NFL Network color guys predict win if Lynch gets 100+ yards

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
This morning on the NFL Network, the trio of Eric Davis, Lavar Arrington, and Shawne Merriman were all unanimous in predicting a BIG Seattle win if Marshawn Lynch rushes for 100+ yards against Denver. They called Lynch "the key to the game".

I'll take the opinions of actual players over armchair quarterbacks like Jim Rome any day.

Here's the banter from this morning:

==

ED: Who should the Broncos be concerned with stopping more? Wilson or Lynch?

LA: Lynch. I say Marshawn Lynch is the key to the game. It's a cold-weather game, it's cold. If you don't stop Marshawn Lynch, it will give Russell Wilson and the rest of this offense an opportunity to do some things that otherwise I don't believe they'd be able to do.

ED: I'm with you on that. So, I'm just gonna throw this one to you Shawne.

SM: Honestly, I have to agree with Lavar, because everything starts and finishes with Marshawn Lynch. Even though the Broncos did an OK job stopping Blount last week, I don't think (LAUGHS) they're gonna have the same type of job stopping Marshawn. If they can keep him within 75 yards, they have a chance. But if he rushes more than 20-25 times a game, 100+ yards, [the Broncos] have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE AT ALL. And all these talks of the game possibly being a blowout...is highly possible.

LA: Yeah, I agree. If you don't neutralize Marshawn, it could be a LONG day for the Broncos...

ED: Yeah, I think all of us are in agreement on that one.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Hawks record when he does get 100 or more, I'm sure it's damn good. It's who they are, pound the rock, and play good D.

aawolf

Reaction score
We are 10-1 this season when Russell Wilson throws for over 200 yards. He's every bit as important to this game as Lynch.

For comparison sake, we are 5-2 when he does not throw for over 200 yards.

Its more important that he throw for over 200 yards than it is that Lynch gets over 100 rushing.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
aawolf":2cvnpukf said:
We are 10-1 this season when Russell Wilson throws for over 200 yards. He's every bit as important to this game as Lynch.

For comparison sake, we are 5-2 when he does not throw for over 200 yards.

Its more important that he throw for over 200 yards than it is that Lynch gets over 100 rushing.

How about both!!!!
..and I'll add 2 picks & 4 sacks by the DEF....

Sounds like a winning recipe to me. :mrgreen: