Any chance Britt Re-Signs?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I know sometimes players can be fairly salty about being cut, but we have seen some players come back on cheaper deals. Not sure if he will have that much of a market either, with COVID slowing down the health checks and such. I would be down for having him back, even if just in the name of consistency along the O-line.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think they cleared that cap room for either DT or Clowney and are simply waiting it out. Britt will probably move on.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I sure hope we can resign him. He is a beast when healthy!
I doubt it will happen.

xray

Reaction score
Wilson will miss him the most

nrayorr

Reaction score
Appyhawk":22n906dy said:
I'd feel a lot better about our O Line if we could get Britt back healthy and cheap, but not at the expense of missing out on Clowney, period, and/or Griff for our D.
:ditto:

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I don't think Clowney comes back. He isn't worth
that amount of money.
Because of my hopes for the d line:

De-taylor and robinson
De-green, collier, Naz jones even though he was waived
Dt-reed, Ford,money, christmas, naz jones

3rd down de-griffin, Irvin rotate
3rd down dt-reed, naz jones, green or collier.

Having Clowney would be a waste of someone elses coming into the league. We dont need him. Or everson Griffin for that matter. I would like to see some of these players we drafted or took a chance on become something like clark or jacob Martin, who we should have kept.

How I think o line should pan out for what I have seen of our previous o line play:

Lt-brown, shell or jones
Lg- Haynes
C -Lewis, hunt or pocic
Rg-jones, Simmons
Rt-shell, Lewis or jones

I liked Haynes, jones and Simmons at either guard spots. They all played well. I think Lewis has the feet to play RT. It stuck out to me at the combine.
I know he has experience at guard and center though. Only way pocic makes the team is beating out someone at center. Otherwise bye. Finney may be there also, but I'm wondering why they resigned hunt? I thought he was ok at best. Often got pushed around to easy. If britt comes back-please put Lewis at rt. From what I saw last year...Haynes, jones and Simmons can hold their own.

Jville

Reaction score
bbsplitter":2qrtu5l5 said:
I know sometimes players can be fairly salty about being cut, but we have seen some players come back on cheaper deals. Not sure if he will have that much of a market either, with COVID slowing down the health checks and such. I would be down for having him back, even if just in the name of consistency along the O-line.

Certainly possible. Justin Britt must first complete his rehab in order to pass a contract mandated physical. John Schneider appears to appreciate flexibility in all it's many forms .......................
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1258105414379397122[/tweet]

Largent80

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":30exg2u5 said:
Our offensive line is going to suck this year.

I'm not seeing this. Finney is a proven center and Hunt is a capable backup that got valuable exp. Lewis is Fluker, but young, Brown is a rock at LT. Iupati?...I want competition to make this choice. RT?...How can we not improve after the Ifedi experiment. He couldn't get more than a vet minimum contract and was a first rounder. He stunk.

chrispy

Reaction score
... now that Hunt is out? Any recent rumors on visits or interest from other teams out there?

sutz

Reaction score
Britt is gone. Was a little surprised they let Hunt go, but I think we're good at interior line now.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm thinking a Mike Solari line is less than an ideal fit for Joey Hunt. Joey will now be at liberty to search for his best fit.

Justin still has to work his way back and chose a team.

I am also looking forward to seeing Solari's interior line rebuild. It's a very interesting group.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Everybody who is still harping on "this O-line stinks, PC/JS are doing nothing for it, all is lost, waaaa!" haven't been paying attention to Seahawks football over the last 9 years. Solari is doing a yeoman's job overhauling what that idiot rhymes-with-unable did to it. That jackwad started out with a serviceable line and slowly changed it into the vision of what he thought an O-line should be - slow, injury-prone, with no skills and no experience, and terrible coaching. He took it straight into the shitter, and anybody but overly-loyal PC would have fired his butt after that failed experiment was half over. Now that Solari is here and doing his thing, PC/JS are doing the same thing with the O-line that they did with the entire team for the first two years - extreme roster churn, total personnel turnover, trying one of everyone and seeing who sticks. I don't see how our O-line can be anything but WAY WAY better this year, if only by getting rid of the false-starting/holding/still can't be effective Ifiedi. With last year's somewhat-repaired O-line we had a top 10 offense, we should take a significant step up this year I think.

chris98251

Reaction score
GeekHawk":17bx1pzl said:
Everybody who is still harping on "this O-line stinks, PC/JS are doing nothing for it, all is lost, waaaa!" haven't been paying attention to Seahawks football over the last 9 years. Solari is doing a yeoman's job overhauling what that idiot rhymes-with-unable did to it. That jackwad started out with a serviceable line and slowly changed it into the vision of what he thought an O-line should be - slow, injury-prone, with no skills and no experience, and terrible coaching. He took it straight into the shitter, and anybody but overly-loyal PC would have fired his butt after that failed experiment was half over. Now that Solari is here and doing his thing, PC/JS are doing the same thing with the O-line that they did with the entire team for the first two years - extreme roster churn, total personnel turnover, trying one of everyone and seeing who sticks. I don't see how our O-line can be anything but WAY WAY better this year, if only by getting rid of the false-starting/holding/still can't be effective Ifiedi. With last year's somewhat-repaired O-line we had a top 10 offense, we should take a significant step up this year I think.

You look at who is gone, Britt, Hunt. Roos, all three were our Centers last year, Pocic it appears was a outside looking in guy at the position, although he played the position when we drafted him.

We all remember the failed experiments till Britt took over in trying to replace Unger and the amount of remotes broken and TV replacements due to rolling snaps and overhead snaps and missing assignments.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2gb30jun said:
I don't think Clowney comes back. He isn't worth
that amount of money.
Because of my hopes for the d line:

De-taylor and robinson
De-green, collier, Naz jones even though he was waived
Dt-reed, Ford,money, christmas, naz jones

3rd down de-griffin, Irvin rotate
3rd down dt-reed, naz jones, green or collier.

Having Clowney would be a waste of someone elses coming into the league. We dont need him. Or everson Griffin for that matter. I would like to see some of these players we drafted or took a chance on become something like clark or jacob Martin, who we should have kept.

How I think o line should pan out for what I have seen of our previous o line play:

Lt-brown, shell or jones
Lg- Haynes
C -Lewis, hunt or pocic
Rg-jones, Simmons
Rt-shell, Lewis or jones

I liked Haynes, jones and Simmons at either guard spots. They all played well. I think Lewis has the feet to play RT. It stuck out to me at the combine.
I know he has experience at guard and center though. Only way pocic makes the team is beating out someone at center. Otherwise bye. Finney may be there also, but I'm wondering why they resigned hunt? I thought he was ok at best. Often got pushed around to easy. If britt comes back-please put Lewis at rt. From what I saw last year...Haynes, jones and Simmons can hold their own.

I love Naz Jones. I wonder if his health has dropped off, or if he's lost interest in the game? He's an athletic beast, and next to Poona could really help that DLine.

AgentDib

Reaction score
chris98251":1ym3beuq said:
You look at who is gone, Britt, Hunt. Roos, all three were our Centers last year, Pocic it appears was a outside looking in guy at the position, although he played the position when we drafted him. We all remember the failed experiments till Britt took over in trying to replace Unger and the amount of remotes broken and TV replacements due to rolling snaps and overhead snaps and missing assignments.
The big difference between the Drew Nowak/Damien Lewis competition in 2015 and the Finney/Pocic competition this year is that Nowak and Lewis were undrafted raw prospects with minimal NFL experience.

In contrast, Finney was the 3rd ranked center of his draft class while Pocic was the 2nd ranked center the following year. Both of them have had lots of experience as backups since joining the league but haven't had much of a shot at center due to sitting behind established starters.

chris98251

Reaction score
AgentDib":2yoyacmf said:
chris98251":2yoyacmf said:
You look at who is gone, Britt, Hunt. Roos, all three were our Centers last year, Pocic it appears was a outside looking in guy at the position, although he played the position when we drafted him. We all remember the failed experiments till Britt took over in trying to replace Unger and the amount of remotes broken and TV replacements due to rolling snaps and overhead snaps and missing assignments.
The big difference between the Drew Nowak/Damien Lewis competition in 2015 and the Finney/Pocic competition this year is that Nowak and Lewis were undrafted raw prospects with minimal NFL experience.

In contrast, Finney was the 3rd ranked center of his draft class while Pocic was the 2nd ranked center the following year. Both of them have had lots of experience as backups since joining the league but haven't had much of a shot at center due to sitting behind established starters.

Doesn't matter at this point, it will be all new all over again, we will have a learning curve, less so with Pocic, but he sure should have added muscle to that frame or he is going to be a revolving door.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Largent80":1hliofn7 said:
Spin Doctor":1hliofn7 said:
Our offensive line is going to suck this year.

I'm not seeing this. Finney is a proven center and Hunt is a capable backup that got valuable exp. Lewis is Fluker, but young, Brown is a rock at LT. Iupati?...I want competition to make this choice. RT?...How can we not improve after the Ifedi experiment. He couldn't get more than a vet minimum contract and was a first rounder. He stunk.
So, let me ask you -- where have we improved? The line was already marginal at best last season. To suddenly think this unit is going to play better is just being blind to the facts.

First off, our LT is one of the oldest starting left tackles in the NFL. Right now he's at the stage where he could realistically start declining and slowing down. There is no heir apparent here. He's also liable to become more injury prone as the years saunter on. Brown is a wildcard, this could be the year he declines, or things could be business as usual. Iupati is washed up and injury prone, behind him are a bunch of nobodies. Our center position was drastically downgraded with BJ Finney and Pocic. Finney is a career backup that looked underwhelming when put into duty in Pittsburgh, and Pocic looked like hot garbage here. Both are clear downgrades from Britt who knows the system and was a capable center. There is going to be a learning curve for BJ Finney as well as a downgrade skill wise. Chance Warmack is similar to DJ Fluker, but unlike Fluker he doesn't know the system. Warmack also has a long history of being unable to stay healthy. Our RT, Shell is a lateral move from Ifedi. Both of them were bad last season, and both of them struggled with penalties, this guy less so than Ifedi.

Most of our lineman aren't starters on many teams. We've had lateral moves at two positions, but due to age, and injury considerations, and the subtraction of Britt this unit is not likely to be very good. If you think the offensive line is going to be anything than a liability this year you'd be fooling yourself.