1st round picks

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone knows what's going to happen next draft, that's the exciting part for me. Will they pick defense with the first 4 picks? Will they surprise with a QB pick? Will they trade down multiple times? I personally can't wait!

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
But not outspend him. 😆
The Seahawks will offer fair market value for guys, and Poles will outbid and overpay the guy. We have already seen that in 2022, and he will have a pile of cash to blow in 2023. That is what worries me. Seahawks will come out with more "bang for the buck" in their FA investments. I can see it coming a mile away.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone knows what's going to happen next draft, that's the exciting part for me. Will they pick defense with the first 4 picks? Will they surprise with a QB pick? Will they trade down multiple times? I personally can't wait!
Aa a huge fan of both the Seahawks and Bears, I have DOUBLE anticipation. Actually, I want it to be over already. One way or the other, though, I think both teams will come out this draft very well.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think we lose out and improve that 2nd pick to a top 10

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
As of January 1st, they hold the #3 and #19 picks in the first round.

vonstout

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn’t have minded them losing out. They’ve played a soft schedule all year and lost to every team in the NFC South and they are all at or below .500. It will suck if we win next week and GB does too.

Jville

Reaction score
Well, there is also the quiet unspoken view that the team now has a surplus of draft capital. Consideration for parleying some 2023 draft capital into future draft capital might very well come into play.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Well, there is also the quiet unspoken view that the team now has a surplus of draft capital. Consideration for parleying some 2023 draft capital into future draft capital might very well come into play.
I wouldn't mind if they traded down from 3 or 4 to around 7-11 for a 2nd & 3rd. But only if they can identify a DT who ranks close to Carter and I would want a 2024 2nd round pick. That would give us 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. Must say, kind of shell shocked after all the previous nonsensical & unfruitful trade downs (not to mention pissing away draft picks on overrated high $ FA's). I'm not yet sold on Carter being the next Cortez Kennedy & for sure not solid with the QB's.
They should try to stockpile picks for 24', give Geno and/or Lock one more year and then target a QB in 2024 & have the draft capital to get him, Although if he's #1 we are likely SOL.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I wouldn't agree with that with the number of needs we have and having only 33 players on the 2023 roster I don't think it is possible to have too much draft capital. I also think that while high draft picks are the most likely to be a studs in our situation I think we are best off getting lots of "lottery tickets" to try and get our holes filled with decent starts one or two of which might emerge into stars (Tariq is gheading that way for the cost of virtually no draft capital)

If we have the #3 pick I would trade it down a couple of times to something like 12 and get a couple of extra 2nd round picks. 12 plus our own 1t round pick along with 4 second round picks who should all be decent starters on fairly low salaries enabling us to sign Geno on a 4 or 5 year contract set up so it he can be dropped in a couple of years if he declines. I would be targetting 2024, as then we would have a heap of talented 2nd and 3rd year players experienced in the NFL but not weighing us down with their cap space and hungrey to excel so they can get that big money deal when the rookie contract expires (either with us or someone else)

Kinger95

Reaction score
Would love to see us pull a trade like what the packers did with the saints in 2019.

If we could somehow trade our pick in the 14-16 range for a pick in the 25-32 range, plus one around 150 and a 2024 1st like what they did that’s ideal in my opinion.

I’d take Carter or Anderson if the front office thinks they’re that much better than the next tier. Definitely don’t think taking a qb is the way to go considering we have a terrible defence and could literally use 2 linebackers, a pass rusher , DL, and a safety and they wouldn’t have much standing in there way to become starters. If we don’t use 3 of our first 4 picks on defence I’ll be a bit disappointed