Very tough choice for MVP

cboom

Reaction score
If you didn't see the game and just saw the score you would assume the QB would have been the MVP. I'm glad I wasn't the one that had to make that call. There wasn't really one guy that stood out way above the others. Smith was very worthy, but Harvin, Wilson, Kearse, among others could have gotten the nod as well. That is a real testament to what kind of a game this team played!

sutz

Reaction score
Avril and Kam were in the mix on D also. Like you said, tough choice on what was VERY, VERY much a team win.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Smith isn't a horrible choice, but personally I would have thought Avril or Kam for MVP.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought an MVP was impossible to give. I kind of wanted them to give it to Pete Carroll, though I know that the award "must" go to a player.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
This was truly a team effort. Too bad they couldn't give it to the 12th man to represent the entire team..... I just have this feeling like we were all there in spirit...

OP
OP
C

cboom

Reaction score
Shock2k":pupsi5fw said:
Am I the only one that thought an MVP was impossible to give. I kind of wanted them to give it to Pete Carroll, though I know that the award "must" go to a player.

Would have been really cool to see them buck the trend and say there was no way to pick an MVP and say the Seattle Seahawks were the MVP. But I guess the Lombardi trophy pretty much covers that! That said Smith was as deserving as anybody else. And he handled getting it with all the class in the world.

Seafan

Reaction score
That really defines this TEAM doesn't it. What a statement. That's why they are going to be good for a long time.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
I called Smith the MVP at halftime. Honorable mentions were Cam Chancellor and the entire defense.

But the award needs to go to one guy, and Smith was a great choice. His Pick 6 sealed the deal, not unlike his INT of Kaepernick's tipped pass to Crabtree. Great to see him earn this acknowledgement, especially after his name fell off the radar the moment Sherman's "LOB" interview went viral.

What a great guy. Didn't realize he was so big until he did the sit-down interview with Rich Eisen & Crew. He'll need all that extra room in his new white Chevy Silverado Pickup.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Very happy for Malcolm. I think his pick six and fumble recovery are a SB record, so that may be what put him on top as the MVP. They could have picked a lot of guys. Great team win!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I have no problem with Smith winning this. He sealed the game with the pick six, picked up another fumble and sealed the game against the 49ers as well with the int. Sherman tipped it but smith was there to get it

Reaneypark

Reaction score
John Schnieder is the true MVP, what an incredible team he has assembled!

And I'm cool with Smith getting it. There's something to be said for being in the right place in the right time and finishing the play.

NinjaKixx

Reaction score
I thought it clearly belonged to Avril. He forced some terrible throws and was in Pey Pey's face all night. Didn't he even tip the pick 6?