When the Seahawks are eliminated...

schkoot

Reaction score
...do you automatically root for teams that have never won a SB??

Because, after the elation of winning SB48, I typically do.

This may speak to the shallowness of my character, but it was one of the most memorable and enjoyable days of my life. I fully accept that there are fans of other teams that love and follow their squad as much as I do the Seahawks. There is a certain satisfaction, if it's not us, in knowing that a different version of me is having their own, long awaited, Feb 2 , 2014.

Here is a list of teams that have never won a SB.
Does anyone else root for any of these teams when the Hawks are out, or do you prefer to keep the winners club as exclusive as possible? I'm genuinely curious who and why, so please discuss.
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Detroit Lions
  • Houston Texans
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
I only root for the really lowly teams out of that list. Teams that have had lots of time at the bottom being trash like Cincinnati or Detroit. I probably would have rooted for AZ if we had won XL, but in that case, I was a petty hater.

I did NOT root for Philly before they finally won. There's just something about them I don't like. Same with the Falcons.

pmedic920

Reaction score
For me it depends.

Depends on who’s still in the running.

Being in Texas and having a disdain for JJ/cowboys I typically pull for the Texans as an AFC representative, obviously they aren’t generally in the conversation but…

I generally roll with who I dislike least, or who is furthest away from impacting the Seahawks negatively.

Weadoption

Reaction score
if the Niners go down to the Hawks this year, i would have no problem whatsoever rooting for them in the playoffs. seeing Geno win a Super Bowl would be as cool of a comeback story the league has ever seen. He’s just a hard dude not to like.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I just enjoy the game without a care who wins. I enjoy plays and the action. Last season's Superbowl was a pretty good game until the ending. I wish the PI or whatever it was, wasn't called. It would have added suspense plus I thought it was a ticky-tacky call in that game at that moment.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
It changes year by year - this year........I will root for the Jets to implode - just to watch Aaron implode. Also the Broncos are closing in on NFL history. They have lost to the Chiefs 15 straight times. 20 consecutive losses is the all-time record team v team. I think if the Broncos can stay focused they can achieve that lofty goal in the next few years. I just like to see the Broncos lose - always.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
I always hope the Bills win a SB, the fans deserve it, and it will be awesome for them, probably similar to the 1981 49ers who had been close a few times in the early 70's.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't really have an alternate favorite and end up rooting against certain teams/players, in particular, the Cowboys, Redskins, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodgers. The Bills were/are a sentimental favorite following the Damar Hamlin incident, and I can see myself rooting for the Lions should they get in as they're the only original team not to have even appeared in a SB.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
My two favorite teams are the Seahawks and whoever plays Pittstink.
Haha. I grew up in Pa...yet was a "rabid" fan Of the Dolphins with the transition from Griese/Woodley/Marino. A cross country move and the arrival of Jimmy Johnson as Miami's coach was a bit much. 2010 I "converted" to Seattle and been enjoying it ever since.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Haha. I grew up in Pa...yet was a "rabid" fan Of the Dolphins with the transition from Griese/Woodley/Marino. A cross country move and the arrival of Jimmy Johnson as Miami's coach was a bit much. 2010 I "converted" to Seattle and been enjoying it ever since.

GemCity

Reaction score
Bengals. They’re my “AFC team” and due to proximity, I watch quite a few of their games live.

In the chance that the Seahawks play Cincy (like this year), it’s Seattle all day. I’ve got my JSN Seahawks jersey ready for this one….

Most of my family and friends are Bengals fans. But, since me and my son are Hawks fanatics, they go to road games with us (we’re in a great central area to catch at least one Hawks road game every year).

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I look at several things. Not winning a super bowl garners my favor, but there are certain players and sometimes head coaches that can sway me, too.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not so much root for another team these days, but root against those I despise more then others, most are in this thread.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The Bears, for my father in law and brother in law. They’re as die hard of a Chicago fans as it gets and they both go out of their way constantly to root/watch/keep up with the Seahawks as much as they do the bears because of me so it’s cool.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The Bears, for my father in law and brother in law. They’re as die hard of a Chicago fans as it gets and they both go out of their way constantly to root/watch/keep up with the Seahawks as much as they do the bears because of me so it’s cool.
Once the Bears and Seahawks are eliminated, I don’t have another favorite, but I will root AGAINST the Packers and Cowboys.