The Jungle

Shock2k

Reaction score
Was listening to Kam Chancellor talk about the D-line during his SB interview. He called them "Savages". What do you guys think about "The Jungle" for a nickname for the D-line?

Or something else. They deserve some kind of Name.

Erebus

Reaction score
If every good unit had a nickname, it would cheapen nicknames. Reserve nicknames for the most elite units, such as the Legion of Boom.

jblaze

Reaction score
I think the name every unit of every team thing gets old. It has to be organic and original.

Hawkee

Reaction score
Shock2k":1rscfpqa said:
Was listening to Kam Chancellor talk about the D-line during his SB interview. He called them "Savages". What do you guys think about "The Jungle" for a nickname for the D-line?

Isn't that moniker already taken by the Bengals?

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Hawkee":3knb7ztf said:
Shock2k":3knb7ztf said:

You're right, they pretty much have that marketed.

You guys crack me up with the organic talk. Can you tell me what "happening organically" looks like?

chris98251

Reaction score
They will get one if they can establish a reputation or identity, We know they are rotated a lot but they are not one that lights things up with the common eye. The pressures and knock downs don't get a lot of credit by most media, it's sacks and tackles for loss etc. LOB gets the credit for their relentless efforts.

Rainger

Reaction score
I think the Legion of Boom although it is primarily referring to the secondary is starting to be a moniker for the whole Seattle defense to most who are not fans of the Hawks and don't know any better so I think we don't need 2 nicks on the same D.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Our D-line, while quite good now, is not elite. Sorry, they don't deserve a nickname, as much as I love them.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Shock2k":dxxcvofh said:
Hawkee":dxxcvofh said:
Shock2k":dxxcvofh said:

You're right, they pretty much have that marketed.

You guys crack me up with the organic talk. Can you tell me what "happening organically" looks like?

Yes.

Go look at any unit/group in the history of the NFL that had a nickname that stuck.

THAT'S what happening organically looks like.

It has to be something where the characteristics of the unit/group are so remarkable that it spurs an almost involuntary reaction... like a specific metaphor just leaping to the forefront to describe the excellence. And then that metaphor BECOMES the nickname. You don't just start by saying, "Hey, let's give them a nickname."