sorry Raible, I miss Pete Gross

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
I know there is lots of love for the guy, being an original Seahawk and all, but I always cringe at his radio broadcasts.
Not descriptive enough. Leaves too much info out. Maybe he can't process fast enough like my man Pete Gross used to.

I want to hear as many details as possible.

Most of his plays leave a truck load of information out that I fill in.

Great guy, decent football player. I would love to have him as a color guy and get someone in that can tell me MORE of whats going on when I can't see it for myself.

GO HAWKS!

seahawksny

Reaction score
I missed Blackburn even though Calabro was amazing. Two different styles.
same thing here. I miss Gross too, but love Raible

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think you are going to be pretty lonely on this bandwagon. Raible is fantastic! No one calls a big play better

Msfann

Reaction score
SeatownJay":jy1a1lzi said:
I miss Gross as well, but Raible is a good announcer in his own right.

This.

There's no reason why we have to compare one over the other. both are/were great!

OP
OP
D

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1bofloya said:
No one calls a big play better

Big plays I'll give him that, but as far as 99% of the rest of the game - he just leaves too much out.

sutz

Reaction score
I didnt have TV for a couple of years. Listened on the radio. Now that I have TV, I miss Raible. :)

Unfortunately, I was out of state for most of Seahawk history, and never heard Pete Gross live that I can recall. :(

Media announcers have a way of defining their teams. I've heard a few of the greats, in all sports. I lived in SoCal for many years, and I admired Vin Scully for his work.

For me, Raible matches and reflects the energy of the team on the field and the fans in the crowd. Listening to him, I sometimes forgot we were playing on the road becsuse he took that with him. I guess he could put out more details, but that's just X's and O's.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bob Blackburn was the voice of the Sonics for a very long time and many thought he could never be replaced. Enter Kevin Calabro. Pete was taken before his time and was Mr Seahawk, Steve has done a admirable job, but replacing a local Icon is never easy. Dave Niehaus for the Mariners is the Seahawks Pete Gross, will take a generation for people to get over what he brought to the Mariners.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
Pete was the best, but after the drought of announcers we had to suffer through after Pete, Raible is pretty good,...him being a Hawk himself,.... well, I like him for the job,...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I like Raibs a lot, but miss Pete badly. He has the best seat in the house though. :)

crucifyd

Reaction score
if you never heard Pete call a game...you missed out...

OP
OP
D

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
crucifyd":93jjqsta said:
if you never heard Pete call a game...you missed out...

Amen Cru, amen.

I also agree with Blackburn. Great announcer, and Kevin? 'Nuff said!

GO HAWKS!