Peyton Manning and the NFL?

main

Reaction score
Is anyone else nervous that the NFL is going to "try" to give Peyton Manning his second ring (like Super Bowl XL and Jerome Bettis)? The media has always talked about Peyton needing another ring to put the cherry on top of his legendary resume. It was just something that ran through my mind after the Hawks won on Sunday.

BeaHUman

Reaction score
I think Sherman has deflected some of that hype and our Defense is so good they cannot be ignored. I don't feel the same sense this time around. That could change as we go into media week but I think we will get our due.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
After the next couple of weeks, I will be surprised if most of you do not end up hating Manning. The media's obsession with this guy is absurd.

Axx

Reaction score
actually with >75% of bets going on the broncos i expect Vegas to give the refs a little incentive to make sure seattle wins by at least 4.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
main":3tt2x7og said:
Is anyone else nervous that the NFL is going to "try" to give Peyton Manning his second ring (like Super Bowl XL and Jerome Bettis)? The media has always talked about Peyton needing another ring to put the cherry on top of his legendary resume. It was just something that ran through my mind after the Hawks won on Sunday.

Yes!

I've been saying this for months. If we learned anything from 2006 and the whole Jerome Bettis is going home to Detroit story, it's that the league LOVES LOVES them a feel good story.

So I fully expect that if the Hawks are going to win the SB, we're going to have to overcome a bunch of nonsense PI, holding and suspect calls.

chawx

Reaction score
Nah, I don't get that sense at all.

Plus, even if that was a thing this time around, I think our team has the fortitude to overcome things like that. Sadly, the XL* team started hanging their heads when things went bad and were built in a way that is much more susceptible to bad calls which could derail the finesse and timing of the offense.

This 2014 team has been over penalized all year, I say bring the flags, this team will appreciate the challenge.

EDIT: 1,000th POST!!! WEEEEEEEEEeee!

Miile High

Reaction score
I could see the NFL doing some shady stuff like that...

but then again, if it snows or is windy/cold, the Broncos are screwed anyway.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Love or hate Richard Sherman's interview, he successfully derailed the national dialogue for at least a week.

Other things working in our favor are Peyton not declaring he's retiring and the complete lack of Bronco storylines out of Denver.

The effect of Percy's return, the historic LOB, the rugged NFCCG and the offense's "struggle" will help keep the Hawks relevant.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chawx":36ulauka said:
Nah, I don't get that sense at all.

Plus, even if that was a thing this time around, I think our team has the fortitude to overcome things like that. Sadly, the XL* team started hanging their heads when things went bad and were built in a way that is much more susceptible to bad calls which could derail the finesse and timing of the offense.

This 2014 team has been over penalized all year, I say bring the flags, this team will appreciate the challenge.

I'd like to believe you, I really would...........and I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But after the 2006 SB? I just can't go there until the league proves me wrong.

Jac

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1sfl6nqv said:
After the next couple of weeks, I will be surprised if most of you do not end up hating Manning. The media's obsession with this guy is absurd.

I was listening to an interview of Quentin Jammer on Redskins radio. Over 75% of the questions involved Manning. Jammer actually lit up in excitement when a question was asked about the Denver defense and how they matched up.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I have been concerned about that since I saw him mention that he is seeing the end of his career coming. The light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

OP
OP
M

main

Reaction score
Good. I'm not the only one nervous about this. I hope it will not happen, but the NFL serious LOVES PEYTON MANNING. This Super Bowl theme seems to be: "Can Manning add another ring to his resume to capitalize his legacy?"

Man, I don't know if I can handle another Super Bowl XL again.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3py2ksb6 said:
We are such a nervous, paranoid fan base. Just stop it!
Only because the bobble heads are so busy kissing Mannings ass. :229031_banghead:

lsheldon

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I will never forget about SB40. I'm hoping the NFL and officials memories aren't so short that they've forgotten about it either. I've been waiting to see a media story about that SB and the horrendous officiating. Every time I see Bettis in his role as an analyst and they pop up the graphic showing his Bio with a ring from SB40 I think to myself it should have a note attached saying *Courtesy of Bill Leavy.

I'm hoping the NFL will take steps to ensure that the only two SB's that Seattle has been in don't end as a travesty. Who knows though. The Manning mania may be too much for any team to overcome.

SB larceny zps538ad100

dopeboy206

Reaction score
All they been talking on ESPN is how winning another SB will solidify has case as the greatest.

mackfan38

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3o34c5ya said:
actually with >75% of bets going on the broncos i expect Vegas to give the refs a little incentive to make sure seattle wins by at least 4..

The last time the Hawks were in the superbowl the 6 seeded steelers were favored by 4 points over the 1 seeded Hawks. We all know how the refs did in that game...

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is not John Elway who got beat down in 4 previous Superbowls and was nearing retiring age with NO Rings. This is Peyton Manning who has had success all through his life. And I think people are finding all the Commercials (especially the Papa Johns idiotic ads) tiresome.

Besides, everyone I have heard/read on the subject believes Pman will be coming back next year.

If anything, the Seahawks being in the SuperB Owl has stirred up memories of the give away in XL and the LAST thing Roger Rabbit wants is a controversy over officiating. In fact, I've gotten the distinct impression that everyone that has anything to do with the NFL WANTS Seattle to win in order to wash that bad taste of Xtra Lame officiating out of their mouth.

Just look at the Pittsburgh story where the author hopes we win and asks "could we be friends again?"

Another comment I read was after the blown call in the KC/SD game was "Pittsburgh will have to tear down their Bill Leavy statue."

Then there's the Top 10 worst officiated calls/games and XL is in all of them, some more than once. Add to that, Leavy apologizing to Seahawks fans.

So XL still looms large in the rearview mirror and everyone who's not a Broncos fan or a Seahawks hater wants the Seattle Seahawks to win this SuperB Owl.

P.S. I love Cortez Kennedy: "God Bless America, and God Bless the Seattle Seahawks."

Love Walter Jones too :0190l: