Player(s) you pray Hawks won't draft

ivotuk

Reaction score
#1. Jalen Carter.

Multiple people died. Too big of a risk factor, think about the regret that Raiders have over Henry Ruggs, and how it has effected their draft profiles. Malik McDowell and how many times people (including me) have griped about picking him, after trading out of the 1st round, missing all of those good players, and having a CRAP Draft that year. Too many other good players to take that kind of a RISK.

#2. Anthony Richardson.

Everything about him says "Big Time Bust." Some say "He's worth the risk." right after they say "We've never been here before, we need to make this #5 pick count!"
I've seen nothing that even hints that he could be a good NFL QB. Poor accuracy, WTH throws, his Pro Day was lazy "I'm just here for my guys, just having fun." He didn't take it seriously, and I think the "hit the ceiling of the practice facility" was on purpose. "Oops, my bad, I just showed off how hard I can throw a ball." Or, is his accuracy just that bad?

#3 Will Levis.

At least not in the 1st round. He is not Josh Allen, and IMHO, even sitting him a year will only get you a QB that can get you to, and out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

#4 Myles Murphy.

I could be way off on this one, but Clemson DL just never seem to live up to the hype. I see him as an athlete, and not a football player.

Will be interesting to see how this list turns out after the draft, and after 1, 2, and 3 years.

CactusJack

Reaction score
1. Will Levis- I have him as the 5th QB in this class.

2. Bryan Bresee- The injuries & the film wasn't all that impressive. Too much of a risk.

3. Lukas Van Ness- The hype is over the top. He'll be a solid player. But he's going to get over drafted.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
1. Will Levis
2. Galen Carter
3. JSN in the 1st round
4. Nolan Smith - Amazing athlete and that is about it.
5. Bryan Bresee
6. Felix Uzomah

James in PA

Reaction score
#1. Jalen Carter.

Multiple people died. Too big of a risk factor, think about the regret that Raiders have over Henry Ruggs, and how it has effected their draft profiles. Malik McDowell and how many times people (including me) have griped about picking him, after trading out of the 1st round, missing all of those good players, and having a CRAP Draft that year. Too many other good players to take that kind of a RISK.

#2. Anthony Richardson.

Everything about him says "Big Time Bust." Some say "He's worth the risk." right after they say "We've never been here before, we need to make this #5 pick count!"
I've seen nothing that even hints that he could be a good NFL QB. Poor accuracy, WTH throws, his Pro Day was lazy "I'm just here for my guys, just having fun." He didn't take it seriously, and I think the "hit the ceiling of the practice facility" was on purpose. "Oops, my bad, I just showed off how hard I can throw a ball." Or, is his accuracy just that bad?

#3 Will Levis.

At least not in the 1st round. He is not Josh Allen, and IMHO, even sitting him a year will only get you a QB that can get you to, and out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

#4 Myles Murphy.

I could be way off on this one, but Clemson DL just never seem to live up to the hype. I see him as an athlete, and not a football player.

Will be interesting to see how this list turns out after the draft, and after 1, 2, and 3 years.
Wow, Richardson and Carter are 1 & 2 on my list of who I hope we DO draft.

I do agree on Levis. While I don't think he'll suck as bad as the haters say he will, I'm not sure I see a franchise QB.

If we're taking about pick 5, I'm going with Tyree Wilson. I don't agree with Chris Simms that he is by far by best pass rusher in this draft. I see a slow get off and not a lot in his tool bag. The foot injury concerns me too.

getnasty

Reaction score
1-Anthony Richardson-Just not accurate enough for me at 5. Tons of talent though.

2-Tyree Wilson-Seems more like a traditional 4-3 end, don't see the fit.

3-Dawand Jones-If we needed a tackle I'd be all for it but I don't want them to mess up a good think with Lucas.

GemCity

Reaction score
Levis.

I’m good with whoever else that’s being discussed at that spot as long as PC and JS think it’s the move to make.

But, picking Levis would definitely make me cringe.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Levis.

I’m good with whoever else that’s being discussed at that spot as long as PC and JS think it’s the move to make.

But, picking Levis would definitely make me cringe.
Cringe, shortly followed by yelling, kicking. All of the above.

But seriously, if they call Levis' name, I might not consume Football for a while. Total devastation.

Let's just hope that the Colts do the right thing.

Last edited:

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I’ve beaten up on Levis a lot and I wouldn’t touch Hooker either.

But a few others (assuming they go in the projected rounds. If these players fell I’d be more comfortable taking them):

Murphy - He’s big and fast, but I don’t see a refined rusher.

Ringo - He’s big and fast, but short arms and poor agility testing tell me he’s not an nfl CB. Might be a good safety but don’t want us to invest more high value assets into Safety.

Mayer - More a “where you have to draft him” problem. He’s a good player, but I don’t see a Kelce or Gronk, and don’t see any reason to take a 1st Rd TE unless you’re getting that level of production.

Bijan - Again, it’s a “where you draft him” problem. You’d be spending high capital on a player that, Day 1, has to be a top 5 RB to merit his salary. It’s also high end draft capital spent on RB in back to back years. And you’d be getting a player that will split snaps with the runner up to OROY.

Quentin Johnston - Huge Boom/Bust factor for a first round pick. He’d have to really improve at the catch point to merit a high pick.

Brian Branch - More high value capital soaked up in safety. Athletic testing also leaves a lot to be desired.

Tuli - Just don’t see how he fits anywhere in this defense plus short arms.

Hyatt - Don't see a refined WR, and don’t see such unique athletic gifts to merit high draft pick.

Josh Downs - He’s a good player. But I see him as a true slot, and I think it’d take a 2nd to get him.

Skoronski/Van Ness/Kancey - I could talk myself into all 3. But they each have questions/limitations that I’d pass on in their projected draft position.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I’ve beaten up on Levis a lot and I wouldn’t touch Hooker either.

But a few others (assuming they go in the projected rounds. If these players fell I’d be more comfortable taking them):

Murphy - He’s big and fast, but I don’t see a refined rusher.

Ringo - He’s big and fast, but short arms and poor agility testing tell me he’s not an nfl CB. Might be a good safety but don’t want us to invest more high value assets into Safety.

Mayer - More a “where you have to draft him” problem. He’s a good player, but I don’t see a Kelce or Gronk, and don’t see any reason to take a 1st Rd TE unless you’re getting that level of production.

Bijan - Again, it’s a “where you draft him” problem. You’d be spending high capital on a player that, Day 1, has to be a top 5 RB to merit his salary. It’s also high end draft capital spent on RB in back to back years. And you’d be getting a player that will split snaps with the runner up to OROY.

Quentin Johnston - Huge Boom/Bust factor for a first round pick. He’d have to really improve at the catch point to merit a high pick.

Brian Branch - More high value capital soaked up in safety. Athletic testing also leaves a lot to be desired.

Tuli - Just don’t see how he fits anywhere in this defense plus short arms.

Hyatt - Don't see a refined WR, and don’t see such unique athletic gifts to merit high draft pick.

Josh Downs - He’s a good player. But I see him as a true slot, and I think it’d take a 2nd to get him.

Skoronski/Van Ness/Kancey - I could talk myself into all 3. But they each have questions/limitations that I’d pass on in their projected draft position.
That's a really good list of concerns, the problem is typically 1/3 of those guys will overcome the doubters and be perennial Pro Bowlers. Just probably not several of the ones we thought were "sure things". (or, "The Aaron Curry Story")

The problem is knowing which of them to bet on, and how long it will take them to reach Pro Bowl level "impact" for their teams. Maybe QJ sucks for 3 years, then selected All-Pro in Year 5? Ouch in the wallet! Balancing "swing for the fences" vs. "take the safe, sure-thing", that's the trick. Sure hope the Hawks have done their homework and draft only the injury-resistant future Pro-Bowlers!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Players who I hope and pray they don't draft? Thats easy. Any player who can't play at the NFL level. I just don't know who they might be. I could list names, but what the hell do I know? I've seen a few play collegiate ball. I've seen some highlights. I've also seen numerous mock drafts with the typical names in usually predictable spots. What I haven't done is personally work any of them out, attend the combine, do my due diligence of watching hours and hours of film on any of them, sit in on any interviews, or even have conversations with their coaches, friends or family. The Seahawks actually pay people to do this stuff for them. I'm not one of them.
I hope they have a draft like last year. I hope they find some real NFL caliber players. What I do know without a shred of doubt, is that no one, including Seahawks personnel, will actually know how the players they will pick, pan out as NFL players. Thats a process that normally takes 2-3 years.
I'm looking forward to seeing who they draft, along with how they manipulate the draft, but also the meltdowns, bitching, and moaning from fans when they don't pick whoever some .net keyboard warriors want or expect as the new franchise saviors!!
This is shaping up to be one of the most fun drafts in a long time.
Can't wait!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I have my opinions on players, but I don't have a prayer to not draft any of them. At the end of the day, I'm going to root hard for they pick and assume that they were picked for a reason.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
#1. Jalen Carter.

#2. Anthony Richardson.

#3 Will Levis.

Carter is a knucklehead. But if they pick him at #5 I'll believe they know more about him than I do and feel they can work with him. Your list would be the 3 people I would hope they draft at #5...lol.

nanomoz

Reaction score
#2. Anthony Richardson.

Everyone I've read have said his pro day was phenomenal.

The other criticisms sound just like those of Josh Allen when he came out.
Ya, Richardson needs more development and the right situation. But he's tuly uniquely talented, and I've only heard positive things about his character.

Have you watched any interviews with the guy? You should. I wouldn't bet against him if he lands in the right spot.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Everyone I've read have said his pro day was phenomenal.

The other criticisms sound just like those of Josh Allen when he came out.
Ya, Richardson needs more development and the right situation. But he's tuly uniquely talented, and I've only heard positive things about his character.

Have you watched any interviews with the guy? You should. I wouldn't bet against him if he lands in the right spot.
This seems to be the biggest grasping at straws argument for Levis. Allen didn’t have one WR or OL that would have started for UK or probably even be in the 2 deep. I watched Wyoming play Oregon, that team was awful. You have to take into account the lack of talent in any argument.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Noah Sewell - wouldn’t want him in the top 3 rounds but maybe in the 5th if other top linebackers are gone. Dude looked horrible against Utah this year.

Ringo- a few times this year I saw plays where he was completely turned around or else took a penalty that was completely unnecessary. I’d be fine with him in later rounds if the staff thought they could coach him up because he’s got athleticism

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'm not convinced Levis is going to be good and want to steer clear of him.

This one had nothing to do with the guy's talent but I do not want the Hawks drafting Bijan Robinson....strictly cause I think after using a 2nd on a back last year using a first on a rb is a terrible use of resources when we have other holes to fill.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Levis feels like a watered down version of Jeff George. I just can’t wrap my head around it but I get a weird vibe.