Is it generally excepted that Hawks vs 49'ers is the match?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
That everyone will be anticipating and ultimately looking to them for the doorway to SB49?
The Cards , the Rams and the other divisions are worthy of competition... but do you really see any "break-out" contender?

It comes down to ultimate coaching, talent and synergy!

Right?!!

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Id say yes,we are clearly the best two teams in the nfc. Carolina Imo was third, but they have no wrs at this point. ARI is close, as is NO. CHi might suprise this season.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rams suck, not worried.

Cards are one Carson Palmer slip from sucking, and we know that can happen at any moment.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Seahawkscrazy":4non8jtj said:
Id say yes,we are clearly the best two teams in the nfc. Carolina Imo was third, but they have no wrs at this point. ARI is close, as is NO. CHi might suprise this season.

Frack Chicago simply because of that drama queen Jared Allen.

amill87

Reaction score
It's all about defense. The teams that will be there in the end from the nfc have to have at least a 2nd tier defense.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Not to be a jerk but I think you meant -accepted-. There is a really big difference between that and "excepted".

drdiags

Reaction score
I would be leery of too much talk about whether it's either the Seahawks or the 9ers to win the NFC.

I would like to see the OL step up and keep our QB from getting killed along with the offense being able to convert in the Redzone a little better.

I say keep an eye on the Saints, Packers, Eagles and Cardinals. Panthers are confusing me right now. Not sure what to make of them yet.

Other teams looking to rebound from an off year like Skins, Bears and Lions. Then the dark horses like Rams and Bucs. That is the pecking order I see right now, subject to change as the season unfolds.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Throwdown":1i27nlc4 said:
Rams suck, not worried.

Cards are one Carson Palmer slip from sucking, and we know that can happen at any moment.

this is about where I'm at.

The Rams need to prove they can be consistent to be a real threat to being anything but a potential spoiler on a bad day. They play us close but that last game showed us a lot about where both teams are at. They are still trying to figure it out.

The Cardinals are good with a great D, but maybe even less consistent offensively than the rams.

the Hawks have done what no other teams really been able to do in this division in the past 15 years - be great, fall of the map, and reclaim greatness again. The Rams had their years early but have never been very good sicne the 'glory days' of warner and . . .bulger. lol. The cardinals had their SB run but have been inconsistent.

Throwdown

Reaction score
volsunghawk":trw9jgqb said:
seesurfers":trw9jgqb said:
Eagles will soon be our top competition if not already.
How are the Eagles going to be competition for the Browns? They're in different conferences.

Maybe he's worried about not getting the first overall pick for the next 5 years?

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Largent80":1ssihy8v said:
It's a different season and anything can happen.

This.

There are several teams that can make a jump. Maybe not contend for a championship, but could certainly spoil some of the top contenders plans. A few upsets here and there and they could keep a top team from winning their division, earning a first round bye, etc.

Eagles and Rams would be 2 of my picks to make some noise. They each remind me of us a few years back, building up and showing signs of significant improvement in certain areas. If the stay on track and continue to shore up certain things, they'll be dangerous, IMO.

Hawks46

Reaction score
drdiags":22opwli7 said:
I would be leery of too much talk about whether it's either the Seahawks or the 9ers to win the NFC.

I would like to see the OL step up and keep our QB from getting killed along with the offense being able to convert in the Redzone a little better.

I say keep an eye on the Saints, Packers, Eagles and Cardinals. Panthers are confusing me right now. Not sure what to make of them yet.

Other teams looking to rebound from an off year like Skins, Bears and Lions. Then the dark horses like Rams and Bucs. That is the pecking order I see right now, subject to change as the season unfolds.

Pretty much sums it up well for me. I would add that if Arizona would like a seat at the table, they need to beat the Niners. They've lost to the Niners something like 10 times in a row. NFCW is going to be brutal this year, and any team that gets swept by another divisional opponent is probably going to the back of the line.

If a team gets swept, they have to sweep someone else just to get to 3-3 in the division, and I don't see a lot of teams sweeping eachother this year. I can actually see the divisional winner going 3-3, but feasting on non divisional matchups. Our division is so tough next year, that EVERY game has the importance of a divisional game.

kearly

Reaction score
seesurfers":3unso9ky said:
Eagles will soon be our top competition if not already.

The Eagles couldn't beat the Saints at home. That defense is really holding them back, and losing Jackson will be a big deal for Foles as well. I think LeSean McCoy is awesome, but he's an up and down guy from year to year. I think right now Philly is somewhere between the 5th and 7th best team in the NFC.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":25kr9ugi said:
Not to be a jerk but I think you meant -accepted-. There is a really big difference between that and "excepted".

Taht's corect, accept that I'm not an acceptional typist/grammarist,
I hope you can except my apollo-gees ;)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just don't see too many others doing anything to the Niners or Hawks. At least not enough to bring them down. I think that what many don't realize is that the Hawks and Niners both are young enough to keep improving, so the other teams not only have to gain on the current production, but they have to also move on the growth that both SF and Seattle experience.

Having Harvin for a season is going to be HUGE. Marker my words.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The Cards have me nervous. That roster is just loaded with talent. If you put, say, Russell Wilson on the Cardinals and you might in fact have the best team in the NFL. They are just a QB away.