Seahawks Rookie Breaks Foot

AgentDib

Reaction score
That's a shame and basically delays his NFL career by a year. Even if he is healthy mid-season he'll have missed everything up to that point and be of limited usefulness. In this sort of situation I'd like to see them err on the side of caution and not try to rush him back too quickly.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wow, the team seems to not be able to catch a break with their young TEs.

It may take Parkinson a year normally to get it as a Pro TE anyway however.

TAB420

Reaction score
He had surgery on the 2nd and it's a 6-8 week recovery. He should be fine and we're stacked at TE.

knownone

Reaction score
This could be a blessing in disguise. We have a lot of veteran TE depth on short term deals. Putting Parkinson on IR would free up the space for one of the young guys behind Dissly, Olsen, and Hollister.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
knownone":29tflkdy said:
This could be a blessing in disguise. We have a lot of veteran TE depth on short term deals. Putting Parkinson on IR would free up the space for one of the young guys behind Dissly, Olsen, and Hollister.

ISn't he one of the young guys?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1uzwsnh9 said:
knownone":1uzwsnh9 said:

4th rounder this year.

Rat

Reaction score
knownone":2le0la36 said:
But he's the best/most promising of the young guys. I don't know that any of those others are even worth rostering a fourth TE.

knownone

Reaction score
Rat":34mbhg1x said:
knownone":34mbhg1x said:
But he's the best/most promising of the young guys. I don't know that any of those others are even worth rostering a fourth TE.
We don't actually know if any of that is true. We just know the team placed a higher value on Parkinson than on the other guys.

My point was that Olsen and Hollister may not be on the roster next year. So one of the young guys going on IR likely increases the odds of keeping more than one of them long term.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we will see how this progresses, does create a door to be opened for the LSU kid that is going to convert to TE but listed as a WR last time I checked and Josh Gordon.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2xmy25kn said:
knownone":2xmy25kn said:

Yeah that seemed like an odd post to me too.. He IS one of the young guys you speak of.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It is the same injury the 49er suffered both will be fine.
I'm just worried that there will even be a season.

xray

Reaction score
Seems like every year something like this . can't even get out of the starting blocks.

xray

Reaction score
Seems like every year something like this . can't even get out of the starting blocks.

olyfan63

Reaction score
xray":3hu1tj4r said:
Good news is that it's a position we're unusually deep at this year. Might actually help him stick on the roster.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seattle is in good to very good shape at the position. They can easily absorb the loss.

Also, he's a 4th round pick. And even if he is as good as Dissly was as a 4th rounder (very doubtful), Dissly entered a group with very little depth above him. Basically elevated to #1 TE out of camp. Parkinson would be at best #3.

In a year where there are no OTAs, and probably truncated TC, and limited preseason games ... rookies are going to have an exceptionally tough time becoming competent players this year.