How Many points will it take ......

tleise32

Reaction score
hypothetical, just curious. wondering what you guys think... If Pete and DB come out calling Ultra conservative offense ... how many points behind the niners before you think holy moly were screwed. ? i think i could still keep hope with being down 21. much more than that... would mean SF scored at least 21 against us and something is seriously wrong/broken or injured and were screwed...

thoughts?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
IMO, 14 but we win 30-13. The distance factor creates a game in which Kap has to beat us in the air, which he cannot do and we continue the ground and pound at the end to seal it.

OP
OP
T

tleise32

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":8pyvi848 said:
IMO, 14 but we win 30-13. The distance factor creates a game in which Kap has to beat us in the air, which he cannot do and we continue the ground and pound at the end to seal it.

hmm very true, i see if we get down 14 , we can go through the air if we have a quick attack, maybe a no huddle as SF secondary isnt as great as their front 7. BUUUUT if SF is behind and has to rely on passing its over.

Exittium

Reaction score
Hawks 30-3 49ers but Ill be happier with 60-3 as a #$%@ you to the NFL

2_0_6

Reaction score
stang233":2xp856tk said:
Niners score 29.... We need more than that.

I would be VERY surprised if the Niners score more than 20. If they cant put up 30 on Carolina or GB, there is no way they do it on us.

OP
OP
T

tleise32

Reaction score
i think this scenario is what we need to plan for :/ , alhthough it would be awesome if pete suprised em with a gameplan to toss it a lot and early. but my guess it will be like the ATL game last year, arrpoach will be... wait wait wait wait ok now lets play

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the niners haven't scored more than 19 against us home or away since that game years ago where Ginn returned 2 kicks, otherwise they'd have 19 again.

20 points should do the trick, although 1 might be good enough too. Kaepernik hasn't handled the noise here in the regular season , not sure he's going to handle in in a championship game.

White Knight

Reaction score
The two historical facts I've found...

Seattle has never beaten the 49ers when scoring less than 20 points. Conversely, no NFC Champion has LOST when scoring over 30.

justafan

Reaction score
If we scoree 23 with no turnovers and lose you cant blame the offense coaches or players.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think the range of 21-24 will win this game. I think I did the 49ers avg score the last 4 games against us and it was something like 10.5 points per game and we avg 20 something points per game.

They have only scored 2 actual TDs the last 2 years. Both to the TEs. One of those was from Alex Smith to Walker and both are no longer on the team. There was a 3rd but it was with 2 minutes to go down 30+ on 4th down against backups last year haha. I believe they have also scored 9 FGS.

In the 2 wins they have @SF they have scored 19 and 13
In the 2 losses they have @Seattle they have scored 3 and 6(13 if you want to count a meaningless garbage TD against backups when down 30+, I dont)

For Seattle
In the 2 losses we have @SF we have scored 6 and 17
In our 2 wins @ Seattle we have scored 42 and 29.

So basically they have scored 9 total points in Seattle and we have scored 71. SF cant even score more than 20 AT HOME I dont think they are going to score 20 at CLINK. If they do they probably win and deserve it.

Latest posts