Ian Rappaport says Seahawks will sign Michael Bennett

drrew

Reaction score
Running on the ticker just a second ago:

"Seahawks will resign Michael Bennett".....no caveats, no wants to or expects to...just that he will be resigned.

If this happens, what a great start to this championship offseason!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
How could they not? Another season of him and Avril? Urine just dribbled down every O-lineman's pants.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Great but also need Sherman, ET, Tate,baldwin to name a few and next year RW

w00t

Reaction score
We definitely need to re-sign him.

nategreat

Reaction score
Anthony!":2d6tncas said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but today after the game I heard ET say that the LOB is going to stay together for a LONG time. I'm sure they've discussed their plans for staying together in Seattle, and I'm sure they've discussed the fact that it may be hard to keep them all there due to financial reasons. So for him to nonchalantly say this leads me to believe they REALLY must love the situation they are in, in Seattle and with the LOB. A true family.

And to stay on subject, re-signing Michael Bennett would be great news! I love hearing this. Seattle is the destination to be.

mikeak

Reaction score
Anyone hear his brothers (TE - bears) interview in Ciwherd show. You could tell that the Seattle team was special. It was a great listen think it was in Friday. Anthony have props for how a cohesive unit the whole Seattle team was, how they hang out all the time as friends etc

At some point quality of life becomes the most important thing as long as money is in the right ballpark

Now if you save $300k on 10 players then you keep your kicker for "free"

Huge value to the family that PC & Schneider is building

Decimation

Reaction score
I really hope so. We're going to need him again next year for another run!

The Outfield

Reaction score
Martellus had fun interviewing with the Seattle media this week. It would be cool if he came here as well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
We've got 3 years to re- sign Wilson. We can talk about it next year, but he has a 4 year deal and we can tag him the 5th.

gargantual

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so quick to assume he'll be resigned. I heard him say in an interview that he had to do what's best for his family (which might mean $$$).

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to keep him, but tough roster decisions are coming starting next year.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Great news if true. I think Tate is gone unless he takes a small contract. Is it just me or did he really not do anything all playoffs? IMO Kearse and Baldwin were the best WRs we had

Seanhawk

Reaction score
There were several "reports" from Rappaport on the ticker. One saying extending Earl was their first priority of the offseason, another saying they can wait a year for Sherman, and the Bennett one. This was all immediately after the game. Do you you think Schneider and Pete ran up to him after the game, during the celebration, and said "hey Ian, here's our offseason plan"? Sounds like 100% speculation to me.

Hawks46

Reaction score
nategreat":f42gmgll said:
Anthony!":f42gmgll said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but today after the game I heard ET say that the LOB is going to stay together for a LONG time. I'm sure they've discussed their plans for staying together in Seattle, and I'm sure they've discussed the fact that it may be hard to keep them all there due to financial reasons. So for him to nonchalantly say this leads me to believe they REALLY must love the situation they are in, in Seattle and with the LOB. A true family.

And to stay on subject, re-signing Michael Bennett would be great news! I love hearing this. Seattle is the destination to be.

Earl might be speaking for himself, but he starting out making good money. It's been speculated that he won't require too much more money than he's already making. I want to say his rookie contract was in the neighborhood of 60 mil.

Sherm is going to make a good amount more, but if they restructure or release Rice, Clemmons, and Red Bryant that should be enough money to lock up Sherm, Bennett and Wilson (if they don't all go for max contracts).

I'm actually starting to worry about Maxwell. Isn't this his 3rd year ? If he plays like this next year, he's going to cost a lot as well.

mikeak

Reaction score
There is NO WAY Sherman doesn't get paid this coming year

I don't care what the contract says - he will get paid