Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks OL Chance Warmack To Opt Out

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Seahawks OL Chance Warmack To Opt Out
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:30 pm

• When it rains it pours
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• I suspect this guy just doesn't want to play football.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

• His contract tolls to next season and we will see then if he still really wants to play football.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Smart on his part for sure.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• TreeRon wrote:I suspect this guy just doesn't want to play football.

What a thing to say.

You should keep your thoughts in your mind.
    poly1274
    NET Veteran

• I cannot hold this decision against him. I'd almost certainly do the same if I had a family member die from the scourge.

Man just watched the whole Miami Marlins get it from a non-contact sport. No reason to risk it.
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Assumptions sure came out early. Good on him for doing the right thing and being there for his family.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• I suspect this will become a trend until this virus thing heads seriously down instead of what it's doing now.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• If you think about pre-existing conditions / co-morbidities (like obesity), a lot of linemen probably have them despite being pro athletes. A 300+ Pound man with Covid-related pneumonia is probably a pretty high risk. Don’t blame him at all, I would do the same thing.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• He would’ve likely been cut so he settled for a $150 stipend for a year. He hasn’t played for a while
    Johnny Dimes
    NET Bench Warmer

• There probably won't be a season anyway
    xray
    NET Veteran

• poly1274 wrote:
    TreeRon wrote:I suspect this guy just doesn't want to play football.

What a thing to say.

You should keep your thoughts in your mind.

A speculative post. A very common reaction many of us engage in before actual information
    is posted as to why.

Suspect: To consider (something) to be true or probable on little or no evidence.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I work everyday for much less. This whole hiding from the virus isnt going to help.
    You can get it at the grocery store.... to each his own I guess. If I had the opportunity to make generational wealth-I would maximize that opportunity.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• With the number of positive tests showing up at camps around the league Warmack will just be tip of the iceberg. In fact there have now already been a boatload of players opt out from many of the teams. If it keeps up the way it's going we might have to go through 'replacement football' again if we're determined to see a game.
    Remember replacement football? I actually think that stretch of games was not only fun but instrumental in getting the Seahawks org off and running toward the success they have become.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• It's all about looking for that silver lining during this new era...............

The streets are no longer congested.

The air smells fresh again.

With the Britt Festivals canceled and outdoor bands at the beer gardens and vine tasting venues quieted, the neighborhood has a wonderful peace and calmness to it.

A lot of my neighbors, who had gone missing, are out walking and socializing and helping one another.

Since the outbreak ....... I'm whittled down my to do list .............. I've taken down a double trunk 110 foot Sequoya, re-roofed the house, replace gutters and ground drainage, replaced the attached backyard deck and it's roof and am now refurbishing and staining the attached front deck. I'm busy and happily working thru it.

Life is good. :2thumbs: I've no complaints.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Re: Seahawks OL Chance Warmack To Opt Out
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:42 pm
  • So he... doesn't want to take a chance.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• NFL is saying some players opting out and getting a check if they don't think they would make the team, other players using it as a negotiating ploy by agents.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Then there's a slap of reality right in the damned face.....Even with a bunch of money on the line...Want to live long enough to see your children grow?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• A-Dog wrote:If you think about pre-existing conditions / co-morbidities (like obesity), a lot of linemen probably have them despite being pro athletes. A 300+ Pound man with Covid-related pneumonia is probably a pretty high risk. Don’t blame him at all, I would do the same thing.

Weight/ obesity isn't really the risk factor, it's a marker for the real risk factor of being out-of-shape and deconditioned. A better marker for this risk factor would be something like the ability to walk a 17 minute mile.

The typical 300 pound NFL lineman, who can run a sub-10-minute mile, isn't at high risk of morbidity and mortality from Covid. These guys can tolerate the hypoxia and the high demand on the heart brought about by a severe case of Covid.

The folks we are seeing being admitted for Covid are the people who get out of breath walking from the recliner to the refrigerator for their next snack, due to their obesity, and/or their underlying heart and lung disease.

A starting NFL lineman has less than a 0.1% chance of dying of Covid if they catch it. Probably on par with their risk of dying from flu, should they catch it. Of course Covid is more infectious, so they are a bit more likely to catch it in the first place.

The people at risk are the coaches. Lot's of truly, morbidly obese men who probably couldn't manage a 15 minute mile. There is also the risk of taking it home to extended family. The wives and children of the players are almost all at low risk, but their parents, etc, are likely at high risk.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information