Russell Wilson: Reformed Saints Fan

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Obviously not every player that plays for the Seahawks was a Seahawks fan before joining the team. And we know Wilson is a huge fan of Brees. Cool to hear how Wilson handles the issue the way it should be handled: "Yeah I liked another team then, but now I'm all about the Seahawks."

Not an "important" story by any means, but just another excuse to see how awesome our QB is. He handles everything with class.

“I used to wear a Saints hat at the University of Wisconsin all the time,” Wilson told reporters on Wednesday. “I’m a huge fan. I watch them [still]. I don’t wear it anymore.”

I liked the Saints for a pretty good time now. But obviously I am in love with the Seahawks now and playing here is a special place to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/27/russell-wilson-reformed-saints-fan/

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CANHawk":byzqshyw said:
Wait... I thought it was totally cool for NFL quarterbacks to wear hats of other NFL teams.

And basically call their fans idiots when they are unhappy about it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CANHawk":1dtq5kez said:
Wait... I thought it was totally cool for NFL quarterbacks to wear hats of other NFL teams.

Only if worn to match his kicks

CANHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":23zpjvss said:
CANHawk":23zpjvss said:

I don't know what's worse, being an NFL quarterback who wears the hat of a different team... or owning a pair of shoes that are SO ugly that only a Miami Dolphins colors will match them.

Axx

Reaction score
but wilson drew the "Seahawks" card out of the hat. It was destiny.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2ms13edi said:
CANHawk":2ms13edi said:

I thought you had to coordinate the hat with the color of the undies riding riding high?

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm glad as hell RW is a Brees fan. I fully anticipate RW incorporating Brees' game into his own and becoming even more complete, even less stoppable. I also anticipate RW taking the 2 spot from Brees in MVP balloting over the next 3 weeks. Don't be surprised if Brees is inactive following that heinous stretch.

But I'm here not to gloat, but to help:

Few coaches think outside the box more than Payton. Get outside the box with this Sean:

1) Odds are not in your favor, you will not win in Seattle.
2) Your QB will get dinged...a lot
3) 90%+ of the teams that play us lose again the following week
4) Do you want 2 losses or 1 over the next 2 weeks?
5) Run the ball, with or without success...just get out of Seattle with a healthy Drew Brees to face divisional rival Carolina (then those QB killin' Rams, the week after).

The above may sound like white flag waving but sometimes common sense should supplant bravado, IMO.