Rational 49ers Fan

jeffjtk123

Reaction score
hey everyone joined to give some thoughts and a rational take on the game.

First just want to say good luck to the hawks. I am a huge Niner fan, but I also really like Russ and Skittles. Two of my favorite non Niners actually other than Shady McCoy. I don't have hate for the Hawks as some. Shaun Alexander won a fantasy football title for me back in the day. lol.

Few thoughts:

Think the game will stay pretty close. Probably within one score either way the whole game. May come down to a final possession. Have to remember that the game week 2 was 5-0 at halftime, and 12-3 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Props to the Hawks for really putting the nail in the coffin in the 4th but still it was pretty close throughout. The game at the stick was a 2 point game...we won on a last second field goal. This is a testament to how closely tied these teams are.

The teams are built so similar that the home field advantage may be the main difference. I know Russ hasn't played like typical Russ lately but Kap also had a bad stretch of games earlier this year...meaning it doesnt really matter the past all that matters is the present. You played Cards Rams 49ers and Saints, all great defenses, so its not surprising to see your offensive production is somewhat down (not hating just being honest here).

IMO basically comes down to Gore, Lynch, O line, D line. Whoever has the least amount of 3rd and longs will more than likely win.

I dont want to predict scores as I never do, but I do think it will be a 3-4 point game, and IMHO it is a 50/50 shot who wins this week.

Again good luck to you guys. One team will win, one will lose, and one fan base will be very depressed afterward. Regardless let's hope for a healthy game and some good football.

rpmischris

Reaction score
Well whats up with all the classy 49er posts lately? Not use to seeing this on our forum from your fan base. Thanks for your thoughts and for a very fair analysis.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
rpmischris":1zbo9xia said:
Well whats up with all the classy 49er posts lately? Not use to seeing this on our forum from your fan base. Thanks for your thoughts and for a very fair analysis.

Read the moderators warning to them. On our worst day we don't treat them nearly as bad as their fans treat us on the "The Web".

DynoHawk

Reaction score
rpmischris":2ib15wi6 said:
Itsatrap zps35158967

OP
OP
J

jeffjtk123

Reaction score
Yeah for me I dont take these games as an opportunity to bash a fan base. Everyone is passionate about their team.

I enjoy talking football. We may differ on the outcome i.e. niners win or hawks win but doesnt mean fans of opposing teams cant have rational conversations. Couple of my friends are Hawks fans. All about respect.

49ers

Reaction score
You know what I think is going on?

Respect.

I mean, first you start to hate the other teams who are getting better because of fear. But after a while of being competitive, you accept their talent, and respect them for it.

I distinctly remember the HATRED I felt for the Rams in the late 90's. After a couple years, I grew to really respect and admire their ability.

I think that's happening with the Seahawks.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
49ers":hocpojpr said:

Respect.

I mean, first you start to hate the other teams who are getting better because of fear. But after a while of being competitive, you accept their talent, and respect them for it.

I distinctly remember the HATRED I felt for the Rams in the late 90's. After a couple years, I grew to really respect and admire their ability.

Good thoughts. I know I don't have that same sense of disdain for the 9ers I had last year, it's definitely been reduced. They're good, the Hawks are good, and none of it affects my real life :D Hating a sports team like that just isn't healthy, at least for me. I like the way the 9ers play, but I will never cheer for them. I'm over the hate, I can't muster it twice a year for the rest of my life! It would be easier if Harbs and Kap didn't come off as such smug goobers though...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There are plenty of solid 49ers fans, it is just the stabby ones that get more notice.

Usually whenever I see something on Lynch or Russell or even Pete, I see plenty of compliments and acknowledgements from 49er fans.

I think it is more certain websites tend to have a more mixed bag of them and so it distorts the perception.

Honestly for every weird hatery 49er fan post I have seen after an article on either the Seahawks or 49ers, I usually see at least one or two strange overly enthusiastic, borderline off-the-their-meds-crazy, weirdly hateful, overly optimistic/delusional Seahawk posts too. We have plenty of weird Hawks fans that think screaming and rubbing things in other people's faces completely unsolicited is their holy duty.

I think both fan bases have both some great intelligent fans and some absolute toolbags. It probably is something that comes with success.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
49ers":24m803rd said:

Respect.

I agree with this poster! I think the rivalry between the Hawks and 49ers is awesome. It's what makes the NFL enjoyable for me. It's like having two teams... one to root for and one to root against. On game days I always look forward to two things... watching the Seahawks game and seeing the 49ers outcome.

I may not like the 49ers but I still respect the fact that they are still a good team this year...

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":z1u1w7wk said:
The players are not the reason for the hatred. It's mainly the fans.

You know, ever since I banned about 40 niner fans last year, my twitch has gone away.

PantherInWA

Reaction score
Thanks, Niner!

I have a best friend that is a Niner, but we have a deal. I always root for San Fran unless they are playing my Seahawks, and he always roots for San Fran unless they are playing my HAWKS.

HAWK SENSE!!

GET ITTTTTT!!!

Canuck49

Reaction score
There's idiots in every fan base. And the internet is their world, the rest of us just live in it.

I've lurked here for a while to educate myself about the niners biggest rival. You've got some smart fans here. The all 22 breakdown guys give me a good sense of what to watch for when we play you guys. You can hate a team (in a non literal sports sense) and not act like a douchebag when talking to their fans.

The webzone can be a mess. I prefer the red zone forums on the official page. But there are some good people on the webzone too. I'd suggest looking at the analysis from the coaching film threads if you want to see some smart football talk. But it's still polluted with guys screaming that we should replace Frank gore ASAP and turn the ball over to lamichael James a the bell cow.

I swear, madden and fantasy leagues give people a terrible understanding of good football.

P.s. Richard Sherman is a jerk! (Couldn't resist! :) )

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Canuck49":2o8fha9d said:
There's idiots in every fan base. And he internet is their world, the rest of is just live in it.

That's a fact. And it sucks.

Niner$Fan1975

Reaction score
gotta respect your opponent, cuz the second u dont
images

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Canuck49":2qz8z2o5 said:
P.s. Richard Sherman is a jerk! (Couldn't resist! :) )

He can appear that way sometimes; however, right or wrong, if you backtrack and read the entire story line about anything he says or does, it is normally in response to something said or done in disrespect to him or the team. He does get over the top sometimes, but the good thing, in my mind, is that he's no wall flower.

Marvin49

Reaction score
49ers":wqg9ym5r said:

Respect.

I'd have to agree.

I'm guilty of defending my team here, but I'd very seldom take pot shots at the 'hawks. So far this season they've been the best team in football. Anything can happen on Sunday and I think the Niners CAN win, but there is no way I'm talking sh*t.

Weadoption

Reaction score
And yet, we would love Sherm were he in red and gold laundry.
Truth.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Weadoption":k7r0kp4l said:
And yet, we would love Sherm were he in red and gold laundry.
Truth.

Of course. :D Seriously tho, I wouldn't like his antics, but would and do respect the hell out his ability on the field.

Kinda the way I felt when Deion moved from Atlanta to SF.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":14xe8doe said:
The_Z_Man":14xe8doe said:
The players are not the reason for the hatred. It's mainly the fans.

You know, ever since I banned about 40 niner fans last year, my twitch has gone away.
If you need to borrow my itchy trigger finger I'm just a PM away. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1is9g3y4 said:
49ers":1is9g3y4 said:

Respect.

I'd have to agree.

I'm guilty of defending my team here, but I'd very seldom take pot shots at the 'hawks. So far this season they've been the best team in football. Anything can happen on Sunday and I think the Niners CAN win, but there is no way I'm talking sh*t.
Good one, thanks for the humor.