Redzone offense

Blitzer88

Reaction score
At Fieldgulls they have an article talking about legitimate and illegitimate concerns for the Hawks come Sunday. The first they talk about is our Redzone offense and some recent trends surrounding it. What I learned is something many of us probably already knew, but, boy does our redzone offense have to get better. Here's a line from the article.

"The Hawks have spent the last three games cultivating a disturbing pattern: they are three times more likely to either kick a field goal or turn the ball over than to score a touchdown in the red zone."

That cannot continue if we want to beat the Broncos.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RW is sacked a LOT in the red zone as of late as well. I think teams have figured out that if they cover Doug, keep someone on #24 in the flat (watch for the wheel route) and blitz, they tend to get home.

Oh, and...

ezgif-save3_zps03c55620.gif

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think the eye test told us that without any analysis.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":2t1njpmo said:
There's the Blitzer we know

Hey now, this is a concern that Fieldgulls brought up and dissected, I just thought it was interesting and though it would be a good point of discussion.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Yes, we have some growing pains with RW, not having a tall receiver like Sidney Rice, Zach Miller being used for blocking and giving the ball to Marshawn as a "given" are the reasons I think personally. Having Percy in the mix should help as long as he does not hit the ground hard or get hurt. When RW is growing, he needs some wide open looks for him to through. He has stopped throwing until he sees there is separation or by the time he waits for a clear lane, he is sacked, or he scrambles and the play gets broken down.

Latest posts