Because offseason: Cool re-design of the uniforms

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
http://www.jessealkire.com/nfl/#/seahawks/

JesseAlkire_SeattleSeahawks.jpg

JesseAlkire_SeattleSeahawks_helmet.jpg

JesseAlkire_SeattleSeahawks_pants.jpg

These things pop up from time and usually they are pretty stupid, but I have got to say that I love this look. I'm glad he didn't touch our helmet, which is easily the coolest in the NFL. Anyway if you are into such things its something to look at while you wait for news on Michael Bennett's contract extension.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wonder if we can just merge this with the last 16 years or so off season uniform threads?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Our uniforms are already, by far, the coolest in the league. Why change after they're still new? I like 'em the way they are right now. Let's at least get tired of them before we change 'em again. Hey, anybody seen the new Tampa Bay uni's in the news today? They're the second team after us to do a radical, Nike-backed redesign. I like 'em, except for the helmet. Here's a brief look...

Kinda funny how the two "new" teams from '76 are the one's leading the charge to the future of the NFL...

New-Buccaneers-Uniforms-1.jpg

chris98251

Reaction score
rollerball_620x348.jpg

That could be the upcoming Rams version in Yellow and blue

25 midi

Giblien

Reaction score
I still want the old 80's unis back. Those are sweet beyond compare.

dunceface

Reaction score
The Hawks re-do isn't bad but it just looks like a watered down version of what we have now...

And the new Bucs unis aren't bad but the use of the Orange is a little out of place since that wasn't a big part of their last unis design. Feels like it could just as readily be a Bengals jersey with the lack of red on the Jersey itself...not sure how I feel about the numbers yet but I kinda felt that way when I first saw our major redesign

Starrman44

Reaction score
I'm all for modern uniforms, but I don't like the orange on the Bucs uniforms. Hopefully it's better in "real life".

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Starrman44":1ox87ib1 said:
I'm all for modern uniforms, but I don't like the orange on the Bucs uniforms. Hopefully it's better in "real life".

I seem to remember that exact same argument over our "neon" green... Still hear that bitch about 'em nowadays... Naturally, I love our green accents... Loved it the second I saw it...

drdiags

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2aw0e35m said:
Starrman44":2aw0e35m said:

I seem to remember that exact same argument over our "neon" green... Still hear that bitch about 'em nowadays... Naturally, I love our green accents... Loved it the second I saw it...

As a crotchety old fart, I wasn't impressed much with the new unis when they came out. Now, our uniforms are tight. I have to admit the hint of green in them with the matching cleats and gloves make them pop. I loved the old school unis, then grew to like the Blue Men group unis but I will admit the latest versions of the uniforms are pretty sweet.

You didn't just hear me say this. These are not the Droids you are looking for ...

Throwdown

Reaction score
BlueThunder":6wva2lao said:
Our uniforms are already, by far, the coolest in the league. Why change after they're still new? I like 'em the way they are right now. Let's at least get tired of them before we change 'em again. Hey, anybody seen the new Tampa Bay uni's in the news today? They're the second team after us to do a radical, Nike-backed redesign. I like 'em, except for the helmet. Here's a brief look...

Kinda funny how the two "new" teams from '76 are the one's leading the charge to the future of the NFL...

New-Buccaneers-Uniforms-1.jpg

Jacksonville rolled out an atrocity last year, and Miami rolled a new one out too.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I like the new shoulder design but it'd have to have the stripe on the front of the jersey.

Starrman44

Reaction score
BlueThunder":boqgk2gc said:
Starrman44":boqgk2gc said:

I was shocked when our uniforms rolled out. I expected more of a tie in with our original uniforms. My wife loved them immediately, as did I by about the next day. I was mostly concerned about it looking purple in person, and I didn't know how I would feel about the wings. Anyhow, I've always loved the neon green. However, I've always worn "neon" green with blue as an accent color.

The orange will probably grown on me.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Starrman44":150gaos5 said:
BlueThunder":150gaos5 said:
Starrman44":150gaos5 said:

I was shocked when our uniforms rolled out. I expected more of a tie in with our original uniforms. My wife loved them immediately, as did I by about the next day. I was mostly concerned about it looking purple in person, and I didn't know how I would feel about the wings. Anyhow, I've always loved the neon green. However, I've always worn "neon" green with blue as an accent color.

Your rug-rats seem to be "on-board" with the Neon green as well... :D Though I see your youngest seems to be a holdout...

Starrman44

Reaction score
BlueThunder":q6r6ycc7 said:
Starrman44":q6r6ycc7 said:
BlueThunder":q6r6ycc7 said:
Starrman44":q6r6ycc7 said:

Your rug-rats seem to be "on-board" with the Neon green as well... :D

Ha Ha!! Yeah they are. Actually every morning they get up, I hear them arguing with their mother because they want to make sure they got a "Seahawks" color on. Of course they proudly show me their "Seahawks" color when they come downstairs. Thankfully the Hawks have white in their uniform or Mom would never get them dressed!! :D

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I really like them, I think Jax was the 2nd team to re-do their uni's since nike too over.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Jacksonville is the only team that should be contracted for their uniforms, those are terrible.

on scale of new uni's since Nike took over.

Seattle
Miami
Tampa Bay
.... <~~~~~ The other teams that have yet to redo their uni's since Nike took over
Jacksonville <~~~ Dead last as a muhhhh