You know what makes this even sweeter?

Crizilla

Reaction score
The niners havent won it yet lol 3 straight years of coming so close. If they won last year or the previous years, this title wouldn't have that extra extra icing on the cake.

BamKam

Reaction score
It's funny, Niner fans are trying to knock this win still. Even though all they talk about is how the Super Bowl is the only game that matters and they have won a bunch of Super Bowls and the Super Bowl is what counts. Super Bowl.

Zowert

Reaction score
Come to think of it, yes, yes it does sweet'n the victory even more.

I thought this 49ers fan I happen to work with would have been silent on Monday morning. Nope. First thing he says when he sees me after the Hawks SB win; "Congrats.. One ring, four more to go."

Yeah... Really, dude..??

Wartooth

Reaction score
Slapping the 9er's down to get to the Superb Owl just makes this all the more sweeter!
Knowing that Krap is so focused on 'US', that he has to slink out, and whine about it during Super Bowl hype week is so great!
I can't wait to watch Krap die slow next year in Seattle, I hope it is the opening game!

CHAMPIONS!!! GO HAWKS!!!

Lady Talon

Reaction score
What makes me laugh is how many of them assume that they'd have ripped the Broncos to the tune of 43-8 just like we did.

Kaepernick had a field day ripping us running the ball, and he still ended up with 3 clutch turnovers in the 4th quarter. One week they're telling me losing Bowman probably would have lost them the game against Denver, two weeks later it's yeah we would have humiliated them at an equal (but probably better) rate. Their strength was not in their secondary and Peyton would have abused it even in a losing effort.

They may have won if the roles were reversed, but I can't see half the country changing the channel at halftime for lack of a competitive game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lady Talon":qzej7yg5 said:
What makes me laugh is how many of them assume that they'd have ripped the Broncos to the tune of 43-8 just like we did.

Kaepernick had a field day ripping us running the ball, and he still ended up with 3 clutch turnovers in the 4th quarter. One week they're telling me losing Bowman probably would have lost them the game against Denver, two weeks later it's yeah we would have humiliated them at an equal (but probably better) rate. Their strength was not in their secondary and Peyton would have abused it even in a losing effort.

They may have won if the roles were reversed, but I can't see half the country changing the channel at halftime for lack of a competitive game.

Yeah I laugh at this notion too.. the Niners secondary pales in comparison to the Seahawks secondary as well. Peyton and the Bronco offense would have been much more successful in that game

The Denver defense though, I don't know how well they would have fared. That D was smoke and mirrors all season.

otter

Reaction score
You know what I would say to 49er fans when they bring up the 5 SB wins, just point out to them that we have the LAST SB win. Not 5 from 20 years ago.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Denver's D was Laughable.
When the experts tried convincing themselves all week that, that defense would be enough...
I laughed out loud, it was lazy on the part of the media football guys to rag on our offense, considering the teams we were playing.
We all knew that if we played a less than top 10 defense, we would get rolling.
And we did!
Our defense is legendary, our offense is the best it's ever been!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

GO HAWKS!

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I always pull this out in situations analogous to this one-You are only as good as your last performance.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I tell the whiner trolls the same thing I tell cowpatties trolls. "Let's at least keep the Lombardi talk to THIS CENTURY!"

Nobody cares about antique Lombardi's when no one on your CURRENT TEAM had any hand in winning them. The NFL doesn't award you "extra wins" in the current season based on past trophies, just like they wont give Seattle any "extra wins" next year for this year's Lombardi. Past trophies are an irrelevant factor once a new season starts, Dallas and SF fans really seem to struggle grasping that concept.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Maybe the league should move the Niners to the AFC west so they can brag how cool they are to someone who cares. I can hear it now. "we have as many rings as the Broncos do losses in the Superbowl"! They deserve each other.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
2nd best team in the NFL... i believe that.

"2nd" best though. and thats it.

They'll have to wait until next year.

Looking across the landscape of the NFC at the moment, I dont see another team than could come into Seattle or San Fran and win a playoff game. San Fran's biggest issue is that the coach and QB continue to make mistakes when the game is on the line.

Ruminator

Reaction score
San Francisco hosts Super Bowl L in two years. Imagine Seattle representing the NFC in it. For San Francisco, it would be like having to tolerate a much-disliked in-law in their brand new house for a week. For us, it would particularly sweet forcing the whole city to endure our continuing dominance in the league.

hawker84

Reaction score
Eh I believe it goes both ways, we now see how hard it is to get one, we now see how precious it is to have. I lived through 37 of the most emotional years sportswise of my life to obtain our first one. This SB victory will always be precious to me 20 years down the road i'll always reflect to this first one.

So yes i agree, when talking x's and o's and who's going to win the next game or division or conference next season, that's not the time to be bringing up SB victories from years past, but i have to admit i now have a new found respect and for the SF,DAL and Pittsburgh fans of the world who actually were around to see the first championship. Still hate em, but i can now see where they're coming from. JMO

Wizofwest

Reaction score
The 49ers were in the 2012 Super Bowl....

They couldn't even beat Baltimore, which had the 16th ranked offense by total yards and were the 10th best scoring offense. They gave up 34 points in the Super Bowl...THIRTY-FOUR!!!! What makes them think they were going to hold the #1 offense in every category down. Come on 9ers. Your defense consistenly comes up short.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't concern myself with fans of lesser teams meaning they are lesser than me, so I don't care about them or their fans

Jac

Reaction score
One of the common defense mechanisms I see on their board is effectively "just wait until they have to start paying their players". But, ironically, they have to pay their QB first given that Kaepernick is in the last year of his contract. Some of their other talent is getting older, which means they have to draft well. They have alot of picks this year, but the draftniks would have to tell me if they've been using them well. Their 2012 draft was terrible, and their 2013 draft is so far an "incomplete" (due to injury and not cracking the lineup over vets).