2012: Seahawks: 36 Opponents: 33 +3
2013: Seahawks: 44 Opponents: 44 nil
2014: Seahawks: 37 Opponents: 42 -5
2015: Seahawks: 37 Opponents:46 -9
2016: Seahawks: 42 Opponents:42 -7
2017: Seahawks: 39 Opponents: 43 -4
2018: Seahawks:43 Opponents: 51- 8
2019: Seahawks:28 Opponents: 48 -20

If you thought the DLINE and OLINE looked bad this year... Well you were right. So, if the Seahawks spend all of their Cap and draft picks on DLINE/OLINE be thankful and don't complain:)

Also, I saw a stat that in the Carolina game, most of the sack/pressures were caused by RW. I am not going to complain about Russ given that he's the only reason we make the playoffs every year, but he could likely improve in this department too.

Another suggestion would be to hire a new DLINE coach. I've heard Brenston Buckner is highly regarded as an elite line coach who was let go by OAK after helping OAK increase sack production substantially. I'd also think hiring a new Dcoordinator would be helpful.

EOMyvL2VUAI5eQwformatjpgnamesmall

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Don't think anyone is surprised at those numbers. Most want us to heavily re-tool the OL/DL this offseason. Some are going crazy about the secondary, but secondaries all get torched when the DL isn't getting pressure. They aren't allowed to cover so it's throwing good money after bad to spend a lot on DB's. The real value is in the trenches and teams that win generally have good to great QB's and a solid pass rush.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
As astronomical as it would be to hire both Phillips and Buckner, that wouldn't happen. I'd imagine they'd both be in somewhat high demand, or at least other teams showing interest considering their successes and the move would be too bold for Pete. Pete is loyal to who he has, believes in second chances, and all that stuff. Also Phillips his entire career has been a 3-4 guy, so he'd either have to change his schemes to fit Seattle's 4-3 or the team converts to a 3-4. Both are very, very unlikely.

AKSeahawks

Reaction score
Lack of blitz this season. All season I see us rushing four, playing vanilla defense, and getting picked apart. Another one of PC mastermind game plan. Next season seems promising if we can secure Clowny. All he needs is another end rusher that can compliment him like Avril/Bennett. I know he dealt with some injuries this season but he needs to mix it up some. He has one move and thats the bull rush. He's a great rusher with great pressure but more often than not he get washed off the play.

xray

Reaction score
I have felt that Wilson is far past due for a serious injury based on the amount of punishment he takes every year . It's just a matter of when ; not if . There are many fans that continually state that Wilson is too elusive and smart and tough to ever get seriously injured . Ignorance is bliss .

getnasty

Reaction score
Wade Phillips runs a 3-4 defense so that's not happening

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
getnasty":b117t7s1 said:
Wade Phillips runs a 3-4 defense so that's not happening

Seahawks play 4-3 with 3-4 personnel. So, I'd imagine with all of the creative genius in the room (Wade and Pete), they could make something work.