Marshawn Lynch fumbles 2012-13

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch has nine fumbles since the start of the 2012 season.

When does this become an issue?

Gap Filler

Reaction score
To me, I understand it. He runs so hard and fights for everything. The one in the red zone today was bad because he was barely touched but thats rare for him. Maybe its just me but I understand most of his fumbles because they come in traffic, and he makes up for it with his beast mode running style. You just have to take the good with the bad I guess. If you ask him to cover up the ball with both hands and run to not possibly fumble you kinda take away his overall ability. He doesn't make those sick moves people may not remember yesterday..... like when he hurdled Pollard or tip toe'd the sideline for a 1st if all you care about is ball security.

Now Sydney Rice's fumble on the other hand was just careless. The careless one's really bother me. Or even the one by Coleman, that fumble by Coleman was terrible. Luckily he was close to the sideline.

Erebus

Reaction score
Not that there's ever a good time for a fumble, but it seems most of Beast Mode's fumbles come at terrible times.

TwilightError

Reaction score
He does fumble a lot. But its hard to blame him for anything cause he just carries the whole offense. He and Wilsons running were the only offensive weapons that had any success. Our passing game is not even worth mentioning. They know Lynch is coming but still cant stop him.. If we pick up one thing from his game and its the fumbling, its just looking for negatives from the biggest positive in the offense.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Nine fumbles in a season + six games isn't just looking for negatives IMO.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It's a problem. Out of all the fumbles yesterday, it is the only one that is tied to any pattern. The end of last year and the playoffs were really bad, and I was convinced from some of his body language he had an arm injury. He isn't losing them in those big scrums for the most part, they are first contact fumbles when guys get a hat on the ball.

This might be a good with the bad thing. If we want Lynch playing every run like it will be his last, there will be some collateral.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2peh6y7f said:
He should be more careful. Like Shaun Alexander.
nice-ones.pdf
Excellent response.

I say it becomes an issue when it isn't worth his running anymore.

Put it on a graph, how bad are the fumbles between 1-10, how beneficial is his running?
I'd say were looking at a 3,10

In other words, if ur girlfriend was a 3 crazy and 10 sex, is her crazy an issue?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":2r4x6o28 said:
bestfightstory":2r4x6o28 said:
nice-ones.pdf
Excellent response.

Put it on a graph, how bad are the fumbles between 1-10, how beneficial is his running?

In other words, if ur girlfriend was a 3 crazy and 10 sex, is her crazy an issue?

I like that so much I am going to pretend I thought it up.

Cartire

Reaction score
Beastmode's carries to fumble ratio is average in the league. No, it's not a problem. It's part of the position.

You want to worry/complain about something/someone? How about Wilson's 5 fumbles this season alone.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Cartire":1anfv9np said:
Beastmode's carries to fumble ratio is average in the league. No, it's not a problem. It's part of the position.

You want to worry/complain about something/someone? How about Wilson's 5 fumbles this season alone.

No criticism of Wilson allowed on this board. It Bevell and Carpenter and S Rice's fault.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Fumbling is not accetable. We could say it's a product of his running style... and there might be something to that.

We can also safely say that Shaun A. and Beast have two running styles at opposite ends of the spectrum... Alexander averaged .25 fumbles per game (1/70.5 attempts) and Beast is averaging .22 per game (1/74.7 attempts).

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Alexander ran behind a better o-line and never took a hit though.

:stirthepot:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Cartire":j4mbngw1 said:

Do you have proff of this?

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2e55jmf4 said:
Alexander ran behind a better o-line and never took a hit though.

:stirthepot:

Exactly... and I don't remember a lot of grumbling about SA contracting fumbleitis... but then I don't remember much beyond yesterday.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Might have something to do with QB's getting hit from behind. Or looking to throw. Just a thought.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":z2upkmg9 said:
bestfightstory":z2upkmg9 said:
nice-ones.pdf
Excellent response.

Depends, do she have "secret" information about the new jersey?

Latest posts