Report: Harvin had Cortisone shot in hip over weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Largent80

Reaction score
When I had cortisone injections in my elbows for tendinitis, the last thing I would think about doing is any sports, or weight training. If it is requiring cortisone, it generally is not a good sign based on my experience.

Everyone is different however, and he may respond better.

TJH

Reaction score
INB4 he gets shut down for the seasoon.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Largent80":17bf45hu said:
When I had cortisone injections in my elbows for tendinitis, the last thing I would think about doing is any sports, or weight training. If it is requiring cortisone, it generally is not a good sign based on my experience.

A Cortisone shot is commonly used to help athletes play through pain in most professional leagues.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Interesting. In case you are unaware, plenty of athletes have taken cortisone shots so that they COULD play in the game.

Considering that there is no structural damage to his hip, and its just soreness with maybe a little inflamation.....

Cartire

Reaction score
Cortisone is a anti-inflammatory that is often give to players at halftime that have issues. It relieves pressure pains in muscles and joints. Him getting one of these shots over the weekend adds nothing more to the already known story line. Can we please stop having a thread for every minute of Harvins day.

OP
OP
beasthawk

beasthawk

Reaction score
I had a cortisone shot when I played football, given it was to my ankle, I did play but I'm not sure how bad his hip really really is.

hawker84

Reaction score
you get a cortisone shots to play, not to be put on IR... As stated before as long as the stucture is not damaged or in jeapordy of being damaged i could see him taking this to play.

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is the thing. Everyone knows you get those shots to play through pain, but in doing so you are risking a far worse injury because you feel no pain. As a drummer in a rock band having tendinitis the shots allowed me to get through a few gigs but they NEVER cured the problem, but just masked it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Largent80":2wn2sj03 said:

Yes it's very different Rob. Harvin is actually athletic.

OP
OP
beasthawk

beasthawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1zeol429 said:
Cortisone is a anti-inflammatory that is often give to players at halftime that have issues. It relieves pressure pains in muscles and joints. Him getting one of these shots over the weekend adds nothing more to the already known story line. Can we please stop having a thread for every minute of Harvins day.

What? You don't like it?

misfit

Reaction score
It seems the only reason they would be giving him a cortizone shot is if they were trying to get him ready to go tonight...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Cartire":2qc191rz said:

What does it matter to you?

This is news. There is no reason for you to be the thought police around here. Knock it off please.

Thought police people like you are what is ruining any sense of community this place has.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm going to restrain myself from speculating because I've never had a cortisone shot and I'm not the team doctor, or Harvin's doctor for that matter.

Cartire

Reaction score
Largent80":1u3ashkx said:
Here is the thing. Everyone knows you get those shots to play through pain, but in doing so you are risking a far worse injury because you feel no pain. As a drummer in a rock band having tendinitis the shots allowed me to get through a few gigs but they NEVER cured the problem, but just masked it.

Half truth. It's a steroidal shot. By decreasing inflammation, on top of decreasing the pain, it allows for better blood and lymphatic flow. This in turn increases the rate of healing. It's not used for healing, but it does promote it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ceaz9kg said:
Largent80":1ceaz9kg said:

Yes it's very different Rob. Harvin is actually athletic.

Maybe I got it from the endless repetition of 16 ounce pints of Mac & Jacks?

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'm not worried about it. Chances were at the beginning of the season that we wouldn't see Harvin AT ALL this year, so if he needs a little extra rest to get back to 100; no worries. We don't need him tonight. We'll be fine without him.

Rest up big man!

Cartire

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":30agckpz said:
Cartire":30agckpz said:

What does it matter to you?

This is news. There is no reason for you to be the thought police around here. Knock it off please.

Thought police people like you are what is ruining any sense of community this place has.

BREAKING NEWS: PERCY FARTED. Should we trade him?

Yea, I'm the one ruining the community. :roll:

Overreaction and misinterpreted information is what is ruining this community. Don't make me your scapegoat.

hawker84

Reaction score
beasthawk":3k0o0ivj said:
Cartire":3k0o0ivj said:

What? You don't like it?

Edited by radish.

knownone

Reaction score
Largent80":37eh080z said:
Cortisone only reduces inflammation, it's not anesthetic, he can still feel pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.