Everythings Great. Everybody is great! This is Great!

Shock2k

Reaction score
I'm watching last nights Russell Wilson interview and I've finding an emotion I haven't felt before. I'm actually feeling myself getting irritated. Russell you once said you didn't want to seem fake. Well I don't think you sound fake. But after last nights offensive performance, telling me everyone is doing great is either:
a) You assuming the fandbase is dumb enough to think that's true.
b) A little disingenuous

I'm not sure if you think that's what we want to hear, all positive speak. But to me it just comes of as irritating.

"Yes Reporter, we are going to take it one day at a time, we are going to do better at things that we aren't good at."

Ok I was cool with that when, let's say, you were having problems with third down at the beginning of the season and then you fixed them.

But I'm not cool with that when it's been a constant problem that is not improving.

Oh and by the way, I don't care who's fault it is. I just want YOU as the QB to specifically say:
1) You know the problem exists (so I know you are not in denial)
2) And that you will fix it (which I know you are physically and intellectually capable of doing)

Russell For President. (You are still my choice over, Kaep, Kam, RGKnee, and unLuck)
Go Hawks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why in the hell would he address any of his concerns in the media?

Seriously can't tell if you're on the wind up, have zero understanding of how professional athletes talk to the media or just want to find one more thing to be mad about

The press and by extension fans font need to know anything

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe by saying "everyone is doing great" he was referring to the injury situation.

This member of the "fandbase" is going to relish the playoff victory and avoid getting "irritated" at things I can't control. Like Uncle Si said, it's athlete speak.

:229031_shrug:

General Manager

Reaction score
We won he has no reason to make any statements about the offense in a negative way. That said 100 yards will not get it done next week.

Seaswab

Reaction score
I think Russell lives in his own fantasy land sometimes

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seaswab":179t7y6m said:
I think Russell lives in his own fantasy land sometimes

Christ.

Yeah, I'm sure he's in the film room at 4 am watching Mr. Bean re-runs.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Or you appreciate you won in-spite of those things.

There's plenty of time to relish in your shortcoming during their meetings all week.

Every fan is going to react to differently, but I love that Wilson is the calm during the press conference. Part of that is feeding canned answers and if there's a "flaw" in Wilson is that he will come off sound a little cliche during his press conferences.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Who cares what he says to the media? The media is filled with trite BS from sports players all the time. It doesn't change how the players will actually prepare for their next game.

You would like Wilson to tell you that it will all be okay and that he'll bring you milk and cookies and check for monsters under the bed before he tucks you in at night so that you can sleep better, but that won't actually fix the problem, so who cares what he says?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We're one win away from a Super Bowl and you're really getting on the franchise guy for being overly positive?

idahohawk

Reaction score
Some of you guys need to step away from the keyboard and go for a walk. This guy is the best QB/Leader this franchise has seen in a long, long time. The guy is a winner, outworks everyone, never quits, visits children's hospitals every week... yet some of you just look for ridiculous crap to criticize. He's not perfect. Nobody is. But sheesh, let's get a grip.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The bottomline is that our passing game is an absolute joke.

It is almost comical how bad it is.

So I imagine Wilson should acknowledge it because we see it anyway.

You can be positive without being delusional but he has had some great games for us in the past so I am hoping he has more. He missed a few passes in the first half because of the wind/rain but in the 2nd half it was much clearer and we still could not pass (nor did we really seem to try).

I still pin all the blame at the foot the of "OC", perhaps the greatest example of the Peter Principle I can think of.

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Good lord. So the translation is, Russell doesn't need to be accountable. Because he's a great guy (which he is, not disputed here), and is the franchise QB (which also is not disputed), and "he's a winner" (which his stats bare out right now, not disputed). Also he just needs to "athlete talk" the media, which by definition is disingenuous, but again, that's ok also.

I'm really the only one that demand's accountability in our leaders. Russell, your accuracy has PLUMETTED over the past 6 games, along with red zone efficiency, passing efficiency and on and on. Oh but never mind any of that because you know we are winning! Ok, so we are trailing in the 4th quarter and we need you to pass your way downfield 80 yards in 1 minute, how do you like your chances right now?

Guys I'm a big Seattle fan, and a huge Russell Wilson fan, but you are in polyanna land if you think we are "Ok", and "Russell has it". It's going to take a team effort to fix the offensive problems and it starts from the leadership positions in the team. Even if that is only in my opinion.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I think SF, seeing that Marshawn and the running game is the only thing that will bite them, will dare Russ to beat them through the air next week. I know Russ can sling it all around the yard. Pete needs to take the leash off our QB.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Why is it important that he says he's not playing well to a room full of media people? Do you think his perception of it changes if he's providing quotes to reporters?

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Shock2k":g79ar7qv said:
Good lord. So the translation is, Russell doesn't need to be accountable. Because he's a great guy (which he is, not disputed here), and is the franchise QB (which also is not disputed), and "he's a winner" (which his stats bare out right now, not disputed). Also he just needs to "athlete talk" the media, which by definition is disingenuous, but again, that's ok also.

I'm really the only one that demand's accountability in our leaders. Russell, your accuracy has PLUMETTED over the past 6 games, along with red zone efficiency, passing efficiency and on and on. Oh but never mind any of that because you know we are winning! Ok, so we are trailing in the 4th quarter and we need you to pass your way downfield 80 yards in 1 minute, how do you like your chances right now?

Guys I'm a big Seattle fan, and a huge Russell Wilson fan, but you are in polyanna land if you think we are "Ok", and "Russell has it". It's going to take a team effort to fix the offensive problems and it starts from the leadership positions in the team. Even if that is only in my opinion.
:13: Word.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Exactly.

If you do not acknowledge a problem, you cannot fix it. And even if you are hiding the problem from the public (which makes no sense?) if you start saying crap like that you start believing your own crap.

There clearly is a problem, now can we fix it?

Unless this team starts focusing on fixing the passing game (and hinging gameplanning on the performance of your unreliably healthy WR is not a stepping stone to team success) it is going to be watching the SB from stadium seats.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'd rather the team fix their problems in the meeting and film rooms than in a media interview.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
tdlabrie":7axnf6f9 said:
Shock2k":7axnf6f9 said:

:13: Word.

Double :13:

The offense and more importantly, Russell, needs to step his game up or we will get blown out come Sunday.