Bring on the draft

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Is anybody else feeling kind of worn out of watching this season unfold? I'm wondering after seeing Thursdays game with so many 9ers fans in the Clink.

I've looked at this season as a repeat of 2011 and I'll be honest, I was pretty much burnt out after PC failed to resign Hass and barely paid attention to much of that season.

Looking back there was massive growth going on. We had the beginnings of the legion and Marshawn. But like I said, I wasn't really paying attention and I doubt anyone could really see it back then for what it became. But I've spent this season keeping an eye on our rookies watching as they develop, hoping to catch a glimmer of what I may have missed before.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Is anybody else feeling kind of worn out of watching this season unfold? I'm wondering after seeing Thursdays game with so many 9ers fans in the Clink.

I've looked at this season as a repeat of 2011 and I'll be honest, I was pretty much burnt out after PC failed to resign Hass and barely paid attention to much of that season.

Looking back there was massive growth going on. We had the beginnings of the legion and Marshawn. But like I said, I wasn't really paying attention and I doubt anyone could really see it back then for what it became. But I've spent this season keeping an eye on our rookies watching as they develop, hoping to catch a glimmer of what I may have missed before.

The comparison to 2011 is very accurate.

The only difference is that with the 2011 club, they got better as the year progressed. The opposite is true with this team, as their fundamentals continue to regress week after week.

In 2011 I remember how much better their tackling got. Earl was coming into his own, KJ was becoming a great tackler next to Hawthorne, Sherman and Chancellor were doing their thing. The LOB was born. Lynch was doing work. Overall I felt more hopefully for the 2011 team because they finished strong.

This team continues to show poor fundamentals, the coaches appear confused and lost.

Other than that, yes, the rookie class does rival the 2011 class so far, and I hope they find a way to get a signature win here before the end of the season so they have something to hang their hat on and build on this off-season.

Overall, this team lacks any real identity.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. So giving up on the team and being "burnt out" is your thing. Congrats
I'm just calling it how I see it. This team lacks heart. Something the 2011 team had. If the players don't care, why should we? It looks like they're sleepwalking out there at times as of late.

I'll always root for the Seahawks. I really hope a couple of guys dig deep and help this team out in the last 3 games.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m still stoked. I predicted a 5 win season. While I don’t think we’re going far if we get into the playoffs, I feel like we’ve already “won” this season.

We’ve exceed expectations. Beat Denver at home. We’ve witnessed the emergence of Geno Smith. We found some draft diamonds in the rough. Our outstanding class of rookies have made great progress.

While I wasn’t confident in PC before, I feel as if he will make the necessary adjustments…pointing at Defense here.

A lot hinges on this next draft. Nothing will dampen my spirits more than not drafting heavily on Defense. A nice solid, no cute experiments over an overwhelming consensus, etc.

Patience and enjoying the ride!

Rat

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's a long season, but it does feel like the energy is waning. I'm not giving up on them, but I'm kind of suspecting we'll be seeing this team finish the year looking more like the version who lost to the Panthers than the one that looked like a conference contender against the Chargers.

Fun season for sure though. And we're going to landing a high draft pick for a different reason than I expected.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Too many decades of looooong off seasons to ever wish mid season away.

Sounds dumb but I ask myself how much cash would I pay to watch a freah seahawk game during the offseason...the number gets pretty high.

The only time that truly pains me is the post season when the Seahawks aren't in it. Ugh, I hate every second! I won't watch those crap games!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
bad defense sucks all the fun out of the games for me, that's where I thought we would see the most improvement. Instead, we get a complete shitshow meltdown every week where the players look lost, listless and checked out. Getting run on is as demoralizing to watch, as it is for the defense to live it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just the odd duck out here, but I'm not ready for the draft yet. I enjoy the games (even back when we weren't competitive) every week. I didn't expect us to be competitive this year, so I've watched each game while keeping that in mind. I will say I am surprised that our defense hasn't come along further, but every week, I go into the game looking for competitive game. I have mostly been getting just that week in and week out (with the obvious exceptions). The year has 52 weeks, and we are only guaranteed 17 weeks of competitive football. I will continue to enjoy this regular season until we are no longer playing. There is plenty of time in the off season to get hyped for free agency and (this year especially) the draft.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Playing around with the PFF MDS, here's my picks (No trades).

Pff mock results 2

Last edited:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Go watch that long run-after-catch TD by Kittle last week. Then try to tell us with a straight face that these dudes are totally dialed in.

No way does Kam Chancellor let Kittle score one let alone two TD's like that.

cymatica

Reaction score
The comparison to 2011 is very accurate.

The only difference is that with the 2011 club, they got better as the year progressed. The opposite is true with this team, as their fundamentals continue to regress week after week.

In 2011 I remember how much better their tackling got. Earl was coming into his own, KJ was becoming a great tackler next to Hawthorne, Sherman and Chancellor were doing their thing. The LOB was born. Lynch was doing work. Overall I felt more hopefully for the 2011 team because they finished strong.

This team continues to show poor fundamentals, the coaches appear confused and lost.

Other than that, yes, the rookie class does rival the 2011 class so far, and I hope they find a way to get a signature win here before the end of the season so they have something to hang their hat on and build on this off-season.

Overall, this team lacks any real identity.
This. In 2011 the online consistently had good run blocking. They looked like they were turning into a smash mouth team. I remember the hyped up "all star" Eagles team that they just pounded into the ground on Monday night. The team as a whole looked like they were building towards something special and had a tough mentality.

Fast forward to now. Offense can't run block. Defense can't stop the run and don't look like they'll figure it out anytime soon. Teams are doing to us what we did to them into 2011-2012 with the run game. They just look soft on both sides of the ball and it doesn't look like they'll be a power house in the next couple years and I have no faith in Pete figuring it out.

OP
OP
H

Hawk4life

Reaction score
I'm just calling it how I see it. This team lacks heart. Something the 2011 team had. If the players don't care, why should we? It looks like they're sleepwalking out there at times as of late.

I'll always root for the Seahawks. I really hope a couple of guys dig deep and help this team out in the last 3 games.
I was 100% behind the Russ trade but I still can't understand why we let Wagz go? I understand that we saved $16 million but can't help but wonder how his presence as defensive captain would have affected the development of our defense and maintained our "heart" and identity.

I think it was a major mistake cutting Bobby who was well worth the money.