starts slow.

Sometimes it's because the defense sits on the routes Russ likes and leaves him with few options.

Sometimes it's Russ himself who's inaccurate.

Sometimes it's penalties.

And sometimes it's just terrible execution all around.

Today's loss was shared between #3 and #4, I'd say. The opening gameplan seemed solid, though it would have been nice to see a few pressure-neutralizing options other than just swing passes.