Percy Harvin had another MRI

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
And it came back clear, according to Pete Carroll today.

But I guess this goes to show that they are playing this very cautiously after his hip flared up last week. I wonder if it just put some doubt in their minds about getting him back out there quickly. After all, they want him healthy for the long haul.

Just my guess... but I reckon we won't see Percy for a few weeks yet.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":t7f2kgo8 said:

But I guess this goes to show that they are playing this very cautiously after his hip flared up last week. I wonder if it just put some doubt in their minds about getting him back out there quickly. After all, they want him healthy for the long haul.

I agree, but I'm thinking that they may have had a MRI done regardless of the flare up,...just to see how the hip was doing before activating him,...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
yikes...glad it came back ok. Yea, I would imagine he will be out for a while still.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hamhawk":267u5ojs said:
but I'm thinking that they may have had a MRI done regardless of the flare up,...just to see how the hip was doing before activating him,...

I hope you're right, and the MRI wasn't because Harvin's having issues.

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
This is like a flashcack of 2011 where Baldwin and Tate are leading the receiving core. I'm glad we drafted them

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Hamhawk":fy5i0chy said:
theENGLISHseahawk":fy5i0chy said:

I agree, but I'm thinking that they may have had a MRI done regardless of the flare up,...just to see how the hip was doing before activating him,...

Agree with ya HAM. Their working that socket and see'n if its enduring the stress. I think the MRI will be pretty common thru the rest of season.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
While nobody likes to hear "MRI," it is a rather normal process in recovery for this "deep" of an injury. If it was possible to get an X-ray to diagnose recovery, that would be the case instead. MRI simply allows for a more in depth view of what's going on in his hip.

He's already way ahead of what was the original schedule. So, as frustrating as it is to not see our new toy, I'm all about a conservative approach to his recovery. It only makes sense with this type of investment and our current position in the standings.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'd hope he would be having an MRI or two along the way after getting out onto the practice field again to see how everything is holding up, that seems like what you'd normally do doesn't it?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36izfj0x said:
Hamhawk":36izfj0x said:
but I'm thinking that they may have had a MRI done regardless of the flare up,...just to see how the hip was doing before activating him,...

I hope you're right, and the MRI wasn't because Harvin's having issues.

Well his hip was sore after working on it full speed, so this was most likely precautionary, to see if his hip was holding up. If it came back clear, it means he's just sore and not reinjuring it, which is good. If he practices full speed again this week, we might see him Atlanta game, or Minny after that.

He's going to want to play Minny, I'm sure of it.

kmedic

Reaction score
Did you hear Pete say that they would just inactivate him once he joins the roster if he was still recovering from his injury? That tells me that Harvin is not close to being ready to play. My guess is that his first game will be against NO after the bye and it will be for only 10-15 snaps. It's not that Pete is being 'cautious', Harvin's hip is simply not ready for football right now.

A

Anonymous

Well, Peyton Manning took a whole year off (and then some) for his neck, now look at how he's doing.

It's like having a Christmas present sitting there, all wrapped-up pretty, and we can't open it until it's "time". Sucks, but it will be worth the wait to see him perform at his usual level, which is freakin awesome.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Crap the guy had surgery on his hip ffs. He's going to be sore when he goes full speed. I would imagine the MRI is standard practice with something like this. Put some miles on it and see how the tread is holding up.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kmedic":1er0bomm said:
Did you hear Pete say that they would just inactivate him once he joins the roster if he was still recovering from his injury? That tells me that Harvin is not close to being ready to play. My guess is that his first game will be against NO after the bye and it will be for only 10-15 snaps. It's not that Pete is being 'cautious', Harvin's hip is simply not ready for football right now.

Here is the actual quote. It just tells me they remain cautious as they have the entire time:

"If he was on our team and was banged up, we certainly wouldn’t mind keeping him as one of the inactives. If that’s what it winds up a few weeks from now that’s what it is. We’re hoping to get him back. He was fine a week ago and was ready to go it was just the wear and tear of the comeback just got to him a little bit so we just needed to slow him down."

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
He was sore the other day. They wanted to see if he was sore from practicing or sore because he had rehurt his hip.

Glad it was the former.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I understand the need for continuity and working out kinks 'in game', but I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't be the worst thing to try to get through the next three games unscathed, take our bye week, and spring Harvin on NO and then SF with them having little to no game tape to prepare from.

With Rice out, though, not sure if we have that luxury. Might see how Kearse responds this week.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
kmedic":862po122 said:
This makes sense. We all wanted sooner, but to play it safe I think this is everyone's best bet.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Bottom line....there are some players who can "play through" joint pain and discomfort....others cannot. How do you think Russell Wilson is feeling after taken seven sacks last Monday? I would imagine that a majority of NFL players who play every week probably have some joint discomfort somewhere in their body. If you were to ask Les and myself, we would tell you that we have serious joint pain at times....and we ain't playing football being slammed into the ground every Sunday!! As I heard a radio sports commentator say today, "There isn't any guarantee that Percy Harvin can stay healthy the rest of the year". We'll find out if John Schneider spent millions for "fragile goods".

HawkWow

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":1b2bxf4l said:
While nobody likes to hear "MRI," it is a rather normal process in recovery for this "deep" of an injury. If it was possible to get an X-ray to diagnose recovery, that would be the case instead. MRI simply allows for a more in depth view of what's going on in his hip.

He's already way ahead of what was the original schedule. So, as frustrating as it is to not see our new toy, I'm all about a conservative approach to his recovery. It only makes sense with this type of investment and our current position in the standings.

X-rays for bone..MRI for soft tissue.

He's likely had several MRIs by now. The benefits two fold: 1) They can see the site of the surgery and monitor the healing 2) Unlike with a migraine, they can determine, to a degree, whether he's actually in pain or not. So expect to earn your money soon, Mr. Harvin. ; )

drdiags

Reaction score
I would not count on him being a major impact this year. Seems Harvin pushed to get back once he was eligible but the original prognosis most likely will hold true.

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't care if his hip hurts. Get him out there by week 10, 11 or 12. 13 at the latest. If he reinjures it, big deal. He will be ready for next season. We're not going anywhere without him with Sidney out. Russ is getting killed. No respect for our WR's by other teams.

Latest posts