anyone know a cheap place to buy seahawks photos?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I want to get some photos for my man-cave that are around 16x20, but the ones on the seahawks site are 50 bucks just for one print that size with no frame, seems pretty freaking steep. I found some good images on the internet but obviously nobody will print them for me anywhere because they are copyrighted.

There are some on ebay for around 20 dollars but the selection is kinda junk.

Just curious if anyone here knew of any sites for this sort of thing. Thanks!

-k

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":1ld3luyr said:
Just find one you like and have Costco or Walgreens print it

The problem here is that they are copyrighted so most places won't print them unless you have a copyright release form. I've already tried at a few places, even went to walmart thinking what do they care? But they apparently care.

Sucks too because I found some awesome images using google's >4MP image search.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
yeah it's a bummer. I can go get a 10 dollar print if they would allow it. Or I can pay 50 dollars plus shipping for a 'legit' picture from the nfl site...rip off. As if the NFL really needs the extra revenue. Even if they charged 25 that would seem like a fair price and they'd be making money.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawknballs, what you're looking for are called stock photography sites. It's where news outlets and such get those ambiguous images you see in every newscast.

http://tomuse.com/stock-photo-sites-buy-sell-images/

Getty Images is Seattle-based, so if you find some good ones on there to buy, buy from them since you're supporting locals. Plenty of stock photography sites don't seem to have sports images, though; likely due to NFL licensing rules...

You could go to http://images.google.com and do a search for "Seahawks", or something similar; then click the Search Tools button on top, and click Any Size, then go to Larger Than and select 2 megapixels or 4 megapixels; that way, you only are looking at really large photos suitable for printing.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
yeah I use stock photography sites all the time at work but I didn't think to use them because I didn't think they would hold any rights to NFL photos, but I will check Getty. I'm not sure where the NFL draws the line there.

But now that you've mentioned it, I'm checking getty and i see some seahawks photos.. going to look into the rights, maybe they are cheaper.

Thanks!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You don't need redistribution rights, so the prices shouldn't be too high. If you find any sweet ones, link 'em here.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Looks like getty is a no-go, they only license to businesses for commercial and editorial use, and even then there is a process to get NFL approval.

sheeeeesh.

Claden

Reaction score
Have you tried replayphotos.com? I got two prints from them before and I just got a coupon code in my email for 22% off if you want to use it.

Latest posts