McQuistan to Browns

Kooshster

Reaction score
OL depth should be a key focus of the mid-late rounds of the draft. I know we have Bowie and Bailey, but if one (or both) of them wind up starting, we're looking thin.

jblaze

Reaction score
Good riddance. Guy was a sieve last year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He was a decent, versatile lineman.

With that said, I'm not losing any sleep over this. He had a $3m+ cap hit last year and we weren't going to bring him back on anything close to that. Time to draft a replacement.

monkey

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2f99xaw1 said:
Per Clayton via Blount. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... ks&id=5118

Seattle Seahawks free-agent offensive lineman Paul McQuistan has reached a one-year deal with the Cleveland Browns, a source revealed to ESPN’s John Clayton on Monday.

Good luck Paul. It wasn't your fault we kept playing you at LT.

Very true.
It's also not really his fault that he's not very talented...at least he was versatile and played hard.
I won't be shedding any tears over him moving on, but I am grateful for what he did, he was a useful cog that provided depth all over the line.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He was really good back in 2011 when Okung got hurt in the Eagles game. He moved over to LT and played quite well. In the 2 seasons after though he never played nearly as well again.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Pauls been pretty solid as a backup who's been asked to do a lot at different spots. Gotta be an awfully fickle fan to approach this with a "good riddance" attitude. Just sayin. . .

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
jblaze":2oomnu9t said:
Good riddance. Guy was a sieve last year.

In a year when the guy played his ass off (and out of position) and we won the superbowl, it just seems like comments like this are unnecessary.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
He was a good dude to have. Versatility was nice. He wasn't great at anything but he was serviceable at really 4 positions on the line.

He got embarressed on TNF vs the cardinals..... But again thats why LT's are so valuable because its a hard position to fill!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think the biggest role he ever played was off the field, mentoring new guys on the cable way.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He was a solid OG. It's not really his fault that our entire line got hurt and Cable decided to play him out of position at LT. Sort of a shame that he'll largely be remembered for those games. He was a key piece in the rise of this team. I wish him well.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
McQ was a trooper. Not the most talented guy in the world but always brought his lunch pail and worked his tail off. Always good to have a Jack of all Trades as a backup. Good luck to you!

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Okay, I think I've figured out our plan: the defensive line will also play offensive line. Championship.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I have no doubt we were better last year with him than without him. Best of luck Paul.

ivotuk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":eh95hzet said:
Schilling for McQuistan is a net win for the Hawks.

Took me a second to figure this out, thought you meant "shilling" at first, as in we were helping McQ get a good contract elsewhere. Then I remembered, we signed a "Schilling" for a farthing.

Yes I know, I fried my brain long ago. =-/

btw, 'grats to McQ and thank you for your service kind sir. His signing in Cleveland will eliminate some uncertainty along the line.