Harvin won't last in NFL bc rams will smash Harvin's head

oasis

Reaction score
We can all agree that targeting Harvin was on purpose. (Although I doubt there was a formal bounty because they don't want to be caught with their pants down again)
We also saw how dirty the Fisher-led rams are. When Harvin is on the field, we can be more dominant than any team in the NFL, and if you think the rams would just be nice and take it up the you-know-what, I have a bridge to sell you.

I don't know why I feel a need to post the "you heard it here first" on such a grisly idea, but its the only thing I can do because I am a powerless fan.

Harvin is going to be a headshot target by the St. Louis Rams, unless they get a new head coach.

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
I also remember how badly they slammed Tate in the head. *shutters*

willyum

Reaction score
oasis":31o5z3qa said:
I also remember how badly they slammed Tate in the head. *shutters*

you mean when Rafael Bush hit him over the middle and then shoved his hand into his face while he was down. Screw the Saints theyre good at being dirty not much else. let them get their W's in their air conditioned Superdome they wont win in Seattle for a long time to come

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
The league has to do something in the game about all the head shots. Fines aren't going to cut it. 15 yards for removing a player from the game (and threatening his career) is an obscenely lopsided exchange. At that cost, there is no practical deterrent for teams to avoid opponents' heads.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Harvin has not played for a year and a half. He did not have an offseason where you go through the drills with the team and train your body and mind to avoid or lower the impact of hits. He will be fine once he gets a full offseason under his belt. Making quick judgments based on one game would have benched RW. I don't think we want to be thinking like other ball clubs with short term goals. Our club and program always is built around long term success.

GFang

Reaction score
Knock the other team's best player out legally or illegally, and your chance of winning will increase. Harvin is an elite talent. No defender, and I mean NO ONE, in the NFL can contend with his speed. The Saints knew this and knocked him out of the game with some hard hits. Afterwards, our offense was much easier to contain. It's not just the Rams, every other team we play here on out will attempt to do the same. We just gotta be prepared and not let it happen again.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
GFang":n77zn16z said:
Knock the other team's best player out legally or illegally, and your chance of winning will increase. Harvin is an elite talent. No defender, and I mean NO ONE, in the NFL can contend with his speed. The Saints knew this and knocked him out of the game with some hard hits. Afterwards, our offense was much easier to contain. It's not just the Rams, every other team we play here on out will attempt to do the same. We just gotta be prepared and not let it happen again.

How exactly, do we prepare and stop that from happening?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Part of the problem is the type of passes Wilson threw to him. Both plays where he got smashed were these high floaters that gave the safety tons of time to sprint over and lay the wood to Harvin as the ball got there. Those plays may just need to be taken out of the playbook. The Harvin investment must be protected.

Seeker

Reaction score
one good kam or bb shot on marques gholston or jimmy graham would have ended all that fake tough guy noise from that team. Notice rafeal bush had MULTIPLE clear shots at lynch with the ball and was like "i'm gonna just try to wrap him up..." on one occasion lynch actually "froze" in a studderstep almost daring the defense to tackle him (not really but you know what i mean) and all they did was run along side him like it was a cal alumni game. lynch owns them.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
seahawks08":2b9846om said:
Harvin has not played for a year and a half. He did not have an offseason where you go through the drills with the team and train your body and mind to avoid or lower the impact of hits. He will be fine once he gets a full offseason under his belt. Making quick judgments based on one game would have benched RW. I don't think we want to be thinking like other ball clubs with short term goals. Our club and program always is built around long term success.

No amount of conditioning is going to protect a player from getting concussed because of a vicious hit(legal or otherwise) and subsequent ground hit like Harvin took. Better helmets are an absolute must if we expect to see the game continue as is.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Harvin will be a target for all teams. He has a reputation of being easily removed from the game, so they will be hitting him hard all the way. He is great, but honestly I dont think he will ever play a full season again.

Osprey

Reaction score
Hawkpower":230o2xzq said:
GFang":230o2xzq said:

How exactly, do we prepare and stop that from happening?

[youtube]xPZ6eaL3S2E[/youtube]