Collinsworth: Sherman D Player of the Year

Shock2k

Reaction score
In his Pro-Bowl pre-game show he selected Sherman as the Defensive Player of the Year, and gave Earl an honorable mention. Pretty surprising to me actually.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Then in the middle of the game he stated that he didn't know how anybody could win it over Watt, so what he says on the subject holds about as much water as a sieve.

BWRyan

Reaction score
Well, maybe Sherman/Thomas are his selections, but Watt is the odds on favorite to win?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bitter":3fmh9lyk said:
Then in the middle of the game he stated that he didn't know how anybody could win it over Watt, so what he says on the subject holds about as much water as a sieve.

Are you sure he wasn't just talking about Defensive MVP for the Pro Bowl game itself? Hard to believe he'd go to bat for any player on a 2-14 team.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2jhvhd08 said:
Bitter":2jhvhd08 said:

Are you sure he wasn't just talking about Defensive MVP for the Pro Bowl game itself? Hard to believe he'd go to bat for any player on a 2-14 team.

I suppose it is possible as I was in and out of the room while the game was on and caught the comment in passing, but they were discussing Manning as MVP at the same time.

Sac

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2096awhk said:
Bitter":2096awhk said:

Now that's irony right there.

kearly

Reaction score
Why is Watt even being discussed? His team went 2-14 and he doesn't even lead his position in sacks this year. Head-scratcher. If you give the award to Watt this year, you might as well pencil him in for the award until 2020.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Tez was DPOY on a 2-14 team. Watt is that good. But I have no idea if Watt was that good *THIS* season.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yeah, Quinn of the Rams is a freak. Have no idea if he'll win it or not, but he's sure scary to play against.

HawkWow

Reaction score
"Scary" is an awesome description of Quinn. But I think "the tip" put our boy over the top. OTOH, I also felt RW was ROTY. But we're not quite as "Siberia" this year as we were last year...so there's that.

Bryce84

Reaction score
HawkWow":3qf1u7h9 said:
"Scary" is an awesome description of Quinn. But I think "the tip" put our boy over the top. OTOH, I also felt RW was ROTY. But we're not quite as "Siberia" this year as we were last year...so there's that.

Except for the fact that DPOY is a regular season award and "The Tip" wont impact the voting for it. In fact, arent the votes already in for all those regular season awards? I think Earl and Sherm will split votes enough that Quinn will end up winning.

GCrow

Reaction score
Well Collinsworth is a very smart man when it comes to football. (Unpopular opinion, I know)

Latest posts