another enemy here -

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonomaniner

Reaction score
Hey Seattle - as a forever NINER fan (I’m certain you feel the same about your hawks) - let’s admit the epic challenge it is just to navigate the run-up to 3:30 Sunday?! Like me - I’m sure you can’t think about much else.

Here’s my take.

I was in your house when we dropped the first to you - but the way i saw it we played a tight game to within 5 well into the 3rd quarter until you pulled away. In SF in December we were the last with the ball and we won.

These teams or more alike than not - remarkable talent on both sides of the field.

The difference is your stadium. The whole back-office, marketing department directed 12th man thing, raising the flag, is so ridiculously heavy-handed and phony - - (and of course professionally exicuted) - that it literally changes the game on the field. This is no news to you and you don’t want to hear it (literally) - - but the whole set-up ‘tilts’ the otherwise legendary potential of this game.

Hey, home field advantage has ALWAYS meant something, zero doubt. And I know - we’re cry-baby’s for even mentioning it this certain truth...

So let’s put it this way - - your marketing department has set the table for a victory Sunday. What happens when you stack the deck and lose?

I only wish I were there to walk the QUIET STREETS OF SEATTLE on MONDAY morning!

In the end - MUCH respect Seattle - !

Polaris

Reaction score
That's easy. We won't lose. Seattle in Seattle has been kyroponite to your team, and yes Crabtree did play last year against Seattle, and Boldin was shut out in week 2. More importantly, the last couple of times in Seattle, Gore has been shut down.

I expect the same.

sutz

Reaction score
ridiculously heavy-handed and phony

O-Kaaayyyyy. Let the :242735: begin.

Or not.

I'm getting kind of :1: with these Niner "We're gonna win in your house" threads.

Good luck with that.

kjreid

Reaction score
If my wife's bug can fit between 2 cars that are at meters can she get a ticket. I was just wondering

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
sonomaniner":4mp33b6h said:
Hey Seattle - as a forever NINER fan (I’m certain you feel the same about your hawks) - let’s admit the epic challenge it is just to navigate the run-up to 3:30 Sunday?! Like me - I’m sure you can’t think about much else.

Here’s my take.

I was in your house when we dropped the first to you - but the way i saw it we played a tight game to within 5 well into the 3rd quarter until you pulled away. In SF in December we were the last with the ball and we won.

These teams or more alike than not - remarkable talent on both sides of the field.

The difference is your stadium. The whole back-office, marketing department directed 12th man thing, raising the flag, is so ridiculously heavy-handed and phony - - (and of course professionally exicuted) - that it literally changes the game on the field. This is no news to you and you don’t want to hear it (literally) - - but the whole set-up ‘tilts’ the otherwise legendary potential of this game.

Hey, home field advantage has ALWAYS meant something, zero doubt. And I know - we’re cry-baby’s for even mentioning it this certain truth...

So let’s put it this way - - your marketing department has set the table for a victory Sunday. What happens when you stack the deck and lose?

I only wish I were there to walk the QUIET STREETS OF SEATTLE on MONDAY morning!

In the end - MUCH respect Seattle - !

We took your wine country from you first, now we come for the rest. This time, you are being drug all the way up to Seattle so the 12th Man can join in on the party that marks the demise of the 49ers.

Centurylink is the Roman Coliseum of the NFL; there is no better place to end you guys. :)

Oakhawk

Reaction score
Funny thing--there is a significant presence of Seahawk faithful in Sonoma. I know, I live here too.

I keep hearing how 9er fans think the Clink pipes in crowd noise. If only an organization like Guinness, or maybe even scientists (like geologists) would back up the natural phenomenon that is Clink, we'd get some respect. If only...

:sarcasm_off:

mikeak

Reaction score
If everything Seattle does surrounding the game creates an athmoshpere that helps our team then how is it phony?

Everything was ok to read but that part. There is nothing phony about it. It is part of the culture around this team and the fans gets into it

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Anyone else sick of condescending Niner fans? Hit the road loser.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sonomaniner":sjeuxfqi said:
So let’s put it this way - - your marketing department has set the table for a victory Sunday. What happens when you stack the deck and lose?- !

Sorry, but you can't cavalierly brush off the 12th man on some cheap marketing ploy. If that was the case EVERY sports team in EVERY city would have amazingly loud fans, because that's what marketing departments do.

This stadium is loud for two reasons, it's construction and it's fans. Period. If it was just marketing, every city would have what we have.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
"In the end - MUCH respect Seattle - !"

Maybe it's just me but I didn't see a lot of respect in that post

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Does anyone else remember in the 2006 NFC Championship game where the camera showed a Carolina player yelling before kickoff, "This is our house now. This is our house!"?

Unfortunately for him....he was wrong!

Mitch

Reaction score
That is why we call it the 12th man! It is an advantage and every fan can be a part! Go Hawks!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I want this to be in the smack shack so bad.

Overconfident Niner fans who have been nothing but destroyed in Seattle think that somehow things will be different this week.

Guess what? You've beaten Seattle by a total of 9 points in the past two years while the two games you lost in Seattle by 1,000.

Bouldin will be a no-show, Gore will be limited to probably 60 yards and Kaepernick will be wearing his headphones by the middle of the third quarter wishing he was anywhere but here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Marketing directed fan activity?

I think you should look in a mirror.

This is a complaint coming from a fan base that had a front office that sent materials to the ticketholders telling them HOW and WHEN to cheer.

You lose all credibility once you start calling out our front office a better job of what your front office tried to do.

By the way, the term you are looking for is "marketing-assisted fan engagement" and it is what every front office in every professional sports team expects from their marketing department.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
Someone smells a loss.

Did your fans not try their best to make a little noise when the Hawks visited?..I thought I heard a sound when the hawks had the ball, faint as it was..like Horton hears a WHO. A very faint "we are here...we are here...we are here"

# 12 is going to eat your QB.......again

MUCH respect

CANHawk

Reaction score
So the 12th man is a product of the marketing dept?

Meanwhile in San Fransisco...

Typical 9'er fan":3fm3s47q said:
Hey, First Down! now we're supposed to say... "Awooo, awoooo awoooooooo!" That sounds like fun. But where's the fog horn? The letter says we can only cheer when we hear the fog horn...

Status
Not open for further replies.