History of players signing for less late and when

gowazzu02

Reaction score
So im thinking back, when have we ever seen a Clowney situation, where a star hits FA. doesn't get what he expects so eventually signs a smaller/shorter deal. When does that usually happen, camp just started. Wait until the season starts? Sit out the entire year?

I can't remember someone actually sitting out the whole year (besides Bell but that was a franchise tag hold out not a FA)

I mean he has to sign somewhere eventually right?

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's hoping an injury makes a team desperate enough to give him top dollar.

But...

He might end up signing late September for 10 million or less.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This season is already an anomaly with COVID. Clowney probably figures that he would get his $100m+ contract next off-season if he is completely healthy then and can take physicals with team doctors. $10m this season is nothing to sneeze at, but he may figure it isn't worth taking the risk of getting hurt and jeopardizing a much larger deal.

I still think there's a decent chance he signs a long-term deal here. A slightly cheaper long-term deal now could be better for him than sitting out the season, or playing on a single year deal for cheaper where he's risking the long-term deal.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think long term was out the window before Adams came on board but still think there's a chance they can make it hapoen for this year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We gotta do SOMETHING. Clowney's mere presence on the field is a game changer, even if he doesn't get the sack. I wonder how many sacks Greene would have got had it not been for the attention focused on Clowney? It isn't just SF and the rest of our division we have to worry about. On paper Dallas has assembled a top shelf challenging roster, and Philly has also improved.

Latest posts