Can I speculate on our early 2014 schedule.....

Reaction score
...just to get away from FA talk, thanks.

Week #1 - Thursday night (home) vs Denver..... (can it really be anyone else ??)
Week #2 - Sunday night - or MNF (away) vs Whiners..... (open their new stadium with the best rivalry ??)

Really, this HAS to be the way the NFL would want coverage/support.

The thing that would suck, is that the defending Champs would open up with probably their two toughest games
of the season - except for maybe a trip to Carolina - IMO

Thoughts ?? ...for the fun of it... :hmmmm:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Week 2 and 3 kinda have to be out of our realm. I would think maybe SD Chargers and Either Carolina or New Orleans for week 3. Just a supposition here too. Gotta keep the hard games for the middle of the season and the end of it.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I say that only as a hunch because the league wants to show case the niners new stadium and if we face the niners week one, it would have the niners on two prime games back to back.
The Super Bowl repeat might not draw a huge crowd early as the blow out still will be fresh in people's minds.
The other home games are not really that challenging...Dallas, giants and the raiders.....

Then we have the divisional games which normally they want later in the year but what do I know.....just my cdn two cents.....which is not worth much right now....

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":1o9tann1 said:
I would wager that week one will Green Bay Packers
I agree 100%.

I also believe that the Superbowl rematch will be early December when the outcome could be pivotal for division races. Playing that game in week 1 would be a waste.

And I also believe that the two games with the Whiners will be mid-season and in week 16... just a hunch.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I don't want to mess with Denver til later in the season. Let the superbowl beat down not be so fresh. Let the "new" of these players wear off.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't want Denver early either.
Let them beat up on their weaker division, and get some what full of themselves again.
Then beat all hell out of them mid-season, and proceed to roll the rest of the season to HFA!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":3hkphyic said:
cdn hawk fan":3hkphyic said:
I would wager that week one will Green Bay Packers

why GB - and not a Superb Owl rematch ?? (ESPECIALLY to show it wasn't a fluke)

Because they will do that one later in the year. The opener is never an AFC-NFC match up

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
misfit":jjo39r09 said:
I think the opener will be San Fran

Again that will be a big draw no matter what time of year they have it. And I kind of have a feeling the prime-time game will be in SF this year because of their new stadium.

Agreed that its likely Green Bay.

MPLogick

Reaction score
The reason the league probably wouldn't schedule a Super Bowl rematch Week 1 is because Opening Night is already an enormous ratings draw to the entire country, no matter who's playing. Broncos Seahawks, no matter when it's scheduled, is going to do enormous ratings. No reason to fold them into each other and lose one big ratings event for advertisers.

davidonmi

Reaction score
it'll be green bay IMO, the storylines will be off the charts.
They haven't done an interconference opener in a while, I doubt they do it now

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
davidonmi":1dt47pm4 said:
it'll be green bay IMO, the storylines will be off the charts.
They haven't done an interconference opener in a while, I doubt they do it now

The storylines took a bit of a hit yesterday since the players who did the most in our last matchup against the Packers (Clemons and Tate) are gone now.

Still I agree that it will be Green Bay, and I think it's the right choice.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
I would think Green Bay also.

Possibly Dallas just because they are Dallas.

But I would love it to be the Raiders just so there is no chance in hell of a loss...haha!!!

Latest posts