Once The 12's Get Going...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You just get the feeling that the game will be over. To me, this is about momentum. If the Saints score first and keep the 12's restless, it could be a tough day. If we get an early 3-and-out, or even better, a pick, fumble, a defensive or offensive TD early or anything generating a frenzy...To me, that just means the level of ridiculousness from the 12's is going to be sustained and the game is already over.

Sorry, nothing scientific, just that warm fuzzy feeling I'm getting thinking about it here on a rainy, cold, grey day just over 24 hours before kick off.

sutz

Reaction score
They have installed seismographs in the stadium and surrounding area. The scientists agree with you. :)

JonRud

Reaction score
Have to admit I am getting more confident every day this week. I was very nervous on Monday but now I'm thinking it's not unrealistic the Hawks blow them out again.

Hawks are more physical, at home, 12th Man, well rested, add Harvin, Saints down men on defense since we last played, etc....

The Hawks may just come out completely crazy in this game [like last time] and put the Saints away early.

Relentless!!!!

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I agree, if our defense sets the tone early with 3 and outs and/or a turnover, I have a hard time seeing this will be close.

Deferring the possession to the second half would really help us. Gets the defense out to set the tone early and to keep the ball away from them at the start of 2nd half.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
We need to avoid another slow start on offense. It's plagued the team all year. In 16 opening drives for Seattle, they've ended with 9 punts (one blocked), 1 interception, 5 field goals, and 1 TD. Only three times have they had an opening drive last longer than 5 plays. Here's the breakdown.

Week 1: 3 plays, 1 net yard, punt
Week 2: 3 plays, 4 net yards, blocked punt
Week 3: 3 plays, 6 net yards, punt
Week 4: 4 plays, 40 net yards, field goal
Week 5: 5 plays, 28 net yards, field goal
Week 6: 4 plays, 19 net yards, punt
Week 7: 5 plays, 83 net yards, touchdown
Week 8: 4 plays, 2 net yards, punt
Week 9: 11 plays, 59 net yards, interception
Week 10: 11 plays, 48 net yards, field goal
Week 11: 5 plays, 1 net yard, field goal
Week 13: 11 plays, 61 net yards, field goal
Week 14: 4 plays, 12 net yards, punt
Week 15: 5 plays, 35 net yards, punt
Week 16: 4 plays, 21 net yards, punt
Week 17: 3 plays, 5 net yards, punt

652cHAWK

Reaction score
That momentum shift, you know it when it happens, especially at the Clink. The D usually sets the tone. Would love to see Russ and co. reciprocate that tone early, this time around.

hoxrox

Reaction score
They will probably try to take the crowd out of the game early.

I see some trick plays, going for it on 4th, or a big play attempt to someone we might not expect like Kenny Stills. Would not be surprised if they try to pull out all the stops.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
hoxrox":2zwtyz1l said:
They will probably try to take the crowd out of the game early.

I see some trick plays, going for it on 4th, or a big play attempt to someone we might not expect like Kenny Stills. Would not be surprised if they try to pull out all the stops.

"House money"

I say bring it on.

JonRud

Reaction score
We should bring out Hasselbeck and the 2005 offense for the first drive.

Riley12

Reaction score
I agree with the nonscientific analysis - a touchdown (not settling for a field goal), a defensive score, an opposing false start or two - something big
is always needed to 'prime the pump', even for playoff games, and get the 12 machine rolling.

In the case of the crowd - a little will be rewarded a 100 times over. We diehards, who scream nonstop for every defensive stand, will be joined
in our chorus by even the casual fans once they feel the players and/or the game has 'earned' their participation.

Once it is rolling, it is nigh unstoppable.

SaintsGuy

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2qzl74fm said:
We need to avoid another slow start on offense. It's plagued the team all year. In 16 opening drives for Seattle, they've ended with 9 punts (one blocked), 1 interception, 5 field goals, and 1 TD. Only three times have they had an opening drive last longer than 5 plays. Here's the breakdown.

Week 1: 3 plays, 1 net yard, punt
Week 2: 3 plays, 4 net yards, blocked punt
Week 3: 3 plays, 6 net yards, punt
Week 4: 4 plays, 40 net yards, field goal
Week 5: 5 plays, 28 net yards, field goal
Week 6: 4 plays, 19 net yards, punt
Week 7: 5 plays, 83 net yards, touchdown
Week 8: 4 plays, 2 net yards, punt
Week 9: 11 plays, 59 net yards, interception
Week 10: 11 plays, 48 net yards, field goal
Week 11: 5 plays, 1 net yard, field goal
Week 13: 11 plays, 61 net yards, field goal
Week 14: 4 plays, 12 net yards, punt
Week 15: 5 plays, 35 net yards, punt
Week 16: 4 plays, 21 net yards, punt
Week 17: 3 plays, 5 net yards, punt

I wouldn't worry too much about this, before Week 17 we hadn't scored a TD on our opening possession since around Week 3 I believe.
This year we start tremendously slow offensively, the majority of Brees' mistakes come in the first half of games. Against St. Louis a few weeks ago, he threw two interceptions on the first two drives, against y'all there was the 3-and-out and the fumble return TD, and again last week he threw 2 interceptions in the first half.

And about Kenny Stills: He averaged around 20 ypc this season, we mostly throw to him deep down the field in 3rd and long situations. He has maybe 5-7 receptions that were shorter than 15 yards.

Latest posts