Schadenfreude (Denver Sports Radio)

Basis4day

Reaction score
I like to listen to Sports Radio Podcasts from the city we are scheduled to play leading up to and after a game. I enjoy an outsiders perspective.

This station has a good podcast system, similar to 710.

For some real rage, check out Big Al and D-Mac.

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Barthawk":rpzt90ys said:
Aren't these the same guys that said last week they would take their DBs over ours?

I believe so.

Axx

Reaction score
glad many bronco fans are waking up to the fact that Manning IS the team.
Without manning this team is nothing

Laloosh

Reaction score
Basis4day":1tww2t1f said:
I like to listen to Sports Radio Podcasts from the city we are scheduled to play leading up to and after a game. I enjoy an outsiders perspective.

This station has a good podcast system, similar to 710.

For some real rage, check out Big Al and D-Mac.

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/

Thanks for this, I do the same.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
No problem. AZ Sports radio had some good coverage. They seemed excited based on NFC dominance.

Polaris

Reaction score
Basis4day":9svscc8a said:
No problem. AZ Sports radio had some good coverage. They seemed excited based on NFC dominance.

Actually (esp in Arizona), it seems like we are seeing some SEC-like "NFCW Rules" attitude.

Jac

Reaction score
I happened to skim to the 29:00 (to go) minute mark on the first podcast, and Big Al empatically said it would have been a different result with their defense healthy. Coincidentally, I skimmed to another part of one of the other podcasts and he said that the front-7 did their job.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
LOL, some of the Bronco fans are blaming the loss on Namath screwing up the coin toss. Really?

Let me ask you this Bronco fans, had the Broncos won the toss, do you think they would have deferred? Broncos would have absolutely taken the ball first (and proceed to chuck up the snap into the endzone for a safety).

Penman96

Reaction score
I'm listening to it live now! They are trying to piece together what happened. They are still astounded.

They are saying the Broncos looked frightened, not ready for the SB. Peyton jammed because he's getting old and nervous, same with Welker. Seatlle didn't have that concern, being so young. They were loose and confident. Seattle's first TD was the game changer, once it was 15 - 0 the Seahawks sideline though that was enough points to win, and they pinned their ears back and came after Manning

Laloosh

Reaction score
Only thing I don't like about these guys is that neither of them seem to know anything about football. (and if it's me saying that, it means they know less than I do and that is BAD)

Talking about Manning being the one who failed. 34/49?! That's a 69% completion rate in the Super Bowl. He took what the defense game him, which was virtually NOTHING lol.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Penman96":3rqqi4u2 said:
I'm listening to it live now! They are trying to piece together what happened. They are still astounded.

They are saying the Broncos looked frightened, not ready for the SB. Peyton jammed because he's getting old and nervous, same with Welker. Seatlle didn't have that concern, being so young. They were loose and confident. Seattle's first TD was the game changer, once it was 15 - 0 the Seahawks sideline though that was enough points to win, and they pinned their ears back and came after Manning
Yeah buttttttttt, Manning already had Super Bowl experience and that was his edge over these greenhorns.
I wonder if he's still "Proud Of All His DUCKS" :16:

Penman96

Reaction score
Oh good - Elway / Fox are coming out to face the media next. End of season presser. This should be good - I'm expecting a lot of accolades here :)

Penman96

Reaction score
Fox is talking about QB's like Wilson, Newton, and Kaep - young and athletic (and he inferred cheap). Said it's a trend in league

Physical miss-match - preseason and SB.

Polaris

Reaction score
Jac":3m69z67m said:
I happened to skim to the 29:00 (to go) minute mark on the first podcast, and Big Al empatically said it would have been a different result with their defense healthy. Coincidentally, I skimmed to another part of one of the other podcasts and he said that the front-7 did their job.

Yeah, I caught that. Even his cohost clearly thought that D-Mac was smoking the sticky-icky when he said that (about how Denver's front 7 did a good job).

The one thing Denver did well was to stuff the run. That they did do quite well. So did New Orleans in that MNF game. The results were similiar.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
What happened to Denver in SB48 is what happened in 21, 22, and 24. A great and talented quarterback surrounded by good but not great talent, facing a dynamic and hungry team on the other side of the ball. Giants in 21, Redskins in 22, 49ers in 24, now Seahawks in 48 ... teams that are the complete package. And in this corner, one man (John Elway x3, Peyton Manning) and a bunch of guys he made look good in the regular but were not ready for prime time.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Polaris":10l6zvjx said:
Jac":10l6zvjx said:

Yeah, I caught that. Even his cohost clearly thought that D-Mac was smoking the sticky-icky when he said that (about how Denver's front 7 did a good job).

The one thing Denver did well was to stuff the run. That they did do quite well. So did New Orleans in that MNF game. The results were similiar.

The problem is if you devote some extra personnel to stop the run Wilson is likely going to shred you if you aren't an elite defense.

Jac

Reaction score
Penman96":1f18xpr9 said:
Fox is talking about QB's like Wilson, Newton, and Kaep - young and athletic (and he inferred cheap). Said it's a trend in league

That's a couple of odd couple statements from Fox (although true) because that would be an indictment of the team Elway built.

Polaris

Reaction score
bigtrain21":yy09es04 said:
Polaris":yy09es04 said:
Jac":yy09es04 said:

The problem is if you devote some extra personnel to stop the run Wilson is likely going to shred you if you aren't an elite defense.

I know that. You know that. Denver apparently didn't have a clue..... Watch the AFCCG. Didn't everyone SEE all that Green Grass in front of Brady (and if there is a QB less mobile than Peyton it's Brady)? Man oh man....

Polaris

Reaction score
Jac":o4nibr9j said:
Penman96":o4nibr9j said:

That's a couple of odd couple statements from Fox (although true) because that would be an indictment of the team Elway built.

Yeah I know. Remember that Fox's background is fairly similiar to Pete's (Secondary Coach). I think Fox is very subtely trying to tell Elway something.....