Seahawks sign LB Mike Taylor and TE Travis Beckum

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Mike Taylor is actually a stud.. at least he was at Wisonsin.

Used to be that Id just dismiss any signing this time of year, especially ones as seemingly inconspicuous as these ones, but with the way these guys turn dung to diamonds I find myself taking them at least with a larger grain of salt.

jblaze

Reaction score
John Schneider is from Wisconsin so he knows these guys. Taylor could be a Farwell replacement because Farwell is set to make 1.5m this year and his dead money is only 167k so they could recuperate about 1m by cutting him after paying Taylor. Farwell is also 32 years old.

Beckum could be for leverage with a Miller restructure. Keep an eye out if we resign McCoy soon because that could be it for Miller.

We also signed a Terrance Parks who is a DB out of Florida State in his second year. Not much info on him at the moment.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
jblaze":c5u3sufh said:
John Schneider is from Wisconsin so he knows these guys. Taylor could be a Farwell replacement because Farwell is set to make 1.5m this year and his dead money is only 167k so they could recuperate about 1m by cutting him after paying Taylor. Farwell is also 32 years old.

Beckum could be for leverage with a Miller restructure. Keep an eye out if we resign McCoy soon because that could be it for Miller.

Farwell may be gone, but not likely because of Taylor. Farwell has been an extremely valuable special teams player, and backup middle LB for us. He's very savvy on the field, and is most always in the right place at the right time. Some of that can be attributed to instinct, and more due to experience.

Miller may also be gone, and at the very least will be restructured, but what our brass does with him has no connection to McCoy. Miller is the most well-rounded and reliable TE we have. He was probowler before he came to us for good reason, and his talent didn't diminish when he signed with us, he has simply been asked to focus far more on blocking during his time here due to our shaky O-line play over the years. If we draft a do-it-all TE talent like ASJ, then the writing on the wall may spell the end for Miller. The athletic but oft-injured, hit-or-miss blocker with regular cases of the dropsies McCoy will be competing with Beckum, Willson, Helfert, Davis, etc. if he is resigned. :les:

Lady Talon

Reaction score
McCoy was more used more as an H-back if I remember right.

I can't see him threatening Miller simply by getting resigned.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
= Super Bowl Championship.

(Another Seahawks joke that's funny for another reason since 2/2.)