Philadelphia QB advantage

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Agreed. Just hope the league doesnt use their I influence to push Wentz to the next step.

Jville

Reaction score
That's really going to set off the "Wilson can do no wrong crowd".

But, might as well get a fresh dedicated thread started on this ever popular theme again this week ..... have at it.

OP
OP
Dabhawk

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":9mjn6zd3 said:
Agreed. Just hope the league doesnt use their I influence to push Wentz to the next step.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least. We all know the league has an agenda

OP
OP
Dabhawk

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Jville":2ukgnedp said:
That's really going to set off the "Wilson can do no wrong crowd".

But, might as well get a fresh dedicated thread started on this ever popular theme again this week ..... have at it.

No not at all. Wilson does wrong all the time. This is comparing Carson Wentz’s track record in the playoffs versus Russ. To me I don’t see a comparison at all, and for them to claim “the evidence is indisputable” is laughable to say the least. I myself put a lot of blame on Russ, especially when he’s in the redzone trying to force balls into tight windows or when he sees the pocket collapsing and decides to run in circles instead of just throw the ball away. But comparing his success to Carson’s success in the playoffs is laughable

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wentz has played very well over the past month, but to say there's any clear advantage over Russell in the playoffs when he has ZERO playoff experience, and literally NO weapons on offense, AND a decimated O-line?

That's homerism at it's most egregious.

I mean, if we're going down the checklist of advantages, the ONLY advantage I'd give the Eagles is their D-line vs. out O-line.....and maybe special teams, cause our special teams is shaky at best.

FireHawk79

Reaction score
Did anyone read the very bottom of this where it states “this is only for satirical purposes” I was annoyed til I read that lol

OP
OP
Dabhawk

Dabhawk

Reaction score
FireHawk79":py0trq1i said:
Did anyone read the very bottom of this where it states “this is only for satirical purposes” I was annoyed til I read that lol

Huh didn’t notice that, I was so put off by the last sentence “the Eagles have a massive advantage” that I didn’t bother scrolling much further lol

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The comments are a fun read. Good humor those Philly folks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2hh29f31 said:
The comments are a fun read. Good humor those Philly folks.

Attachments

• good humor.jpg
    good humor.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,042

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Your team has an advantage at QB. Russell Wilson is outstanding. That said I don't think Wentz is a bad QB. In fact he is a good young QB. Inconsistent at times but a lot of talent there. His team and WR's are injured. That's the biggest problem at the moment. Not that he can't play.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3j98sq8y said:
Your team has an advantage at QB. Russell Wilson is outstanding. That said I don't think Wentz is a bad QB. In fact he is a good young QB. Inconsistent at times but a lot of talent there. His team and WR's are injured. That's the biggest problem at the moment. Not that he can't play.

I agree that Wentz when healthy is a good QB. He's a bit too cavalier with his body which may get him into an Andrew Luck situation eventually. But fine young QB.

But he's certainly not in Wilson's league. Wilson isn't perfect and has his shares of issues. Some are brought on by his measurables and some are brought on by the gameplan. But sometimes he brain farts it like the rest of us. But I'd still trust him more than most QB's. It's a really hard job and I think people that get angry at QB's have no idea.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
You know what scares me about Wentz?

How he freaking stepped it up. Even Pederson was telling media the playoffs were a "long shot." His team had just lost to the Dolphins. They trudged to the first game with the Giants. Eli Manning owned them for the first half.

Then all the sudden everyone wakes up. The D stops Eli. Boston Scott is merciless. Wentz makes any number of low-percentage throws to people on PS a couple weeks ago. They've been doing that since.

You get the sense with Pederson that he'll try anything because he has to. He's not beholden to RRP or 12 personnel. He changes things up with almost every play, and he does it in a way Ds don't expect.

They're a very dangerous rival.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I can't believe any of you got triggered by the article. Goes to show people read headlines and not the actual content. This was clearly a joke, but they're Eagles fans. Why are we getting mad over this? There are literally a million other examples of Russell being disrespected.

John63

Reaction score
Whats pathetic is some here not only believe this but beleive Geno is better. I mean on this forum I have read so far

Wilson
Cant throw in the rain
Cant throw in the wind
Cant read zone
cant read man
cant throw to a zone
cant throw to man
Cant throw short
cant throw intermdiate
cant throw over the middle
Holds the ball to long
Does not hold it long enough
takes to many sacks
Throws the ball away to much
does not throw it away enough
leave the pocket to soon
does not leave the pocket quick enough
To short\
not black enough
married to Ciara
spends to much time at hospitals
To heavy
to light
To slow
runs to much
does not run enough
cant perform with in the offense
Bought his oline luggage while someone else bought them Rolex
not a leader
to robotic
does not care
does not want to win
is all about the money

Good Lord how did he ever make a pro bowl or all pro or lead the league in anything, or have so many wins, so many tds so few ints, the 2ns best QB rating all time.

The sad part is this is all on a Hawks board. Now someone is bitching that like all QBs his numbers dip in the rain, but apparently it only matters that Wilson does, it does not matter all QBs do, they are all great Wilson sucks because his dip. The constant needing to make crap up, or ensure everyone knows that someone thinks he sucks or cant do something is one of the reasons I defend him, IT gets old when he has a great game and all someone wants to do is complain about 1 miss, or a throw away.It makes it hard to say when he messed up because instead of a okay he messed up it See I told you he sucks and always has. Been around over 50 years, played, coached, and ref football. Been on a lot of other teams boards, never seen one this bad about 1 player in their prime.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Oh enough. Sure people unfairly criticize Wilson for some things here, but no one, NO ONE, has ever said Geno is better and was serious about it. You're just making crap up.

Latest posts