We're on the list

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Just looking at this page and it is awesome to be a part of this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions

A couple things stood out to me:

-We now have the same Super Bowl record (1-1) as the Chicago Bears. That is an iconic franchise that has been around a lot longer than us.

-We have also won as many Super Bowls as the Jets, Bucs, Saints, and Rams.

-We have won more Super Bowls than the Vikings, Bills, Bengals, Eagles, Chargers, Falcons, Titans, Panthers, Cardinals, Browns, Lions, Jaguars, and Texans.

-This one win took us forever from being one of those teams that is on the bottom to "the list".

-We will forever live in a world where the Seahawks are Super Bowl champions. That will never be undone.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
HawkFan72":39oajfs5 said:
Just looking at this page and it is awesome to be a part of this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions

A couple things stood out to me:

-We now have the same Super Bowl record (1-1) as the Chicago Bears. That is an iconic franchise that has been around a lot longer than us.

-We have also won as many Super Bowls as the Jets, Bucs, Saints, and Rams.

-We have won more Super Bowls than the Vikings, Bills, Bengals, Eagles, Chargers, Falcons, Titans, Panthers, Cardinals, Browns, Lions, Jaguars, and Texans.

-This one win took us forever from being one of those teams that is on the bottom to "the list".

-We will forever live in a world where the Seahawks are Super Bowl champions. That will never be undone.

29 views and no comments? For shame.. Im a big wikigeek.. cant sleep? I get my learn on.. Ive read about so many legends, serial killers (hahahaha), dead celebrities, medical anamolies and yes, even the superbowl winners.. Now that I can read about that AND see the Seahawks mentioned I have to say Im very proud. Im a bit of a homer though, I love the city, the climate and everything about Seattle.. I still like seeing the city used in movies and television shows, mentioned in songs and in the national media.

Basically, I love this! Finally baby!!! FINALLY!!!!

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
They can never take this from us. They'll have to edit the entry though...when we win the next one.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":2tej494e said:
They can never take this from us. They'll have to edit the entry though...when we win the next one.

Yep, we can only keep climbing up the list of "number of appearances". We will never go back to the winless category.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Is one of them Legends the Legion of Boom? Enjoy this day...and hope for many more to come.

dbmack

Reaction score
I'm a wikigeek too. I have looked up several players just to see "NFC Champion (2013)" and "Super Bowl champion (XLVIII)" under their list of career highlights and awards. For some of them, that is all they have. Of course, Malcom Smith has "Super Bowl MVP (XLVIII)" too. :D

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I've been reading all the people trying to marginalize this defense in relation to the 85 Bears and 2000 Ravens today. Did either of them drop the most prolific offense in the history of Professional football like a bad habit? Not saying were better than either of those teams, just making the point that this team belongs in the conversation for greatest defense in history!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":19rsbb7y said:
I've been reading all the people trying to marginalize this defense in relation to the 85 Bears and 2000 Ravens today. Did either of them drop the most prolific offense in the history of Professional football like a bad habit? Not saying were better than either of those teams, just making the point that this team belongs in the conversation for greatest defense in history!

Wed match up very well with them.. in a Superbowl matchup itd be 10-9 score. Which team would win? Who knows.

A

Anonymous

BlueBlood":1gvw7lty said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1gvw7lty said:

Wed match up very well with them.. in a Superbowl matchup itd be 10-9 score. Which team would win? Who knows.

Yeah, because they had The Fridge...?

Wilson would shred that defense they ran in '85... :sarcasm_on:

korboko

Reaction score
I remember our rivalry with the Rams and their fans always bragging that they have a super bowl championship and we don't. I guess they can't use the "we have one, and you don't" statement anymore.

legion of boom vs greatest show on turf....

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Feels so darn good...we are now in the mix. The world is watching and we have a place in history. No more will we hear, "The Seahawks have never won anything". This was a Glorious Day for City of Seattle, the Fans and the Seahawks.

Brahn

Reaction score
Only 5 Teams in SB History have scored more points then the Hawks.

We have the Greatest Super Bowl Defense ever to go with the 6th most points scored in a SB.

Go Hawks!

lsheldon

Reaction score
I checked that out last night. That's pretty cool to already be on the Wikipedia page, and listed as current champions. First of many I'm hoping.

sc85sis

Reaction score
To be fair, the Bears had several championship wins before the Super Bowl existed.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Of course, the Eagles have three NFL Championships prior to the Big Game being called the Super Bowl. One of those was against Lombardi's Packers, so Iggle fans like to say "We were beating Lombardi before there was a Lombardi." ;)

Latest posts