Switch Verticals Passing Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Light

Reaction score
I've posted here before and appreciate those who have looked at my stuff. I have various Seahawks articles but I just finished a new piece. Took a look at one of the Seahawks most popular big play passing concepts: Switch Verticals.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
HI Jim.... Hey, that's the first time I've seen your blog. Thanks for posting. It's now bookmarked. Thanks also for highlighting those 'Switch Vertical' concepts. You describe the plays and responses very well.

OP
OP
J

Jim Light

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Here are a couple more Seahawks articles I've written. This first one is on their outside zone run & play action Y cross:

Here is their goal line sucker play 'U Gotcha'

This last one was a Super Bowl preview going over some possible concepts to attack Seattle's defense

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Looks like the same pick type play that N.O. was doing earlier this year, but they were picking and releasing. I could imagine us using that play with a #1 receiver on one side of the formation and 2 on the other side doing the play. A TE release in the middle if everyone is covered. Too many weapons for them to handle.

OP
OP
J

Jim Light

Reaction score
No doubt. When you have the type of running game that Seattle does with the QB run element added in also it really simplifies and takes away a lot of the opposing defenses package. Offensive Balance wins in the NFL, when you're one dimensional, even if you have Brady or Manning its difficult to win the Super Bowl. That's why Brady was better in the playoffs early in his career and why Manning has struggled in the playoffs, not enough balance, no change up if teams can negate their fastball (spread passing game).

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
.....and the links are gone. Is that a forum 'no, no?'

TJH

Reaction score
That's unfortunate.....It was a good article.

The Radish

Reaction score
I'm sure Jim Light will be back with us soon. He is in the process of getting permission from the powers that be.

Sorry to interrupt a good article but all of us aren't crazy about posters wanting to use our fanbase for their website articles. There is a very fair procedure for such things.

Are we bastards for not wanting someone from another site taking our members away? Why yes, yes we are.

:D

Well that Spidey lover from Sal's might be considered ok,,,,,,,

hidn

Reaction score
Bad form. It's no different then posting a link to an espn/nfl.com/seahawks.com article except that he wrote it. If it were a link to another FORUM that's one thing, but it wasn't.

Jville

Reaction score
I have no problem with due diligence and procedure discipline.

Carry on Radish :th2thumbs:

RussJames

Reaction score
The Radish":9n70u03w said:
I'm sure Jim Light will be back with us soon. He is in the process of getting permission from the powers that be.

Sorry to interrupt a good article but all of us aren't crazy about posters wanting to use our fanbase for their website articles. There is a very fair procedure for such things.

Are we bastards for not wanting someone from another site taking our members away? Why yes, yes we are.

:D

Well that Spidey lover from Sal's might be considered ok,,,,,,,

Oh, well that's stupid. Was it a Seahawks article? That's why I come to this site, to read about Seahawks related things. If you remove an article pertaining to the Hawks, it forces me go to different sites to find my daily fix. Field Gulls has an entire page posted every single day full of other peoples articles.

The one thing this site lacks is good X's and O's analysis, and now the one time I find a decent topic, it get's taken down.

RussJames

Reaction score
Someone should PM me the link so I can check this dude's shiznit out.

Jville

Reaction score
There is a forum available addressing frequently asked questions and administrative contact information.

Here >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewforum.php?f=13[/urltargetblank]

ivotuk

Reaction score
So what happened to the link to this article? I never got the chance to read it and posters are saying it is pretty good.

I realize people need to consider the guidelines but not sure we want to "discourage" people from bringing good stuff here either. Micro-managing can have negative effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.