Think Revis and Sherm could patch things up? (total fantasy)

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Looks like TB is gonna release Darrelle Revis, barring a trade.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10585 ... -trade-him

I know, I know... Not possible.. But imagine how well he'd fit in with the LOB!! Not one, but TWO shutdown corners!

As long as Sherm isn't yelling across the field during practice... "You Suck Revis!. I'm the best in the league!" :p

But to feed my fantasy...

How much money is Revis gonna command anyways?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Revis isn't a fit for our system. Obviously he is good enough to play but he is a completely different type of player than we have in our system. He would actually match up better as our nickel. lol.

Happybelly

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":24gj0a98 said:
Revis isn't a fit for our system. Obviously he is good enough to play but he is a completely different type of player than we have in our system. He would actually match up better as our nickel. lol.

It's never going to happen, but how is he not a fit for the system?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1ui85foj said:

Revis is a press corner. The Seahawks are a press coverage team for th most part. You are wrong.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
No way we could afford him and even if we could, I would rather spend money on DLine (Ware,Melton), resigning Tate, or grabbing a different CB for less (BB,Talib,Tillman,Verner). No need to spend big on CB at this point though, it's just not worth it when you could do so much at other positions.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sherman has already said their feud was blown out of proportion in the media. He and Revis have had multiple conversations off of twitter and he says they are on good terms.

With that said, Revis still isn't coming here.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Happybelly":2br4re7z said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":2br4re7z said:

It's never going to happen, but how is he not a fit for the system?

Our outside guys play bump coverage at the line of scrimmage and trail with ridiculous safety help over the top. Playing the jam means you need to be big (match up against the Megatrons of the world) with long arms. Playing in trail means you need to be tall (see my signature - Revis doesn't make that play). You don't need top end speed or great hips. the whole idea is you nver give a receiver a free release.

Revis is 5'11" and has the best hips and speed in the business for years as he succeeded in playing off coverage for most of his career. Off coverage, is the classic 5-7 yard gap corners typically leave that requires ridiculous hips and top end speed because you basically have to be more athletic than the WR. Problem is, it is hard to be tall with great hips and top end speed. This is why we get all these great tall CBs in the 5th round. No one wants them because no one has Earl Thomas. But off coverage is how you play corner with no safety help over the top - a true shutdown corner. This is why Sherman is always an almost true shutdown - because we always play cover-1 and Earl Thomas is always over the top with incredible range. However, he has far less experience playing the jam and trail. He also probably couldn't match up against the biggest WR doing this.

Bottom line - think of the CB position as a spectrum with Revis on one side with great hips and speed and Sherman on the other with great length and size. The former, at their best, can play with no help, the latter requires safety help for deep balls.

MPLogick

Reaction score
Revis is a dominant player and a fit for any system - he had a fantastic year last year despite what some people believe. The Seahawks don't need him because they've proven they can draft corners late and coach them up to be really good players, for a fraction of the cost.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3w13ccc3 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3w13ccc3 said:

Revis is a press corner. The Seahawks are a press coverage team for th most part. You are wrong.

Revis is not a press corner in any reasonable degree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_owXKnXuSM

Watch from 1:10 on and count the number of plays he is in press coverage. I counted zero expect for a possible goaline. He just plays off coverage so tightly that you think it is a press. He never looks to jam receivers, he gives them free releases - just plays them very tightly. That is why he was the best.

rightbench

Reaction score
Revis would be the next guy cut after a couple weeks because he wouldn't buy in. he's too much about himself (see White, Lendale)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Bringing Revis here WITHOUT paying Sherm?

No thanks. That would cause a major rift.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He'd be a great scheme fit, but the last thing I would guess this team wants to do is add a pricey player into their soon to be ridiculously pricey secondary.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Man, weren't there a bunch of threads about this last year, too? Nothing about Revis says "Seahawks" to me except that he's a good corner. However, we don't need to spend a ton on outsiders for our secondary. Not happening.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I guess I should have capitalized the part in parenthesis in the title of this thread...

(TOTAL FANTASY)

I knew there was .09% chance of it ever happening. I just thought it would be awesome if there was some way it could happen, and Tampa is letting him go in a cost-cutting move. He had a great year. And if he could join our Defense? Surrounded by our glut of talent to where he didn't have to carry most of the load in the secondary? OMG! He'd be on a whole 'nother level! That's why a lot of our guys are as good as they are... The surrounding talent.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BlueThunder":266cst33 said:
I guess I should have capitalized the part in parenthesis in the title of this thread...

(TOTAL FANTASY)

I knew there was .09% chance of it ever happening. I just thought it would be awesome if there was some way it could happen, and Tampa is letting him go in a cost-cutting move. He had a great year. And if he could join our Defense? Surrounded by our glut of talent to where he didn't have to carry most of the load? OMG! He'd be on a whole 'nother level! That's why a lot of our guys are as good as they are... The surrounding talent.

Not even .09%

We have a better chance trading the 32nd overall pick for Calvin Johnson than Darrelle Revis does at becoming a Seahawk.

Escamillo

Reaction score
HawkFan72":30o5i825 said:
Sherman has already said their feud was blown out of proportion in the media. He and Revis have had multiple conversations off of twitter and he says they are on good terms.

With that said, Revis still isn't coming here.

Then Revis ripped Sherman after the Erin Andrews interview, saying Sherman is a "me, me, me" player, this coming from a guy that held out on his team multiple times to renegotiate existing contracts. THat said, if they ended up on the same team, sure, they could get along. Not going to happen IMO, because Revis is too big a cap hit.

TJH

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":glk329ea said:
Revis isn't a fit for our system.

He is the prototype of what fits our system. I have no idea what you're talking about. He is far better in press than you think.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hahahahaahha. 40% of our cap going to just the secondary in 2015.