Hawks in the NFL Crosshairs

hawkpride

Reaction score
So now that we are the SUPER BOWL CHAMPS comes the rest of the league gunning for us. Before the SB win only the NFCW teams played like every game was a playoff game (not including the hawks as we know their 1-0 motto), and rightly so. Now all the teams we play this year will be gunning to take down the Champs.
I think this is a good thing and will make the team even better, as any weakness will be exploited by opposing teams even more than before.
Like that one girl said "what doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger".

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Of one thing that I am quite sure...the Denver Broncos under rated us in the SB...and we know what happens if you do that.

jblaze

Reaction score
I feel like we were getting everyone's best shot last year so I don't think it will be a whole lot different.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seattle was picked by a lot of media and pundits to win XLVIII before last season started. So IMO they ALREADY had a target on them last year. Looking back on games last year they got most teams BEST effort already. Just my .05 worth.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Every team we face next year will HAVE to bring their best, just to hope to not get blown out.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This already happened in 2013 when the media and Vegas had crowned the Seahawks as Super Bowl favorites in the offseason. I would say we responded quite well. I expect more of the same in 2014.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
we have 7 games next year with teams that had not particularly impressive defenses. I'd say no matter how they come gunning for us, that's an easier schedule than the one we just had.

cacksman

Reaction score
What you just said is about to happen this upcoming year, already happened last year.

Meeker

Reaction score
Aros":1zzx78b8 said:
This already happened in 2013 when the media and Vegas had crowned the Seahawks as Super Bowl favorites in the offseason. I would say we responded quite well. I expect more of the same in 2014.

Was going to post this...

JMR

Reaction score
Yeah, this already happened. When we traveled in 2013, the hosts knew it was their toughest home game of the year. When we played at home, our visitors knew it was their hardest game of the season against the NFL's bullies. We are used to it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
jblaze":v1r0thtq said:
I feel like we were getting everyone's best shot last year so I don't think it will be a whole lot different.

Exactly. The way we recovered against both the Skins and the Falcons, on the road, sent a message to the rest of the league. Then, the signing of Harvin screamed that message and we've been targeted since. Every team gave their best against us this year, they will do so again next year. We just have to be better.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Damn. I read the Thread title "Hawks in the NFL Crosshairs" and my first thought wasn't 31 other teams, my first thought was Goodell.

Scared me.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I could care less who's gunning for us.
The way I'm looking at it, we're already1-0 because we get to play the Broncos in 2014.
We as fans need to bring it, period.
It's Now Time........to shove it down everyone's throats while we can.
Where are we at? 45 straight without losing by 7 or more?
This is our dynasty happening right now.......live it up!

randomation

Reaction score
All I know about next year is I'm drooling over Russ having Percy for a whole year.

hawksman53

Reaction score
I cant remember now where I heard or read it but, one player from a team we were going to play the following week last year, said when they get ready to play the Hawks, they bring their Hard Hat and Lunch Pail because its going to be the LONGEST work day of the season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maybe I'm naive, but I felt like we were ALREADY getting most teams best shots last year. Just look at the way teams like SF, St. Louis MNF, Indy, Houston, Arizona in the 2nd game, TB, etc played against us.

The Hawks were one of the front runners to win it all, so it's not like they flew under the radar getting mediocre efforts against them all of 2013.

formido

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gkqjkls said:
Maybe I'm naive, but I felt like we were ALREADY getting most teams best shots last year. Just look at the way teams like SF, St. Louis MNF, Indy, Houston, Arizona in the 2nd game, TB, etc played against us.

The Hawks were one of the front runners to win it all, so it's not like they flew under the radar getting mediocre efforts against them all of 2013.

Indeed. There was a ton of hype for Seattle and folks wanted to puncture it badly. But sometimes it's not just hype, a lesson I like hype-haters to learn every once in awhile.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Iron sharpens iron, so maybe that'll be the case here.

Plus the Seahawks play against the 2nd best team each week in practice.