Kenny Easley on KIRO (Highlights Recapped)

kidhawk

Reaction score
They just said on KIRO that they would have an interview with him at 5pm. I haven't heard much from him publicly in a long time. I'm looking forward to it

[urltargetblank]http://player.originpull.cdn.liquidcompass.net/KIROAM[/urltargetblank]

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Oooh. Intriguing!

What is the current "status" of his relationship with the Hawks organization? I know there was bad, bad blood for a long, long time, but I seem to remember that some of that has been finally repaired a bit. I suspect the interview won't be digging too deeply into the muck. Anyone have much insight?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm sure Hawkstorian can add more, but there was bad blood, but they did repair the relationship a few years back. You don't really hear much about Easley nowadays, so I am really looking forward to this interview, even if it ends up being mostly a fluff piece

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said his daughter graduated in the same high school class as Chancellor did. Really likes our safeties and the way they play with attitude. Comparing older players sizes now. Talking about how the biggest players back then were like 270 and you can't find linemen that size anymore across the league. Said Keith Butler was their heaviest linebacker weighing 220 and Kam would be 15 pounds bigger than that. Kenny said he would have been a better free safety and had played it all his life until coming to the NFL. Seattle saw his size and toughness and moved him to Strong Safety. Said in hindsight he wished he'd complained about that but he didn't. Said he regrets that he didn't get to play Free Safety and he could have really dominated. Said he doesn't believe he dominated the way he could have dominated had he been a FS instead of a SS.

On to the super bowl match up....Starts saying he wishes it was warmer...said it will be interesting how the best offense and best defense do against each other (said ours is one of the best and theirs may be THE best). Thinks they can be a great match up to watch and enjoy particularly if it were in a warmer environment.

Says it would be difficult to for him to play today because he'd be fined all the time the way he played. Actually called some of the rules against the defense "unfair"

Asked about his relationship with the organization...said he'd say it's good. The Seahawks invited him and his family to the game this weekend (He isn't paying). Said he has a pass to go to practices, team meetings etc. He reiterated the relationship is pretty good.

Said when he reconciled with the team it was after new management and he said it was a good thing to get over with. He basically said that after Paul Allen bought the team and they reached out to him, it was the proper thing to do (reconcile)

Fondest memories of the seahawks? Playing in the AFC Divisional game beating the Dolphins to go to the AFCCG against the raiders. Said we had lots of good games against the AFC West. Said he wished Dave Brown and Pete Gross would have been really good.

More on Pete Gross...said he was one of his favorite people. Met him the first day when he was drafted. Pete welcomed him to Seattle that day and made himself available to him. Said it really made an impact that this virtual stranger made such an offer. Always held him in the highest regard. The only thing that would make this weekend better would be if Dave Brown and Pete Gross were there to enjoy it with him.

Said he thinks the key is running the ball effectively and he doesn't see how Denver can play with Seattle because both offensive and defensive lines are much more physical. Add on Seattle's secondary and it should be very interesting. Said Manning had the most prolific offensive season in history so the DB's will be challenged. If the front group can't get in Manning's face it could get very interesting. Thinks seattle wins by 15 or more points.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Kenny says the Hawks win by 15. :th2thumbs:
I didn't think I could love the guy anymore. :)
Gave much love to the late Dave Brown, and the late Pete Gross and wished those 2 could see THIS team in the Super Bowl. This guy is as cool as the other side of the pillow! :)

Edit: Kidhawk is a faster typer than I am ;)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1pzr8afo said:
Kenny says the Hawks win by 15. :th2thumbs:
I didn't think I could love the guy anymore. :)
Gave much love to the late Dave Brown, and the late Pete Gross and wished those 2 could see THIS team in the Super Bowl. This guy is as cool as the other side of the pillow! :)

Edit: Kidhawk is a faster typer than I am ;)

I'm not actually doing any work today so I was typing while he was talking :lol:

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a replica Jersey of Kenny? I can only find signed ones on Ebay, but would like to buy one and wear it in Public just to be different.

drdiags

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1q5sk8x1 said:
Does anyone know where I can get a replica Jersey of Kenny? I can only find signed ones on Ebay, but would like to buy one and wear it in Public just to be different.

The Ness folks claimed they couldn't make a Authentic Easley like they have of Largent and Alexander because they couldn't get the rights. I did find one at one of the shops around the CLink. Glad to hear Kenny has gotten back in good stead with the team. Would have loved to see him play Free Safety.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
ludakrishna":qf9v3doe said:
I had a couple made in Korea

Shaz

Reaction score
I have an Easley Jersey, got it off of Amazon and it was very hard to find

My favorite sports jersey ever

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks so much for breaking that down KidHawk. Great stuff and Easley confirmed several things I suspected. About him, about the team and about the game in general. The man was a football God and needs to be in Canton.

Skeeve

Reaction score
Kenneth Mason Easley, Jr. (born January 15, 1959).

This may seem to be in poor taste but Kenny isn't that old and his short term memory seems to be failing. I would guess he was concussed often with his fierce tackling and punt return duties. This is why the NFL needs to take care of these guys by making sure the concussion money goes to players and not just lawyers.

Drank many a beer to Kenny and his hard hits back in the day, wish him well.

His last game was with the Hawks was in that crazy Houston playoff game where Fredd got "the interception that wasn't".