Off to a great start

Nearpost

Reaction score
Last week, any knowledgeable 49 er fan would have pretty much dismissed the opening play, where RW lost the ball, as it meant nothing if you were looking for an indication of who was going to win that game.

What specifically do we have to do early on in the game to give an anxious hawk fan a really good feeling?

If our defensive tackles are disrupting Manning by moving him backwards before releasing the ball, I am taking more from that than a well executed pass that is tipped and we intercept. Or to go back to last week, I'll take more comfort from early evidence that they have set up wrong against our DT's than I would from some uncharacteristic failure to protect the ball, resulting in a turnover by Manning.

Obviously the game is all about adjustments, and Denver will bring in additional blocking to deal with the pressure, but then they are lighter in receivers.

Do you have some tactical mismatch early on that indicates good news for us?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Win the coin toss and accept. Percy Harvin returns the opening kickoff 103 yards for the TD

TruFan23

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2giocc1k said:
Win the coin toss and accept. Percy Harvin returns the opening kickoff 103 yards for the TD
Then force a Bronco three and out and then shove a 75 yd, 7:30 drive down their throats for a TD. :p

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TruFan23":28hp5bzq said:
-The Glove-":28hp5bzq said:
Then force a Bronco three and out and then shove a 75 yd, 7:30 drive down their throats for a TD. :p

Exactamundo!!!!

tdigitee

Reaction score
^^ LOVE this

(but do keep in mind, that even if none of the above awesome things play out early, or things don't look good early on and you start to get anxious, sometimes that is just this Seahawks' team's style. So say to yourself, "hey, it's early", enjoy another beverage, and think back to comebacks in games like Atlanta last year, Houston, TB, the SF playoff game...by that time the Seahawks will have turned things around and/or chipped away at the lead, till Earl picks one off or Harvin has a long catch-and-run to put the good guys back in front to stay)

Boiler

Reaction score
I am very curious about what the Seahawks will do if they win the coin toss. I can see the merits in either decision.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am not predicting how the game goes seriously, I watched far too many 4th quarter come backs, it almost feels so difficult to watch. Definitely learned how to be calm all game and believe.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Boiler":2w9q5jdd said:
I am very curious about what the Seahawks will do if they win the coin toss. I can see the merits in either decision.

It's all about the direction and force of the wind, honestly.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think 7:30 is too short of a drive. While the Hawks are the master of the 7 minute drive, I would like to see some 9 minute drives that milk out every inch of the field. Give Pey-Pey a total of like 14 minutes with the ball :)

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
If Denver wins the toss, they'll also defer.

In that case, I wonder what the odds makers are predicting for the first few plays?

I'm going to guess a couple of Lynch runs right up the gut, and then another Lynch run if it's 3rd and 2 or less.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
They always start with Lynch to the right. In the title game they faked it and Russel fumbled. I'm guessing we go back to old faithful for the Super Bowl. Lynch off tackle to the right. The Broncos probably know this too, so don't expect a big play till second down.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
I've been saving my blowout card all season and I'm going to cash it in for the SB. I want a big, fat, end-of-the-2012-season-style Seattle blowout over Denver. I want multiple Seattle pick-6s. I want multiple Seattle returns for TDs. I want to see Denver make a wheels-off attempt to stop Beast and Percy score five TDs to make them pay. Then when they make a feeble attempt to adjust toward Percy, Beast scores three more. I want to see each of our 'pedestrian' receivers walk into the endzone on easy scores. I want a Seattle 70 - Denver 0 score at halftime. I want to see Peyton embarrassed, humiliated, and picking himself up off the snow slowly all game long.

Axx

Reaction score
What would do it for me is if it was obvious/noticable that the sub 40 degree tempature was affecting peytons game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3do3cecn said:
Win the coin toss and defer.

Force a Bronco three and out and then shove a 75 yd, 7:30 drive down their throats for a TD.

Rinse and repeat.
Would love to see that- no doubt!

Seeker

Reaction score
go up 21 nothing in that weird seahawk way they seem to do sometimes (think Monday night game against the saints this year).

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Anyone remember When the Broncos played the Redskins in the SB? John Elway does, they got off to a real good start in that game, LOL.