Tyler Lockett's perspective on the Saints game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
justafan":1r0rrd0x said:
I think he is calling out the sloppy play and stupid mistakes by his teammates and not the coaches.
Exactly how I'm reading it also.
I also think that "Feeling Out The Competition" in the first few plays came back to bite the Coaching Staff in the ass.
You can't let GOOD teams get into an agressive rhythm at the get-go like they did today; Payton counted on Pete's touchy-Feely start, and you can bet your ass that he coached his players up for the slow start that he knew was coming from Pete & Co.

Fade

Reaction score
NJlargent":4adir4fv said:
Sounds like early stages of Sherman and marshawn

Looks like Pete has no choice but to trade him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":s4botpi1 said:
Cyrus12":s4botpi1 said:
hawksfansinceday1":s4botpi1 said:
Cyrus12":s4botpi1 said:
This offence is not capable of playing well in the first quarter or the first half most games. Who's fault is it?
Serious question, why'd you say it isn't capable?
Because it's been consistant for the last few years. Why do they start slow?

There are different reasons the team starts slow.

Sometimes it's because the defense sits on the routes Russ likes and leaves him with few options.

Sometimes it's Russ himself who's inaccurate.

Sometimes it's penalties.

And sometimes it's just terrible execution all around.

Today's loss was shared between #3 and #4, I'd say. The opening gameplan seemed solid, though it would have been nice to see a few pressure-neutralizing options other than just swing passes.

And SOMETIMES Head Coaches like Sean Payton likes to go frenzy right out of the gate, and "Sometimes" guys like Sean Payton watches A LOT of game film, and understands how to attack the ball....The run back for a TD & the batting the ball out of the hand of a RB who doesn't secure it good enough, and then get's a freebee TD from it, adding 14 points of cushion, early in the game, and has his team playing hard for the full sixty minutes to put them in the drivers seat.
It also helps when their Special Teams pinned the Seahawks down inside the 3 Yard Line...TWICE.

Latest posts