Rapoport: "When the Broncos score 35 pts on this Seahawks D"

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Anyone catch that comment a few minutes ago on NFL Network? They were debating who the best offense of all time is and Rapoport had to throw that little nugget out.

Hah. Ok, Ian. :thirishdrinkers:

Broncos offense is awesome, no question. I respect them immensely. They are not scoring 35 points against our defense, especially in those conditions.

Polaris

Reaction score
No one has scored 35 on Seattle all year. Also ever since RW has been the starter, Seattle has not lost a game by more than 7.

I am also very curious to know how Denver is supposed to score 35 on the best D in the NFL when they only managed an average of 25 against the Chargers and Pats (at home no less) that had much weaker defenses.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
I don't think he meant that as a prediction, I think he was stipulating what the requirement would be for them on Sunday to be justly considered the best O of all time.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I think Denver will put some points on the board against us, but so will the Seahawks offence and I think the play of the Hawks special teams could be the difference with some nice returns by Percy and Golden. Seahawks 30 Denver 27.

Cartire

Reaction score
It's like no one watched there last two playoff games where they played against mediocre D's and couldn't score in the 30's. But then all of a sudden against the #1 D they've got 35 no problem.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":szq1noov said:
I don't think he meant that as a prediction, I think he was stipulating what the requirement would be for them on Sunday to be justly considered the best O of all time.

Then he should've said "IF"

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Indy scored 34 on us and their offense isn't as good as Denver. Just saying.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Polaris":1rx1q6cn said:
No one has scored 35 on Seattle all year. Also ever since RW has been the starter, Seattle has not lost a game by more than 7.

I am also very curious to know how Denver is supposed to score 35 on the best D in the NFL when they only managed an average of 25 against the Chargers and Pats (at home no less) that had much weaker defenses.

Exactly. Nobody bothers to look up the track record of our defense. It's not hype. One team scored 30+ this year - the Colts, in their dome, aided by a terrible missed TD call on a blocked punt recovery, a Colts TD on a blocked field goal, and an extremely rare coverage breakdown on the long TD to Hilton.

Other than that, there's a reason they have led the league in fewest points allowed the last 2 seasons.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2q3chduh said:

7 of which game on a blocked FG return.

Game was indoors too

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
dopeboy206":n8dzahis said:

Outlier. Indoors, blocked field goal return TD, extremely rare coverage breakdown on the long Hilton TD.

We have led the league in fewest points allowed last 2 seasons. Just saying.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
dopeboy206":dukrb83g said:

Indy's offense didn't even get to 30, either. A special teams TD was the difference in that game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":jf3ssv3j said:
dopeboy206":jf3ssv3j said:

Indy's offense didn't even get to 30, either. A special teams TD was the difference in that game.

Yep.. that and IMO.. awful officiating taking a TD off the board and calling it a safety as well.

The Colts were a pretty damn good team at the time we played them as well. They destroyed SF in SF and beat Denver.

But really that game means as much now as our preseason game against Denver.

davidonmi

Reaction score
wow, you really need to start a thread on what rappaport says? Rap is a reporter, not really an analyst

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No way they get that many points unless the Seahawk offense is coughing it up and giving the donks a short field several times.

Polaris

Reaction score
Also add in that Indy could attack our secondary in ways that Denver can't. That doesn't make Indy a better offense, but it does make them a bit of a different one and one we didn't match up with as well.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
Polaris":1smrg9rq said:
Also ever since RW has been the starter, Seattle has not lost a game by more than 7.

Actually its been November of 2011 since the Hawks have lost by more than 7. That's 44 games, including the playoffs. The Hawks are 32-12 over that stretch and the 12 losses were by a combined 52 points...4.3 points per loss.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
davidonmi":29b6j23u said:
wow, you really need to start a thread on what rappaport says? Rap is a reporter, not really an analyst

And yet you decided to come into this thread and post. Hmmm....

Next time, find another thread. Or go take a bath, whatever.

This forum features a really convenient feature known as a topic subject line. It is your friend. Use it, wisely...its not complicated.

Latest posts