seahawks awarded two 7th round picks

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/03/compensa.pdf[/urltargetblank]

Link above has all the relevant information.

Lost: Atari Bigby, John Carlson, David Hawthorne, Charlie Whitehurst
Signed: Matt Flynn, Jason Jones

Why do I feel like we were already ahead of the game just by "losing" Whitehurst? :)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Of course, why wouldn't San Fran get 3 more picks? What's that now, 25 total for them?

Erebus

Reaction score
I really don't understand the method to awarding comp picks. Our net loss (two) was the same as SF, and the players we lost played bigger roles than the ones they lost. Why do they get 3 picks?

McGruff

Reaction score
Erebus":1of7q5rw said:
I really don't understand the method to awarding comp picks. Our net loss (two) was the same as SF, and the players we lost played bigger roles than the ones they lost. Why do they get 3 picks?

It is mostly based on the size of th contracts.

ivotuk

Reaction score
If it's based on the size of the contracts, considering the larceny that John Schneider just committed, we're liable to get a 4th next year *snicker*. :)

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
I would love it if we were able to use one of these untradeable 7th round comp picks on Marcus Lattimore in a draft-and-stash move.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3d72ub77 said:
Of course, why wouldn't San Fran get 3 more picks? What's that now, 25 total for them?

No kidding and look at that list a bunch of no-bodies they lost and they get 3 picks for the 3 guys they lost.

Unbeleiveable.

nfcwizard

Reaction score
Leroy used to jack people up all the time, when he was 26 he could have been a part of the LOB.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Erebus":116cu288 said:

It's based on salary/playing time/honors achieved with that team. As someone said, mostly salary.

Losing goldson factored into a pretty heavy 'loss' for them considering his playing time, salary, and having been a pro-bowl selection previously.

the 49ers also lost Sopoaga and Delanie Walker; in comparison the Seahawks only lost Leon Washington and Jason Jones; Obviously Jason Jones had little play time and no honors with the Hawks; Leon was obviously a pro-bowl pick but his salary was low and he's a special teams player.

the 49ers have only added Glen Dorsey and some backup LB so what they've gotten in return for all the players they've lost is far less valuable than the adds of Avril and Bennett.

Long story short, 49ers have lost more and gained little, hawks lost little and gained more.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawknballs":okaxwga2 said:
Erebus":okaxwga2 said:

It's based on salary/playing time/honors achieved with that team. As someone said, mostly salary.

Losing goldson factored into a pretty heavy 'loss' for them considering his playing time, salary, and having been a pro-bowl selection previously.

the 49ers also lost Sopoaga and Delanie Walker; in comparison the Seahawks only lost Leon Washington and Jason Jones; Obviously Jason Jones had little play time and no honors with the Hawks; Leon was obviously a pro-bowl pick but his salary was low and he's a special teams player.

the 49ers have only added Glen Dorsey and some backup LB so what they've gotten in return for all the players they've lost is far less valuable than the adds of Avril and Bennett.

Long story short, 49ers have lost more and gained little, hawks lost little and gained more.

This uear's comp picks are based on last years free agents, not this years.

The Niners are probably going to make an even bigger killing next year.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
yeah I was just thinking about that. . . based on our minimal losses/big pickups, It wasn't adding up since we probably wont be getting any extra picks.

Latest posts