McQuistan to Browns

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
washmont":3uglo6hc said:
Let the 2015 Comp Picks keep coming
The max per team is four. This won't impact anything unless the Hawks suddenly go on a free agent signing spree, which clearly is highly unlikely.

aawolf

Reaction score
I wanted to keep him to play guard, I'll admit. But, he should never play tackle again in the NFL. Thank you for all your hard work, McQ.

We need to draft an O-lineman in the first two rounds. I don't know about all this "later round" stuff. We are super thin at both tackle positions now.

CANHawk

Reaction score
It's a vote of confidence for Carpenter IMO. Either that or they have really high hopes for the Schilling kid. Either way though, it's probably for the best. I always liked McQ's versatility, but not at the money he was making.

MizzouHawkGal":3vmpgsp0 said:
Offensive line and wide receiver needs to be a focus in the draft. Good luck Paul.

Maybe WR, but not O-line. With the exception of possibly RT (maybe/maybe not Bowie) the starters look set. We need depth guys. THOSE guys are going to come after other teams cut down to 53 in the "2nd round of free agency" as I believe JS likes to call it. Sure we'll probably draft a few O-Linemen and pick up a few more as UDFA's, but serviceable veteran backups are going to be cut loose by the bushel before week 1 and I'm positive we'll pick up a few to round out the OL corps.

Sorry you have to play for Cleveland now Paul... :(

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":2tcmqxi4 said:
NorthDallas40oz":2tcmqxi4 said:
Schilling for McQuistan is a net win for the Hawks.

Took me a second to figure this out, thought you meant "shilling" at first, as in we were helping McQ get a good contract elsewhere. Then I remembered, we signed a "Schilling" for a farthing.

Yes I know, I fried my brain long ago. =-/

btw, 'grats to McQ and thank you for your service kind sir. His signing in Cleveland will eliminate some uncertainty along the line.

Naw....was a couple of Pesos dude. Or was it Tuppence?? I think I have the same problem you have wif duh brane? :mrgreen:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
McQ was the most versatile lineman I have ever seen. He could play ever position but center -- poorly. Great guy, total team player, and an integral part of this team's greatest season, but I am not wholly unhappy to see him go. Watching him play left tackle was a nightmare.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
hawkfan68":159rck6t said:
What Rocky Dennis aka Elephant boy is gone?

7818 Mask

These things are good: ice cream and cake, a ride on a Harley, seeing monkeys in the trees, the rain on my tongue, and the sun shining on my face. These things are a drag: dust in my hair, holes in my shoes, no money in my pocket, and the sun shining on my face.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I know we have the draft coming up, but that alone won't fill all the depth needs we have right now. Hopefully the FO starts to sign some FAs to fill some of holes soon.

kf3339

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1hyeibbo said:
jblaze":1hyeibbo said:
Good riddance. Guy was a sieve last year.

In a year when the guy played his ass off (and out of position) and we won the superbowl, it just seems like comments like this are unnecessary.

Agreed. He did his best under a difficult situation that wasn't his doing. Good Luck Paul and thank you!

drdiags

Reaction score
Congrats to McQ on his signing with the Browns. He did his best while here and helped the young guys understand how Cable wanted his OL to function. Always tried to answer the bell when called upon to fill an emergency role or when highly drafted players couldn't step up to claim the job. He is a role player who put in time for the Seahawks and most likely has 5-6 more years left in him.

Good luck and thanks for your efforts as a Seahawk.

Jville

Reaction score
Thank you Paul McQuistan for:

#1 Helping Tom Cable with the conversion to zone blocking.

#2 Stepping in at multiple positions to save the day.

#3 Reliability and always being available over a three year stretch ... a feat no other lineman can remotely approach.

#4 Ignoring the noise.

Enjoy your triumphant return to Cleveland with Supebowl ring and championship experience.

Best wishes. :th2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
If I joined in all the negativity I see around here by some posters, it would diminish the SB win for me. But that's just me.

Thans, McQ and good luck with your career going forward.

:thirishdrinkers:

TXHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2fxiiys5 said:
It's a vote of confidence for Carpenter IMO. Either that or they have really high hopes for the Schilling kid. Either way though, it's probably for the best. I always liked McQ's versatility, but not at the money he was making.

MizzouHawkGal":2fxiiys5 said:
Offensive line and wide receiver needs to be a focus in the draft. Good luck Paul.

Maybe WR, but not O-line. With the exception of possibly RT (maybe/maybe not Bowie) the starters look set. We need depth guys. THOSE guys are going to come after other teams cut down to 53 in the "2nd round of free agency" as I believe JS likes to call it. Sure we'll probably draft a few O-Linemen and pick up a few more as UDFA's, but serviceable veteran backups are going to be cut loose by the bushel before week 1 and I'm positive we'll pick up a few to round out the OL corps.

Sorry you have to play for Cleveland now Paul... :(

God, I hope we're not set on the OL except for picking up a few off the scrap heap for depth. Wilson may not survive another season.

two dog

Reaction score
Question: Has Paul and his twin, pat, ever played together in the NFL ? Last I heard of Pat he was cut by the Cowboys.
Paul did fine duty as a guard and Ill bet he didn't want to be at LT anymore than you didn't want him there.

Guys like this are valuable to a team. Remember Frank Omiyale a few years back. Played a really good game at LT
against the Bears when Okung was hurt (again). Zero sacks given up against, I believe, Peppers.

Any, best of luck Paul. Godspeed, wind at your back and all that stuff. Sorry about living in Cleveland.

Atradees

Reaction score
Our offensive line was pretty bad at pass protecting and in some games against the run.

The browns seem like a good fit for McQ.

The OL must have to be addressed in the early rounds. Come on guys no more running backs or fullbacks.

Losing two guys should be a good start for the rebuild.